Sodexo

• Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Good co-workers, bad management

The management is the problem. Depending on what department you work for. They never take concerns seriously and are more worried about how tomake themselves look good. Bunch of lazy egotistical people.

Hostile environment and bad politics

The pay is often incorrect and usually you find yourself shorted from earnings.. benefits take for ever to get done and managements takes forever to fix or find a solution to any problem. The only good thing here is the job security and that’s due to a lack of anyone actually wanting to work for the company. I would say avoid a disastrous mistake and find somewhere else to work in long run…

Pros

Job security

Cons

good place for hospitality work experience

Employee training providedEmployee uniform provided Employee lunch provided But very strict management Colleagues were nice and friendly Only 30 min break for lunch too short.You have to stand and work for more than 8 hrs physically

Micro Managing

If I have to summarize my time at Sodexo then it would be:Internal PoliticsFragile EgosPower struggle among the leadershipDisorganizedNo work like balance

One of the best places I've worked so far

One of the best places Ive worked so far. Management really does care for their workers and they put the time and effort to make sure everything is going smoothly. Everyone treats you almost like a family there, and when it comes to mental health they are one of the best and most understanding. Definitely a great place to work.

Pros

Free/ Discounted lunches. Friendly employees. Good tips.

Cons

None that I have so far.

Not a good work environment

The job was alright but management was poor a lot of people bad to stay long hours because of a people who called in sick and it’s always the same people there was no consideration management relied on the same people to stay for 5 more hours after their 8 hour shift, they made some people do 3 persons jobs there was just no considered at all, the communication was very poor. My experience with Sodexo was awful seniority means nothing in that place when I started working there i was thrown in doing so many jobs, I was put in afternoon shift which was fine cus others that worked during the day had seniority but when the new people started coming I still had to work some night shifts I still had these sacrifices, they didn’t consider training the new people because management felt oh we already have a trained person with this shift but when I was started management wanted me trained so it was unfair the day I left there I was happy happy happy no more serving customers no more unexpected sacrifices I’m glad it’s put behind me

no fun but stressful

bad , people are mean, watch each other, report to the manager, manager listens to the favourite, not a good place to work. Talking behind, mean & cheap

Pros

pay lunch

Cons

Was good company to be apart of

Loved the co workers enjoyed my time a lot with them wouldnt mind working for that company again i love moving to new work location knowing i will be able to meet new and awesome co workers like sodexo

Awful place during any future pandemic.

The management hires new people and doesn't train the new people efficiently they say"good work" but they don't really mean it. The pandemic taught me that if you work for this company you are at the bottom of the barrel delivering food to covid patients they give you stupid talks on safety that you already aware of. How about taking care of your workers first and making sure their safety is in place. Their motto is so hypocritical.

Environnement travail

Très bonne équipe à travailler avec ,très désoler de devoir partir ( fin de contrat) !! Vous allez me manquer !!

Peaceful workspace

The people help each other and treat each other like family. Our manager is very caring and helpful. Useful Benefits. Closing and depositing the money is one of my favorite part of the job.

No support or transparency

General managers who are shady. An HR department that will call you a liar and botch "investigations". Low pay scale for scope of work required. Little to no support when needed. People in supervisory rolls that have no idea what they are doing or how to deal with clients. No value in their employees. Expects employees to be "ambassadors" yet don't follow the same guidelines. Overall just avoid this company. The only reason to stick around is the assistant GM, at least one person that tried to show employees were valued.

Toxic Work Environment

I would never work for Sodexo again. They are rude, condescending, and do not care about their employees and it is obvious by their turn over rate. People don't leave jobs they leave improper management!

Nvt

Ik heb spijt dat ik er was ben blij dat ik ergens anders wel gewaardeerd word

Stressful, bad management

Work is good, management is terrible. Supervisors(weekdays) don’t care about you or don’t like helping. They constantly change your area. Force you to learn on your own once your training is done. They trick you into cleaning high risk rooms or areas of the hospital without telling you what they really are. They place doesn’t even deserve a star.

Learned new things and met nice people

I would have enjoyed continuing my career with sodexo. But the camp was closing and lack of work caused the separation. Would recommend if you can get on with this company.

Pros

Paid housing, and food, travel allowance.

Cons

Schedule changes

stressful and toxic place

the workplace and management is disorganize, too much drama and very political. this company should be check by the labor of canada, the camp is located in kitimat and project of LNG and jfjv flour. the clients are nice but the catering of sodexo is too much stressful, there are a lot of staff quit already.

Fine

Needs better management and better training. Shouldn't be so understaffed. Hard to get hours when you're new but eventually you're offered a shift nearly every day. Ive been underpaid on three checks now so that's the worst part.

Pros

Free Uniform

Cons

Not amazing training, underpaid

Very Negative Atmosphere

Very unprofessional and prejudice employer. Pay is not enough for what your expected to do. No flexibility. I don't recommend working for this company.

Do not recommend

This place will drive you nuts. Managment is disorganized. The union protects lazy workers. Will promise alot and do not follow through. Pay was ok but could be better

Productive and fun

It’s been productive. But you don’t get to advance your culinary repertoire. No body wants to improve upon things. Its not a place for you if you’re on your younger parts of your career

Pros

Easy task

Cons

No advancements

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement