Sodexo Canada Employee Reviews

Weak insufficient
Chef (Former Employee) –  Lennoxville, QC22 June 2018
It’s is an alright place to work it’s just the management is so bad that it makes it so hard to stay. They don’t really care about anything other then themselves and
Money no on will ever go out of there way to help.
Pros
Cons
Terrible manager
Hard work small pay
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 June 2018
Minimal training
Hard work
After training only weekend shifts 15hrs/week
Showed up for my shift and was let go with no reason
I was never called out on anything, got along with everyone and worked my butt off. Go figure and I liked the job. Can't pay bills on that money anyhow.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Hard work small wages no thanks
long days and dedicated with a beautiful view over the lake...
General Helper (Former Employee) –  Bissett, MB11 June 2018
a typical day at work was long 10 hours days, the workplace culture was a mine site; there's not really much to enjoy but the end of the week an the money...
Pros
pro's were good; free breakfest, lunch and supper... aswhile internet, recentre and a bar around the corner...
Cons
long 12 hour day and 3 weeks outta the month...
Dietary Aide (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 May 2018
I currently work at VCH, I don’t let those Philippines take control. Just stick to your job. We need more people with different Culture, that be nice!
good place
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC23 May 2018
been there for 7 years and have had a good time. the staff and boss are fun friendly and hardworking easy to get along with. not only does it come with perks but the environment is a safe secure place to work and the staff from other departments have been extremely good.
Pros
safe fun
want more hours . they dont have.
driver catering (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON23 May 2018
Good employees union. Not good managment as queens is more in charge then sodexo it self.not good at seniority. They are people who look for anything to wroylte u up. Also good employees.
Pros
union
Cons
really strict play favorites
Fun place too work
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Gillam, MB21 May 2018
Always had a good team too work with in the maintenance department, got along great with my co- workers great environment. I would recommend it too any one who is willing to work in a remote site setting.
Pros
Great accommodations
Cons
It was a short-lived experience
Food Prep /Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON18 May 2018
I enjoyed the time I was able to work with Sodexo. Unfortunately, due to such a high number of employees and service speed. Training was rushed through and I was provided minimal guidance, which was nerve racking for me as I had never been in the food industry before. I felt beside myself. I asked how my work was and if there was any way I could improve. My manager said "no", that I was "doing a great job". The only reason I had started to doubt myself is because a fellow co-worker who was employed at the same time as I was, was let go of their duties. So I went to my manager to see if there was anything I needed to work on. She lied to me. Becuse the very next day I was asked to come in early and received the same letter the former employee i mentioned earlier did, except this time it had my name. I was heartbroken because I truly loved the atmosphere and was really trying my hardest. But what hurt the most is that the one person I'm supposed to be able to rely on and trust in the work field, A.k.a . my manager, decided to be dishonest with me the day before being let go. So many questions went through my head, like, 'why didn't they just fire me when I ask the the evening before if i'm doing ok?", "Was it even something i did?" and "how well recited they were when I walked into their office and recieved their "copy and paste letter".
Pros
free milk
Cons
minimal training
Exciting company to work for, if you work hard there are many roles to advance to.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 April 2018
Leaving Sodexo was a very hard decision and I would work for them again if the chance were to arise. The culture and beliefs at Sodexo are something above and beyond what you would expect.
The employees are amazing to work with
Custodian/ St Michael's University (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC9 April 2018
Bad pay management is horrible they let personal details to other employees manager harasses employees too much drama not worth your time there better out there
Pros
You work with a great team with your other employees
Cons
Horrible management poor salary
Good place to work.
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON21 March 2018
Sodexo is a good company overall. The senior leadership was over-worked and did not have the staff to complete the work at hand. Labor was always a major concern and management did not always get the needed resources needed for projects.
Pros
Free food.
Cons
Lack of support from upper management.
Fast paced, committed environment
General Cafe (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON20 March 2018
With 5 years experience I can confidently say this company requires pure dedication. Competitive wages and availability to any schedule add temptation
Pros
Faced paced environment, competitive wages, seniority, unionized
Cons
Management is not unionized, they need help. Employees pick up the slack and get no recognition.
Friendly and fun
Housekeeping Leadhand (Current Employee) –  Fort Frances, ON14 March 2018
My work experience her at Sodexo and working with the employees and employers are always a joy and always a great work environment here. Working as leadhand and working with the housekeeping staff and janitors is a pleasure and rewarding at times.
Flexible work hours and friendly work space
Part time worker (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB28 February 2018
Being a student at the university, it is easy to work with Sodexo as I work with the other students only. Also they host a number of events like catering during events at the SUB or work at concession during games like hockey or basketball.
Overall the job is what u make of it
Housekeeper/Cleaner (Current Employee) –  London, ON22 February 2018
I would say that the best thing about working here is learning good work ethics and being a team player. The benefits are not bad but alot of people are easy to criticize the company for many reasons.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Too much of a workload
Best Company that I have ever worked for.
First Cook (Former Employee) –  Gillam, MB13 February 2018
I crave structure, organization and policy. This company has it all. Management is always supportive and willing to collaborate. Freedom to be creative is always allowed.
Interviewed Me For The Wrong Position
Custodial Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 February 2018
I got an email from the environmental services for a Custodial Supervisor position at Victoria Hospital.
I was so Excited and prepared for two days for it.
When I had the interview, it ended up being an Interview for a Housekeeper position.. What a disappointment and a waste of time.
Cons
Interview for the wrong position
Worst company to work for.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB1 February 2018
The manager is a womanizer and the supervisor is always grumpy and annoying. They both don't deserve to be in that position. This company abuses its workers both mentally and physically
Pros
no Pros
Cons
Grumpy and annoying management
Summer Employment
Physical Plant (Former Employee) –  Wolfville, NS29 January 2018
First summer in Canada, even not being in my field of study, was a great opportunity to learn hard work. Doing all kind of outside job, was an amazing place to work during the summer
Deceptive company
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 December 2017
I was hired on with a group of 9 other people as full time employees with a great benefits package. When we all came to our orientation, we were informed that we would only be hired as part time employees, and that if we weren’t happy with that - then to just go home. They also made it very clear that they can fire us at any time during our probationary period with no valid reason, which made everyone feel that there was no job security here. One of the managers even went as far to say “If I felt like firing you right now just because; I could.” Everyone was fine with that, until the next day it became aware that we were now actually CASUAL employees. So from being promised full time opportunities with benefits, we went to a casual position with nothing. The managers also lied about the location of the job site - they informed everyone that there was one location that we would be working for, however when we started we were informed there were another 4 locations that we may work for but wouldn’t know until we were scheduled for it, which was a total inconvenience to those who did not have reliabile transportation and lived close to the original job site. The company did also not supply efficient training for the job - we spent many days in class talking but only half an hour actually learning about what to do on the job. Totally unimpressed as I was so excited to work for this company and one thing happened after another to make me never want to go back there.
Pros
Competitive wages
Cons
No hours, lied to employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sodexo Canada. Our community is ready to answer.