Sodexo Employee Reviews

Found 236 reviews matching the search See all 11,969 reviews
quick paced but thorough
General Cleaner (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 December 2018
overall good experience, was quick paced but training was sufficient. I would like to see more hands on training as well as a longer shadowing period to get employees adjusted to avoid high turn over rates.
Pros
good pay
Cons
some health risks
University kitchen
Prep/Line Cook/sous shadow (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB7 December 2018
It was a great location, however it was not the easiest job. I climbed the ladder of this job quick starting out as a prep cook making 300 mini pizza daily then started prep cooking industrial amounts of various foods suck as raw meat, vegetables, Fruit ETC, I then moved up to becoming sous chef shadow, however the management was not very productive and the menu was being complained about from the students, there was a lack of kitchen spirit and communication.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not good enough pay, No holidays, Seasonal
Unique experience
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Keeyask28 November 2018
Some people really love working with Sodexo. They can grow and learn new skills and advance. This is a camp so there is a high turnover. This is in the Hospitality industry. If this is what your are looking for, this may be the place for you.
Pros
Free Room and Board
Cons
3 weeks in and 7 days off
Fun and diverse workplace
CASHIER/USHER (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC22 November 2018
A typical day at work would start by getting ready to go to either the box office or the gift shop of the museum. I would take my cash and turn on the computer, open the point of sale software, then greet visitors.
Great coworkers and nice environment
March Rd - General Helper (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON18 October 2018
Start of the day would be at 8:00 am. I would be given daily tasks inside and outside the building whether it was gardening, landscaping, recycling, cleaning up. Basically, anything that needed assistance or caretaking would be given to me. The people there are very friendly and helpful. Learned a lot about time management and getting the job done with quality.
Pros
Great people, great food
Great Global Company
Office Manager / HR Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON17 October 2018
Great company to work for. Extremely culturally diverse, strong desire to ensure work life balance, solid health & safety focused culture. Above all, the people ... fun, fair & positive clients and team members.
Fun work place
work as a store front also the team leader (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 October 2018
Good day everyday!!!
Everyone had a beautiful morning smile
no one was left alone and our customer satisfaction was rated high store was always clean .
Manager was able to supervise both the Sodexo Cafeteria and Tim Horton's
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
good pay
Chef manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 September 2018
my supervisor had a gambling problem and would take money from my safe 1000 and when I insisted that she sign a letter stating that she took it , she became explosive
Pros
great pay
Cons
my supervisor
rewarding
HR-Crewing Offshore Officer (Former Employee) –  Qatar11 August 2018
Its a wonderful working in a multi cultural environment, learning of new things everyday.

Its a commitment of everyday because expectations of the employer always high to our company.
Pros
free lunch and snack
Fun place to work
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 July 2018
The company is very good to work for. Great way to travel lots of job opportunities world wide. The wages are fair and they have excellent training for new employees
Amazing work place
Wellness Clerk (Gym) (Former Employee) –  Manitoba15 July 2018
Would return anytime, learned alot will miss it if I do not return. I've worked with them 5 years learn alot they have good programs installed.

Good personnel management they are all whilling to help for you to be a better employee
Pros
Love the atmosphere
Cons
Just too much drama within the personnel
Productive and well working place
Environmental Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 July 2018
Usually I start my day work with a talking meeting where they talk about environmental hazards , I really like that day of hour because yo can learn more about the job. teh workplace culture is fine , everyone gets along and respect eachother, our Boss is very understanding and is always open to any suggestion , during the day the hardest part is the job obviosly its alot of work but nothing that can not be done with order and responsabilty , as long as you have the sketch of whats your day work there is no problem , the most enjoyable part of the day is our lunch time , I get along with my co-workers and it is a pleasent time at lunch.
Pros
Nice people, good treatment
Cons
Decent paying Job with little need for eucation/training
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC8 June 2018
The job is hard but rewarding, management is poor and they don't treat their employees well. The benefits are decent, but no pension or RRSPs and there is not much room for advancement.
Pros
rewarding chance to help people
Cons
you dont have a voice on how to make things better
everyone is different
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2018
Socially and economically this world is changing. I will not give limited review on a job that was great 6 out of 10 years. Legislation Is at fault!!!
Pros
fair hours, fair pay and the availability to raise my children and work without sacrificing one over the other.
Cons
in the last five years, government has been working with this company, to exploit the lower class, inflate the economy, while exhausting the employees.
Productive and engaging workplace
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 May 2018
It was a pleasure to work there, the shifts were good, a meal provided each shift as well as snacks. The workers are friendly and are always willing to over things several times to help you with your job.
productive and safety worlkplace
Cook, cashier and customer service (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON1 May 2018
i have always enjoyed each and every second of working at sodexho, queens university. every supervisor and manager was so helpful and i have learnt a lot of work and gained lots of experience.
Great company
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC1 May 2018
My daily chores was just like at home/more detail than I expect, yet
able to get in and out, co-workers work in harmony, greatly. The hardest and enjoyable what learning how to clean restroom in full details/feel confidence about my work/well done. Able to help others when needed/teamowork
productive and fun
Housekeeping Aide (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 April 2018
I only work part time once a week but I enjoy my work. At times if I am free from my full time job the company will call me then asked if I can cover up someone who was absent in that specific area or place. ( Eg. Sun Park Plaza, North Hill, Sheldon Chumir, or Family Clinic, and TB Clinic ). I am flexible in whatever work assigned to me and I learned so much from each of one, whoever is my companion on work.
The management is good and helpful. I did not see any hard part on my work so far except that it is night time but I used for it. I enjoy working with or without supervision as long as I am doing the best I can for company's good outcome and expectations.
Pros
Break time for half an hour by our own
Cons
Regular hours
fast-paced environment, multi-cultural, shifting schedule, weekends and nights. early morning and late nights.
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON23 April 2018
Gives you the opportunity to learn new ideas on how to manage union workers. Will help you establish a better career path, will give you experience to do multi-tasking jobs and improve interpersonal skills.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Stressful to work there sometimes but fun as well
Cashier/General Helper (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC2 April 2018
This was my first official job. It taught me a lot about myself.

I got along very well with my co-workers. But I also came to the realization that I did not like working with food.

Nonetheless, the job was a great job to have at the time.
Pros
Devoid of boredom because of all the different tasks
Cons
Low salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.

54.1K