Sofina Foods Employee Reviews

beware ,appling
looing for job (Former Employee) –  burlington18 January 2019
why would any one apply for this place not one good review ,revolving door cant keep employees always hiring, smelly, dirty, work you like dog ,rip you off on your pays, supervisor are bullies they ,dont want you taking full breaks
Pros
nothing
Cons
poor management, week union
I love to work in good company and gain more experience
Good (Former Employee) –  My friend work in that company she said very good18 January 2019
Work is worship
Work in good company and learn more stuff with people
I love to work within this company.
I worked in so many company .i learend so much stuff in different company and gain lot of experiences
I am exited to work in this company
Thanks
Pros
Cons
I love to work 12 hour shift
Didrespectful culture and racism exist to minorities.
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 December 2018
Had a chance to work in the warehouse where I experienced first hand how others treat minorities so badly. A lot of people are good but the culture of encouraging bullies to just go around and treat others like they do stem from supervisor to seniors. You will find good people working here but beware of group of people who are racist and Islamophobic. No respect policy really.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No work when it's slow for up to a week.
good
scanner (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON26 November 2018
calm and clean enviroment with all the basic facilities and the vast big lunch room. pay is also good and given at time so overall rating of sofina foods is good
Mediocore
Qa receiver (Current Employee) –  London, ON31 October 2018
They take good employees and overwork them while lazy employees take a back seat. Supervisors allways willing to lend a hand while management walks all over there hard work
Pros
Great supervisors and people
Cons
Horable management and extreamly disorganized
summer student
summer student (Former Employee) –  London, ON20 October 2018
worked for the summer, I enjoyed working with the people there, they were friendly, the bosses were nice, I worked the afternoon shift there which was from 2pm till 11pm.
Pros
people
Cons
afternoon hours
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Wynyard, SK20 September 2018
Hanging, cutting and finishing product ready for whom ever purchases product can be dirty and smell but overall a good job for anyone who seeks employment
Pros
Discount on chicken, alot of employees, records to break, good benefits
Cons
Repetitve work, hard on wrists, risk of getting sick, risk of depression
alright
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 September 2018
alright, hours and conditions were hectic, but all in all a good experience. I still wonder how QA and the workers were able to process all those samples.
Productive place and great people
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON23 August 2018
I have been working here for almost one year. People are great and the pay is good too. There is growth opportunity to everyone that works hard and is willing to grow.
The company offers a perfect attendance bonus, good benefits and a decent pay. People will complain anywhere, but it is definitely a good company to work for!!
Pros
People, growth opportunities, pay
stay away
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON16 August 2018
been working there for 2 years. im looking for another job. its a horrible place to work the supervisors are bullies and HR aswell as the union Local 175 are useless. they do nothing to help which causes people to quit. alot of workers do not like the union and do want them voted out.

they rip you off weekly....if you dont check your paystub then you are asking for it. they will try to not pay out meal bonuses ( you get 7$ extra if u stay past 4pm) they love not paying that out! ive fought with them many times to the point where ive given up and try to not even stay till 4pm.

if you try to take your full 15 min break or 30min lunch they will say you are late....i still take my full break tho because i go by Ontario Law and i am protected by it if they try anything. union local 175 couldnt care and only worry about people paying union dues.

Local 175 likes taking union dues off everypay you get including vacation pay which i find very greedy. why pay union dues for a week i wasnt there....?

they dont care for your safety at all so please becareful and watch yourself. they will overload you with work thats meant for 2 people.
Pros
6am-330pm. weekly pay
Cons
useless union local 175, underpaid, no paid sick days, supervisors
Horrible management disrespectful and rude supervisors
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON11 August 2018
Horrible management they treat you like a slave unless you have been there for a while or a union employee and the pay is not great either and the superviors are rude disrespectful and make sure you feel bad about your self
food production
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Ontario1 August 2018
Cold and messy. Can be physically demanding. You may ruin your clothes depending on where you work. Managemant doesn't care about employee issues. Good pay and benefits.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Working conditions
Do not work here unless you want to make $2 an hour!
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Appleby, ON26 July 2018
I worked 4 days for let's say $14 an hour, 8 hours (I did 10 hours on Monday) so that's 32 hours at least.

They just sent me $50! THATS LESS THAN IM SUPPOSED TO MAKE IN ONE DAY.

I dont know how much the steel toed boots they provide cost but even if they are $300 I should still have $100 at least. So I basically just worked for a week and made less than some person in China in a factory.

Seriously what the heck? If you like working for free and spending all your time and money to make less than minimum wage than you will love this place! I'm sure that's why all the people there have only been in Canada a few weeks... This company is ripping off its workers hardcore, do not believe their lies.

I've spent $200 and borrowed money just go afford to do this job every day and I didn't even make $100. I haven't been paid this low since I was 16 years old and I think I got a bigger cheque from working 3 days at a laundrymat.
Pros
You get paid every Thursday
Cons
Your first paycheque will be less than $100 no matter what
workplace
Warehouse Worker driver power jack . (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB Canada10 July 2018
The people at work are very funny and are very hard working in different places, we are diverts people that,s why makes more fun around us workplace and anyone different Food was nice.
Thanks.
Pros
your own luch
Cons
some time shut hours and some time long hrs.
packaging
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON21 June 2018
stay away from this place,no respect toward the employees. This place should shut down. leave leave leave before is to late.wages are horrible, and pension plan terrible
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
productive work
PRODUCTION WORKER (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC3 May 2018
the company management are nice. the typical day at work is busy and sometimes when it comes to the workplace culture there are ok even if we are from different places.i always enjoy my job because i already use to it since i do it everyday.
Pros
paid vacation
Cons
too much selfish for the breaktime
Products are fresh and every workers wear gloves
Employee (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON28 March 2018
I learn that you l need to cooperate with your co-workers and be a team player. The hardest part of the job is when there is a breakdowns and the most enjoyable part is when there is a Feast
Pros
Sanitary
Cons
Break downs
Productive and efficient work place
Food Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 March 2018
Great place to work; Friendly environment with good people. Lots of room to advance and training opportunities. Excellent management team for the most part. Good job security.
Pros
3 different shifts
Cons
Cold
Good people to work with
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 March 2018
Very nice place to work.Very understanding employer and friendly people inside the company. Will recommend this company if you want more benefits..They are also a family oriented company..Most of the people in there are related to each other..
Horrible bosses at hatchery
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 February 2018
The management at the hatchery plant is a nightmare .direct manager is a maniac. He seems like a drug user.treats employees like fricking slaves....swearing and shouting is a daily rutien ...co workers are not great people as the are very much slaves...they need people that had education for mangment. I only lasted 3 months before I was forced to quite...working at the hatchery plant really sucks.
Pros
Cons
Cheap pay