Sofina Foods

Sofina Foods Employee Reviews

Poor communication, poor management very un organized place to work poor direction when it comes to being a general labour and not noing we’re you are going to work each day run very poorly.
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
Lack of communication
The production team is hard working and good people.The upper management team (VP's & HR) really don't seem to care about people. There is a lack of respect when dealing with problems or expectations. Speaking with HR about the problems will get you no where, but fired. They have lost a lot of good people in the last years because there is no support, just blame. Think twice before joining the Sofina team.......I know must people there are looking for a new job.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long hours no respect
Incompetent supervisors that have no idea how a plant runs or how to manage people. No safety concerns for maintenance department and treated very badly. Do not work here unless starving on the street.
Cons
Use cameras and radios to watch your every move. When equipment breaks or stops you miss your coffee breaks and lunch breaks till running again.. Very poor management, they blame maintenance for all their problems. There is no enjoyable part of the job. my advice is look elsewhere.
I had great time working there for two years, most of the time having fun with the people I worked around with, I was happy with all the jobs and the tests I was gaving to do through my time their, my favorite part was safety is number one.
I worked as an intern and has a great experience. I learned skills and knowledge from the job. They have a fun and social environment. If i could i would go back to work for them full time. Sometimes it would get busy with season but with the help of my colleagues and manager i was able to get my job done on time end efficiently.
Pros
Free food and drink Samples
The company is good to work for but the managers are so incompetent that the whole work culture and employee culture don't benchmark themselves to their competitors! That's why the skilled employee turn over is too much!!
Pros
No basic salary motivational incentives
Cons
Long hours for skilled workers
depends on what you want from your job, money, or life? Management tries to be helpful but? Most coworkers are helping each other and supporting each other
They are thugs ,they just use for sometime, till they require a worker ,later when they will find substitute they will debarred employee even when he/she work nicely! They have a gang of white people so if anyone who is out of their race they don’t accept others. Students and professional don’t go there for work.This place is very racist!
Pros
They are Racist
Cons
Racist place
sofina is a terrible and horrible place to work hours are random and the pay is not enough to live off of there is no room for advancement they will actually hold you down if they want too bare minimum Hollidays and little to no day off if you have too choose between a prostate exam of sofina foods I would choose the prostate exam because it is more enjoyable
A good place to do a days work for a days pay. If you go to work do your job and stay out of others peoples business then you are fine. It’s a production planet not a office.
Toxic culture has overcome the PoCo plant. The plant manager is spineless and favours people of his own nationality. Will believe horrible employees over his own management. Theres a good example of a supervisor being phyiscally assualted (charges were pressed). Couldnt even heed the warnings from people regarding the problem employee . Pure and simple, too many back stabbers running the show there. Thankfully, there was some great people amongst its general workforce. There are was defined contribution pension.Dont work for Sofina
Pros
Decent pay, defined contribution pension (not many out there anymore
Cons
Very poor managment and favourtism
I found that this job was very stressful. It is very fast paced and hard on your arms. Although I did enjoy working with most of the people there. After I gave notice to them. They put me on the hardest jobs, on my last day!
Pros
Steady work.
Cons
Hard on the arms
Had a great boss when first hired, then my next boss was good also finally my last boss did not know the the job despite being apparently a skilled Electrician, he was basically a office boy.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Too many hours.
Communication between business units is missing in a lot of instances. A lot of changes happening. The company is very top heavy and not enough people working at lower levels. No one wants to make a decision or be accountable.
Pros
4 weeks vacation
Cons
No accountability or action
I have worked there since the doors opened in Mitchell. Every year it gets worse. Management is a joke. The plant manager makes horrible decisions that causes down time and overtime. The owner refuses to spend money on fixing the machines properly so there is overtime every day. Everything is breaking all the time. It's a 10 hour shift and I usually worked 12-15 hr days because of all the break downs. all the break downs. . Management doesn't care how much time or extra work you do for the company it's never enough. Head of HR is only there once a week and whatever you tell HR they go and tell everyone in the office.
Cons
It’s a job, if you want a life or have children, it’s likely not the best place. Days can be very long, with sometimes a lot of sitting around waiting.
Pros
Four day weeks
Cons
People
A growing company with an evolving culture and organizational direction. In the midst of formalizing processes and putting systems in place. Has grown through acquisition so many processes are still manual and vary by location.
I like hard fast work and the employee's are great to work with. It is a life experience, like something that I have never seen before and this builds comradeship. It is a busy place.
majority of the times i have a very stressful and tired able day at work because I have to wake up early.I have learn a lot but no matter how u tried its like u cant please them its a very heavy work for me The parts i enjoy is when they are celebrating and when i get break.
Good place to work as long as you are ready and capable to do the job they hired you for. Management is okay and everyone takes pride in doing their best every day. I moved for a better opportunity. If you are looking for a good paying but hard working environment then this is the place for you.
  1. Employee reviews