Sodexo Canada Employee Review

View all Sodexo Canada reviews

A productive workplace with friendly coworkers.
Salad bar prep (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 September 2013
There's a lot to do on an average day. Always something to do. Never bored. I learned how to make various salads. Example ceaser salad, Greek salad and others. Prepared salads for catering orders. Co-workers were knowledgable and friendly. The most enjoyable part of working at Sodexo was learning new things.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Always busy

Other Sodexo Canada Employee Reviews

It was a short-lived experience
Food Prep /Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON18 May 2018
I enjoyed the time I was able to work with Sodexo. Unfortunately, due to such a high number of employees and service speed. Training was rushed through and I was provided minimal guidance, which was nerve racking for me as I had never been in the food industry before. I felt beside myself. I asked how my work was and if there was any way I could improve. My manager said "no", that I was "doing a great job". The only reason I had started to doubt myself is because a fellow co-worker who was employed at the same time as I was, was let go of their duties. So I went to my manager to see if there was anything I needed to work on. She lied to me. Becuse the very next day I was asked to come in early and received the same letter the former employee i mentioned earlier did, except this time it had my name. I was heartbroken because I truly loved the atmosphere and was really trying my hardest. But what hurt the most is that the one person I'm supposed to be able to rely on and trust in the work field, A.k.a . my manager, decided to be dishonest with me the day before being let go. So many questions went through my head, like, 'why didn't they just fire me when I ask the the evening before if i'm doing ok?", "Was it even something i did?" and "how well recited they were when I walked into their office and recieved their "copy and paste letter".
Pros
free milk
Cons
minimal training
Exciting company to work for, if you work hard there are many roles to advance to.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 April 2018
Leaving Sodexo was a very hard decision and I would work for them again if the chance were to arise. The culture and beliefs at Sodexo are something above and beyond what you would expect.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo Canada. Our community is ready to answer.