Sodexo
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Sodexo Employee Reviews

Canada470 reviews
Good job for 5 years. I was trusted, my opinions sought and I was trained.
I really enjoyed working in the Energy and offshore division. I was taught lots, given all expenses paid, had autonomy and was respected. I took leadership training, was encouraged to use linke other collaborative means to promote women in the workplace and I was on a team to collaborate with others for strategic business planning. It was a good division in the company.
Too much paperwork and poorly managed
The cafeteria was pretty straight forward and the hours are pretty good but the pay is not much. Management is not good. Too much paper work. Lots of rules and regulations that nobody follows and management does little to enforce unless head office shows up, then it's lipstick on a pig. I was employed as a kitchen supervisor and worked there for 5 years. Only stayed that long because the hours where good.
Very productive and fun working environment and team
Enjoyed serving our client and a very productive team members
Very helpful and enjoyable working environment. Learn how to prepare coffee from the barista, preparing event orders and meeting up the clients. profit and loss and month-end closing by taking the closing stock and managed the restaurant and bar. The management is fairly helpful towards the team.Nothing to descript on the hardest part of the job. Work as a team to get the operating runs smoothly without fail.
Sodexo
Very informative orientation process.
Detailed information on personal protectiveness in the work environment of a hospital.

Great staff and very informative always willing to help with questions
Pros
Co workers make all the difference
Cons
Regulations and red tap changing up procedures
too bad they didn't keep up with the curve
accounts are too comfortable from not being competitive in their field to competitors.
accounts lost from plain neglect, but at least we had fun and felt part of the big picture.
great attitudes,
Sodexo was a great company to work for in the chevron building, with positive attitudes and a willingness to grow and take up as many responsibilities as possible for the client.
I appreciate the variety of skills sodexo gave me the oppurtunity to gain, and there willingness to provide top safety training.
They had a decent safety culture which I saw improve over time. Not the worst job I’ve had but definitely not the best.
Pay was not great for how hard you work.
My experience was with a lot of mean, gossipy women which ended up being a bad reflection on the company seeing as we worked with all other services within the hospital.
Pros
Good physical work/ exercise
Cons
Not great pay, too much expected of one person in one shift
A lot Of Concentration on paper work
Good experience very big on health and safety And very good benefits , A lot of paperwork and routine make you forget the basic rule and work depend on who is your superior if you are lucky you get one of the good ones .
A decent place to work
The job is easy enough. But they like to pile extra work on you and expect it all to be completed. If you do the give more work the next time to the point it's not possible to complete.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
They treat you like a tireless robot at times.
Czx
Too many managers, problems are compounded and insulated due to lack of correct and accountable leadership. Empty promises with no follow through. Only family, or friends has chance of advancement. Health and safety is non existent and disconnected from reality. Overall if you have no other options this company might be a interm job.
Enjoyed Working There!
Enjoyed working there. Loved my job but management sucked! Competitive wages; benefits; good hours. Loved the heavy work load (I like to be busy). Not very good leadership. Sodexo as a company is good to work for.
Cheap cheap
Tight wad company lots of talk about health and safety but not adhered to ..to benefits to speak of..high up gets paid well but everybody else fights over crumbs
Horrible experiences
Horrible place. "Supervisor" has zero people skills and has no problem belittling staff in front of customers.
Refused to allow gloves or masks in the middle of the pandemic. Disgraceful.
Pay sucks
Work hard for slaves wage. no real chance for advancement managers care more about their bonuses then employee well-being. Raise if any once per year.
Management only hire friends and family for upper management
Not a good place to work if you want to advance, they hire family and friends for management and they Lie to you, if you disagree with management about anything watch out
Housekeeping department sodexo lethbridge terrible unprofessional!!
I don't know about Sodexo in other Provinces in Canada but Sodexo in Lethbridge Alberta at the Chinook Regional Hospital is Terrible!!! First of all they let go of the good people who are ready, willing and capable of working. Management/Supervisors/Lead hands don't know what they are doing or what's going on. unscheduled phone calls all the time to fill in for people that don't show up. Approximately 60 to 75% of them. Pay is not all that great for what is expected of the employee. Half of the co-workers you can't understand because of their lack of communication skills e.g. English language. Half the equipment you have to use to get the job done safely and efficiently is either missing, broken, faulty, wrecked or non-functioning from the previous employee that didn't report it. Employee's & Supervisors just don't take their work very seriously. Going for unscheduled smoke/coffee breaks. They will hide if their area is clean before the shift is done and not help out someone else that is struggling in their department. All in all I WOULD NOT RECOMEND WORKING FOR THE HOUSEKEEPING DEPARTMENT FOR SODEXO SERVICES! YOUR BETTER OFF WORKING FOR A FAST FOOD CHAIN!!!!
great learning ecperince
i learned a lot working with Sodexo and i am still learning today .love working in remote camps . i've been in camps for almost 9 years and working for sodexo has helped alot
My experience at Sodexo
-The hardest part of the job was not having enough personnel and had to replace them all the time. I had no weekend and no social life while working there.

- The management of the place is not at its best. Every year they need to find a new chef for the kitchen and after the summer they need to find new personnel in the front too.

- We stop working twice a year that makes it hard to make a good living.

- We didn't have any social activities at work and had to pay for our Xmas parties. Which I kinda find sad for a big company like Sodexo.

- I had to pay parking to come to work and 60$ hurt on a paycheck after a while.

- I mostly never took a break time while I was working because I just could with the job I was doing, and the time was still taking off my paycheck.

- The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to eat the food I made
Dead end job
Basically, to make a long story short, they prefer to hire from outside the company instead of hiring within. There was very little room for improvement in your job and you are not guaranteed a raise every year.
Pros
inexpensive meals, get to meet a lot of people
Cons
No room for improvement job wise, some rude employees, raise not guaranteed
Horrible Management
They do not l repeat they do not value their part-time employees. You trained for the job you hired for, but you asked to do tasks you have no training whatsoever, so the "manager" and "supervisor" can save money, and they will receive a big bonus in the end. They have all their families working there, husbands, wives, brothers and more.. 100% nepotism so that you will work for all of them, they are eating all day and take food for their home, but they will say, You can't eat here, don't touch anything, it's not allowed, but they never practice what they preached. For the jobs you asked to do with no training, if you do not perform as you expected, you'll be fire. I mean, you will be fired, trust me. Wrong place. Try another place. Not there, It's not good for your mental health.
Pros
nothing
Cons
all
Productive and Fun
Always fast paced as I was located in UFV Abbotsford.
Management was always wonderful.

Coworkers always worked fabulously with others

Always ensured you were paid accordingly
Pros
Good food and good company