Sodexo Canada Employee Reviews

productive and fun to work with
Food Service Workercate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2019
co workers were great
maternity benefits
close to home
good management
Pros
Paid sick days, free lunch, full benefits
Cons
closed down account
Company that doesn't keep their promises
Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2019
You will do your everything for them and they will promise you an increase which they will never give you. Afterwards, you will ask for reference from your manager and won't even get a response.
Pros
Lunch for cheap
Great work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON21 January 2019
I always loved working at Fanshawe College R3esidence as a part of Sodexo team. It is lot of hands on job with multitasking work environment. We also have monthly training as a part of continue learning process.
A good place to work and in town
Custodian/Janitor (Current Employee) –  UNBC8 December 2018
I loved my job, I was assigned to a specific building that I could look after. I was able to adjust my cleaning items to balance out my week. I worked the afternoon shift. There was lots to do and I would have like to be paid more to do the job. but I loved the hours it was full-time and I receive great dental benefits.

The supervisors were a little picky at times but I found the manager to be fair and would always listen to what I had to say.

some staff joke around a little too much but are a good group of people. I would recommend working for Sodexo
Pros
Great People to work with
Cons
you have to pay for parking
Pourrait être meilleur
Gestionnaire Marketing (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC6 November 2018
Beau bureau, peu de formation offerte et patrons exigeants.
Pros
Repas gratuits
Cons
travailler sous pression
Productive and fun
Second Cook (Former Employee) –  Gillam, MB31 October 2018
worked away from home for 21 days and was home for 7 days. Awesome wages, wonderful work environment. Worked as a cook and prepped dinner and served to the workers at the camp. Only left because the job was done.
Helping the community
Lead Hand (Current Employee) –  London, ON29 October 2018
Have successfully completed 15 years service in the Industry. Rewards are given at 5 year Intervals and have been given a few opportunities to travel throughout the country and work at various sites
Pros
Rewards system for service
Cons
Need more staff
Dépassement, belles valeurs et avantages sociaux
Gestionnaire (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 October 2018
J'y travaille depuis plusieurs années. Très belle compagnie pour apprendre et se dépasser. Cette compagnie a de très belles valeurs au niveau de la diversité et de l'inclusion et elle offre des très bons avantages sociaux et un bel équilibre travail-famille.
Pros
Belles valeurs
Belle compagnie
Aide-alimentaire (Current Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC9 October 2018
J'adore travailler à cette endroit. On travaille fort mais c'est valorisant. De plus, il y a de beaux avantages sociaux que je n'ai pas trouvé ailleurs.
Pros
Repas gratuits, avantages sociaux
Housekeeping Position
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC2 October 2018
I worked here for a short time. I never have experienced such a hostile work environment. The staff were so caught up in drama it was hard to have a good work day always something going on. The boss was just awful talks so large about advancement but always shot down opportunities. The negative atmosphere was so hard to work in given that the work load was already crazy as it is. The place was understaffed and people are over worked for the amount of pay. If you apply as casual expect to be called EVERY single day and be expected to show up. There is no room for family or a life. Upon the staff treating you like garbage the nurses do as well. Over all I’ve just never worked in such a depressing work environment I feel sorry for how that establishment has become. This is not a place I’d recommend for anyone.
a great team
Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 September 2018
Great management team very considerate think of staff safety and the way forward. Always courteous. Never stop at putting their staff in priority. Good company
productive and fun workplace with casual culture
service and management (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC5 September 2018
it's a good job for people who are interested in food services and cooking. nice manager and supervisor. nice payment higher than the minimum payment.
Sodexo Canada was a wonderful place to work and I found co-workers to be very supportive of each other.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT/OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 August 2018
Sodexo Canada is very conscious of what is important in today's workplace. They stress inclusion, diverse backgrounds and above all are fair to both men and women.
Pros
I could always ask for help and get that help.
Cons
I often worked alone.
No fun awful place to work
Supervisorr (Former Employee) –  London, ON22 August 2018
Would not advise anyone to work for this company. They are very rude when they speak to you and have no respect for their employees. Human Resources is no help.
Pros
No pros
Cons
make you work short staffed because they don't hire enough staff
Everyone is expendable, no new ideas wanted.
Health & Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  northern Manitoba Hydro dam project7 August 2018
A typical camp life company that does not want to embrace any change or new ideas. Management is narrow-minded and not open to ideas. Everyone is expendable and can be removed at any instant even if there is no transportation home.

It was basically a CYA environment.
Great Place To Work
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Gillam, MB1 August 2018
Only reason I am looking is it is soon time to get back to real life. Remote work is great pays well and you meet lots of wonderful people. I want to be home with my lady and enjoy life together.
Weak insufficient
Chef (Former Employee) –  Lennoxville, QC22 June 2018
It’s is an alright place to work it’s just the management is so bad that it makes it so hard to stay. They don’t really care about anything other then themselves and
Money no on will ever go out of there way to help.
Pros
Cons
Terrible manager
Hard work small pay
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 June 2018
Minimal training
Hard work
After training only weekend shifts 15hrs/week
Showed up for my shift and was let go with no reason
I was never called out on anything, got along with everyone and worked my butt off. Go figure and I liked the job. Can't pay bills on that money anyhow.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Hard work small wages no thanks
long days and dedicated with a beautiful view over the lake...
General Helper (Former Employee) –  Bissett, MB11 June 2018
a typical day at work was long 10 hours days, the workplace culture was a mine site; there's not really much to enjoy but the end of the week an the money...
Pros
pro's were good; free breakfest, lunch and supper... aswhile internet, recentre and a bar around the corner...
Cons
long 12 hour day and 3 weeks outta the month...
General Helper (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK6 June 2018
Its a great place to work, for those who like food services and want them with military standards applyed. Requireing, one to act on getting work and approve it, with appropriate paperwork made up, for workers to follow. Others, are required to consault with paperwork approved moment to moment, work fast and efficiently with others to fill orders, by requested time stamp.
Pros
Money and benefits of average pay.
Cons
Millitary standard quality of work required.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo Canada. Our community is ready to answer.