Sofina Foods Employee Reviews

Horrible management disrespectful and rude supervisors
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON11 August 2018
Horrible management they treat you like a slave unless you have been there for a while or a union employee and the pay is not great either and the superviors are rude disrespectful and make sure you feel bad about your self
food production
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Ontario1 August 2018
Cold and messy. Can be physically demanding. You may ruin your clothes depending on where you work. Managemant doesn't care about employee issues. Good pay and benefits.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Working conditions
Do not work here unless you want to make $2 an hour!
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Appleby, ON26 July 2018
I worked 4 days for let's say $14 an hour, 8 hours (I did 10 hours on Monday) so that's 32 hours at least.

They just sent me $50! THATS LESS THAN IM SUPPOSED TO MAKE IN ONE DAY.

I dont know how much the steel toed boots they provide cost but even if they are $300 I should still have $100 at least. So I basically just worked for a week and made less than some person in China in a factory.

Seriously what the heck? If you like working for free and spending all your time and money to make less than minimum wage than you will love this place! I'm sure that's why all the people there have only been in Canada a few weeks... This company is ripping off its workers hardcore, do not believe their lies.

I've spent $200 and borrowed money just go afford to do this job every day and I didn't even make $100. I haven't been paid this low since I was 16 years old and I think I got a bigger cheque from working 3 days at a laundrymat.
Pros
You get paid every Thursday
Cons
Your first paycheque will be less than $100 no matter what
workplace
Warehouse Worker driver power jack . (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB Canada10 July 2018
The people at work are very funny and are very hard working in different places, we are diverts people that,s why makes more fun around us workplace and anyone different Food was nice.
Thanks.
Pros
your own luch
Cons
some time shut hours and some time long hrs.
packaging
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON21 June 2018
stay away from this place,no respect toward the employees. This place should shut down. leave leave leave before is to late.wages are horrible, and pension plan terrible
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Products are fresh and every workers wear gloves
Employee (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON28 March 2018
I learn that you l need to cooperate with your co-workers and be a team player. The hardest part of the job is when there is a breakdowns and the most enjoyable part is when there is a Feast
Pros
Sanitary
Cons
Break downs
Not an ideal company to work...one bad supervisor!
Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 March 2018
Working here is ok. The worst is dealing with bullies that do not accept changes and diversity. No proper clean source of water in the canteen. Safety is not really emphasized. A lot of disgruntled employees still working there which is really annoying.
Pros
Good hours and schedule.
Cons
No work for about a week when it is very slow.
Productive and efficient work place
Food Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 March 2018
Great place to work; Friendly environment with good people. Lots of room to advance and training opportunities. Excellent management team for the most part. Good job security.
Pros
3 different shifts
Cons
Cold
Good people to work with
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 March 2018
Very nice place to work.Very understanding employer and friendly people inside the company. Will recommend this company if you want more benefits..They are also a family oriented company..Most of the people in there are related to each other..
Horrible bosses at hatchery
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 February 2018
The management at the hatchery plant is a nightmare .direct manager is a maniac. He seems like a drug user.treats employees like fricking slaves....swearing and shouting is a daily rutien ...co workers are not great people as the are very much slaves...they need people that had education for mangment. I only lasted 3 months before I was forced to quite...working at the hatchery plant really sucks.
Pros
Cons
Cheap pay
Great working space
Sofina foods (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON15 February 2018
Had many friends who also worked there. They are all welcoming. Some jobs were harder than other jobs. Salary was great. Many hours. Usually started at 6am to 3:30 to 4pm
Productive and learning curve
Production Accountant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 February 2018
Work place full of energetic people, but the senior management was not team player, leadership skills were missing in most of the leaders. Overall it is good company to learn and leave.
Overall good place to work
Shipping Clerk, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC7 January 2018
A good place to work. All the benefits that you need except for eye glasses. Lots of co workers are very nice when you get to know them. Its refrigerated so its very cold, just bundle up and you will be okay.
Pros
Money is good
Cons
Lots of overtime
Packeing line worker
G labour (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 January 2018
Packeing and food cold and enjoying working there ...they pack bacon there and i also work ham there i really like to work there my 14 years....tx pz .
Pros
Free 15 min break
Cons
Over time
Grateful for the opportunity
MAINTENANCE CO-OP (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON22 October 2017
Family-like culture among colleagues, Very accommodating, amazing department Director.
Working and staying here requires resilience by nature of being in meat industry. A lot of opportunities for improvement.
Pros
Free coffee and tea, pretty good in-house cafeteria, really good Director, catered work to utilize and expand skills, given a lot of important independent work, safety equipment provided
Cons
slaughterhouse, scents, low wage, a lot of required gear on plant-floor (hair net, hardhat, lab coat, boots, etc)
na
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 September 2017
Very organized entity with strong support for staff and management. Plants are unionized so it is critical to be alert when dealing with staff. Long term plan in view with flexibility to adapt to quick market changes.
General Labor
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 September 2017
For a food industry, there are occupational standards that are important to be met and as an employee, it is important that those standards are made personal. SOPs save lives, time, money.
good salary
Packager / Cleaner / Sanitation (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON19 September 2017
it is a living salary job. I've learned a lot from the two different departments i have worked with. And dealing with different kinds of people. Management is alright as they leave an open communication set up. The most fun part of the job is once you've learned the method needs to do the job, then they will let you do it with very minimal supervision.
Pros
bonus provided from perfect attendance
Cons
old employees are mostly rude ( unionized)
Heavy work load
Plant Worker (Former Employee) –  Wynyard, SK2 September 2017
The typical day at work was exhausting because you need to stand up for eight hours a day. I learned to be more cautious and aware around the work place. The management was easy to deal with the situation in the workplace. The hardest part of the job is when they sent you to the hot and messy area. I enjoy the benefits of the company.
Pros
Over time
Cons
Standing for long time
Great company!
National Account Manager - Retail & FoodService (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 August 2017
Great company, good people and plenty of room to grow! I would recommend this company to anyone who loves the food industry, wants to work at a growing company and is flexible with an ever changing environment