Sodexo Canada Employee Review

View all Sodexo Canada reviews

Great pay with helpful co-workers.
Steward (Current Employee) –  Hibernia oil Platform15 January 2014
A typical day starts at 5:45 am. I am responsible for cleaning offices and break rooms on the Hibernia Oil Platform. Sweeping and mopping floors as well as taking out the garbage/recycling. In addition I also wash and maintain locker rooms, washrooms and staff accommodations. Restocking food and supplies in break rooms is also an important task to be done.
It is a good job, as you are kept busy and there is always something to do.
Pros
Pay and time off.
Cons
Lack of work.

Other Sodexo Canada Employee Reviews

Fun place too work
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Gillam, MB21 May 2018
Always had a good team too work with in the maintenance department, got along great with my co- workers great environment. I would recommend it too any one who is willing to work in a remote site setting.
Pros
Great accommodations
Cons
It was a short-lived experience
Food Prep /Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON18 May 2018
I enjoyed the time I was able to work with Sodexo. Unfortunately, due to such a high number of employees and service speed. Training was rushed through and I was provided minimal guidance, which was nerve racking for me as I had never been in the food industry before. I felt beside myself. I asked how my work was and if there was any way I could improve. My manager said "no", that I was "doing a great job". The only reason I had started to doubt myself is because a fellow co-worker who was employed at the same time as I was, was let go of their duties. So I went to my manager to see if there was anything I needed to work on. She lied to me. Becuse the very next day I was asked to come in early and received the same letter the former employee i mentioned earlier did, except this time it had my name. I was heartbroken because I truly loved the atmosphere and was really trying my hardest. But what hurt the most is that the one person I'm supposed to be able to rely on and trust in the work field, A.k.a . my manager, decided to be dishonest with me the day before being let go. So many questions went through my head, like, 'why didn't they just fire me when I ask the the evening before if i'm doing ok?", "Was it even something i did?" and "how well recited they were when I walked into their office and recieved their "copy and paste letter".
Pros
free milk
Cons
minimal training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo Canada. Our community is ready to answer.