Sofina Foods

Sofina Foods Employee Reviews

Canada112 reviews
its very challenging and its heavy work place.
majority of the times i have a very stressful and tired able day at work because I have to wake up early.I have learn a lot but no matter how u tried its like u cant please them its a very heavy work for me The parts i enjoy is when they are celebrating and when i get break.
Good work place that pays your bills
Good place to work as long as you are ready and capable to do the job they hired you for. Management is okay and everyone takes pride in doing their best every day. I moved for a better opportunity. If you are looking for a good paying but hard working environment then this is the place for you.
fun workplace
fast pace fun workplace good pay and benefits.

I wish I could work there again in there back office.

I recommend this workplace to my friends and family
Stay Away
If you are a trades person...stay away!!!
Director of Operations and the Director of Maintenance are incompetent! Treat the maintenance department poorly. Poor wages, poor management skills, run to failure and no respect. No investment in equipment but get criticized for equipment failures! Two faced!!! Again, do yourself a favor and stay away!!!!
Fast paced, and friendly environment
Stressfull at the beginning, then it was easy to manage within the work hour but the work will be competitive and fast paced. very friendly coworkers and management people.
Friendly environment
Good salary. Friendly staff, clean environment , I can recommend my friends working here. Such a good company to work. And not to many company offers you a good pay as they do
Excellent company
The fortuity of working in SOFINA is something worth to be remembered. The benefits it offers are truly rewarding and satisfying.. Would highly recommend it to my friends.
hard work but great coworkers
the work is hard sometimes, but i've been taught knife skills that have gotten me a higher pay. it very fast work, but day goes by quickly. i like my coworkers and my supervisor. my family works here, many families work here. this company has put my kids through school. i have nothing bad to say about company.
Horrible work place
I would never work at Sofina again, I worked there for almost two years and there in zero communication and they claim to be family oriented but they aren’t anytime you get approved for leave of absence they use it against you later
Pros
Okay pay
Cons
Horrible communication
Totally messed up
This place is garbage trust the negative reviews cause the owner is ignorant and hasnt changed anything in the company. Management is a joke and treat you bad.
Fast-paced environment with repetitive work
The hardest part about this job would be the repetitiveness of the work that is given to you. You will most likely have to do the same works for an extended amount of time and it can be very boring. The workers in the factory are very nice to newcomers and will help you if you need any.
I just had a problem with my work schedules..
I am looking for a job for Monday- Friday morning shift.
I am looking for better opportunities which will allow me to apply my education and my field of degree in the Philippines.
Productive work place
I had the opportunity to work at a place where I could apply my already acquired and learn more. It was a collaborative job with a lot of travelling to different provinces.
Watch you back. The backstabbing is rampant here.
Unless you are a friend of a supervisor or are of an acceptable racial group, you will be terminated before your 3 month probation with no guidance, instruction, feedback, warning or reason. This seems to be so that the can hire their friends, and not have it look obviously biased and unfair. You better speak the same foreign language as the supervisors or you can forget about it.
Pros
Cons
listening to them talk about you behind your back in foreign languages
productive
i like working there because of good working environment and pay. overtime opportunities and permanent hire employees got all benefits. people can get future
Great management and great people. The new focus that the plant manager has on culture and people is amazing. By putting us first and making us the #1 priority makes me come to work everyday. It's a fast pace hard working environment but with the support its easy.
Pros
tons of free luncheons feels like weekly, awards, team functions, support the community with all kinds of donations
Cons
They have no idea whats going one
They hit grab swear yell. At you everything there not to do. The put you down everything and when. You stand up for your self and give it right back to them. They fire you they treat you like garbage if your on light duty because of an injury but yet you only got injured because they over work there people with no real care about anyone but them self's worst place to work for.
Good pay
Some days may be so tiring and some uneasy coworker but just stick to your work and its all good. Most people are nice. Good coverage and good pay. New manager is great and seem to care for employees
All good so far.
Be an early applicant good posture and be friendly to everyone.Nice workmates we always work cool and work as a team.only they need to replace their machines they are already behind old wrapping machine.Very small space to work.
Over work load and under pay. No support from management. Long working hours. No fun at all. Stressful work environment. Cold temperatures. Not good Working place at all.
Slow Paced
As a food company there is no priority given to technology. As someone who is interested in progressive technologies, this is disappointing. Great company otherwise.