Sodexo

Sodexo Employee Reviews

You are very busy lots to learn but can be stressful when you get lack of support from the manager you report too and it take forever to get any answers
Pros
Being yourself if you have support
Cons
Overworked frontline staff
Politicized atmosphere. You know somebody you are fine, if you don't know anybody then slog it out. Different rules for managers. Some work a fantastic schedule ( remote sites ) and some have to work a different rotation. No fairness at all. You have to work with General Managers who can barely even speak English and were directly made General Managers at Sodexo from grocery store managers. All because they knew some corporate managers. They have no clue about hospitality.
Pros
Free travel
Cons
Long hours, political, poor pay & benefits, terrible corporate management with no support.
This was the worst company I ever worked for but I should of known that when the lady called and hired me without asking me any questions. So I started and it seemed okay, although it took forever for them to figure out a schedule for me and actually give it to me. I was placed at the injection site in London which was great and then I got sent to the hospital and was fired within 6 shifts, no explanation why, no warning, never even got audited for my cleaning, just handed a letter and was told ‚Äúgood luck‚ÄĚ It‚Äôs crazy to me how someone can work so hard somewhere and work whenever needed and over worked at that and they can‚Äôt even give people the time of day to tell them what they did or what they can approve on? The place is a joke. They also said probationary period is 75 days then the union lady tells me 120 days for part time staff, they seem to not tell staff the correct facts when starting the position or even offering them another position. It‚Äôs quiet sad actually. The managers are useless, never did I ever see one during my time of working but they had a reason to let me go? I would run far away from this place if you can.
Pros
Good Co Workers
Cons
Bad Management
Is a great place to work the people are great.bosses are great.food is great .enjoy working with the people .good hours good money .time off in summer.
Sexist and predatory. Seriously, is Donald Trump leading this company? Don't work there if you're a woman. Just don't. Would say more, but I am unfortunately ‚ú® not allowed ‚ú® to.
Pros
Free food if you're a team leader
Cons
Awful management, misogynistic culture
i learn everyday at work. working here is makes me motivated and i learn to work more safe and the most part that i see it here in this work is feels family . I enjoy workibg at this place , i meet new friends and fun.
Pros
i am thankful that they also think of us.
Cons
long hours of work but works good.
Short staffed constantly, we need more people. Most supervisors are awesome, except one who is pretty much just an adult blly and r@cist. Many good and kind staff but 80% of them are slackers. If you don't kiss their butt and bend over backwards you likely won't last too long with them. Right now they're just hiring "wipers" on a temp basis and will fire them all come spring time. We need ACTUAL staff and not wipers. If you need a job it's a decent place to work but not something you want to do for the rest of your life.The review won't let me leave an honest review so I've had to censor it.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Too many to list.
This would be a great job if it wasnt for some of the management. Very poor work life balance they always ask more from you without giving anything back. Have yet to see respect from management to any employee unless you are friends The supervisors and managment do not care about the problems or concerns of employees. Your basically on your own and your job is great as long as you shut your mouth. Managemnt couldnt even wish their employees Mery Christmas!!!! How sad!!!!!!
Pros
Some great employees but more drama than anything
Cons
Managemnt need major improvement
I think experience will differ for each location. A lot of the times it is the people that you work with that creates a toxic environment. However, Sodexo at Deloitte Toronto was the Crem de la Crem of Jobs.
Pros
Free lunches, benefits, great network
Cons
You may work on Sundays.... but is that really a con?
I learned a lot in the company of co workers.Really good experience working such a good company. It was hard for me to leave that city but due to some family reason I moved from Toronto and left that job.Thank you
Overall best job I’ve ever had. So much versatility in opportunities and experienced, it’s actually endless. I worked in the resource department in an isolated camp and the people and land were absolutely beautiful, interesting dynamic
The Keeyask Generator Project site (Northern MB) was very poorly Sodexo managed. Most dept's were over run with a hypocritical management style with unprofessional mannerisms uncorrected when brought to the General Managers/Regional Directors attention. Food Services were the worst. Biased, favoritism, unprofessional etiquette and very demeaning Executive Chef/Sous Chef/Food Production Chefs. Resulting in high turnover and various harassing incidents unaccounted for. Not dealt with Professionally. Thorn in Sodexo's reputation. An embarrassment to be associated with.
Pros
$ was good but not worth the grief encountered.
Cons
Unprofessionalism
The managers not working with you to resolve the issus. They way they deal with some problem making more hard to be a supervisor. They empower the cleaners to over the supervisor. They don't making a real job supervisor appreciation as a part of managment of work place.
Pros
They have very good industrial knowlegs
Cons
Poor communication
Work environment not good change job duties anytime to much work no extra help on extra work not feeling happy working with sodexo some time you feel to much pressure
Drank the cool aid, was great at first, then let go with no cause like past people in the same role - revolving door of management from all departments Better off not making waves or doing your actual job as senior management will deny conversations happen. Direct manager has no control of staffing
Pros
" Courses" offered in their website, few good peer managers
Cons
Termination witbout cause, expectations of doing longer hours than contracted and nothing in lieu of
Amazing company and colleagues. Everyone has a work hard, play hard mentality. The work is always being done but everyone maintains a positive and personable attitude. Leaders are also very supportive and ensure you are set up for success when first joining.
Overall l found working for Sodexo a positive experience, the management was friendly and supportive. I feel like they could improve their training on the job and listen to feed back from staff with regard to improvements . I would recommend working for this company.
Pros
Good pay. Supportive management
Cons
Limited hours available.
Terrible place to work! was told every other weekend off! Then put you in for 4 ! switch your shifts without telling you ! Wouldn’t allow shifts to be switched unless it was something they needed from you. Worked 2 months at covid assessment center one employee put in complaint we stayed out of it no investigation nothing came in and walked him and 3 of out very unfair situation if your not butt kissing your gone after putting your life on the line through COVID
Pros
Wage
Cons
Terrible shifts, talking rudely to u unless you can pick up
Le travail d équipe super le superviseur super g appris énormément le travail au service à clientèle
Pros
Belle horraire
Cons
Trop tranquille
It is the best company that I worked they are amazing, provides everything to grow in your career, coaching provide me with online courses to grow in my fields Amazing company, I wish to back to the company
Pros
Great Job
The workplace is a complete gong show, the team leader kept us waiting in the lobby for so long management had to call her. They lie right to your face and do nothing about it. They do not care about your mental health or well being. They expect you to just focus on the needs of the hospital. Overall not looking forward to my second day tomorrow.
Pros
Money is decent
Cons
Don’t know where to start.
  1. Employee reviews