Sodrox Chemicals Ltd

Sodrox Chemicals Ltd Employee Reviews

Lots of hours. Dangerous work

Overall I think it's a good company. The pay is good with overtime. The work is challenging. You must stay focused at all times because the risk of a mistake is high. You will be delivering and picking up acid at many different industrial sites. The training is good, if they aren't to busy to do it fully... You get your own truck with a sleeper. Driving tankers requires maybe different skills than you are used to and there are no baffles in the tanks. You'll figure it out. Some issues with maintenance. You are expected to take care of as much as you can on your own. Not a bad thing, just the way it is. Expect to use the bunk roughly 0-2 times per week. Home most nights depending on your run. Averaged 53-65 hours/week Monday to Friday with optional work Sat-Sun ad hock.

Pros

Lots of hours, Management good in a crisis, your own truck

Cons

Lots of hours, low tech, work before family/medical

on the road alot cross border

great place and people to work for,home every other day, very hot work during the summer months, you have to wear a chemical suit while unloading, but you get used to that.

Pros

good pay and benefits

Cons

max out your hours every week

Disappointed with company

Disappointed in Companies policies they don't hire any of 4 designated groups specifically people with disabilities, Visual minorities or women. Qualified or not. Really no time to move loads very demanding maybe that's why.

Pros

Good co workers/ Equipment

Cons

Money could be better

Official response from Sodrox Chemicals Ltd

16 June 2020
I'm sorry to see that we have been given such a low rating by a current employee. We do employ women and visible minorities, and we have people of varying sexual orientation and religious backgrounds. Our hiring policy addresses the four designated groups, and we openly welcome opportunities to become more diverse. If you would like to discuss your concerns in more detail, we are happy to meet with you.

Environnement de travail agréable et productif

Nous sommes une compagnie qui prend la sécurité au sérieux . Un environnement sans stress à Salaberry-de-Valleyfield. Les quarts de travail sont du lundi au vendredi, aucun fin de semaine, par contre vous pouvez être appeler pour une livraison de dernière minute. Salaire compétitif.

Pros

Avantages sociaux, salaire compétitif.

Cons

peux avoir du danger, car travail avec des produits chimiques.

Easy going

My employer throughout school. They provided me with a safe and friendly environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodrox Chemicals Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement