Sobeys Employee Review

Busy workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 December 2013
As a cashier at the front end of the store the job required that I be efficient and keep a positive attitude throughout the day, which proved to be difficult at times. I got to work with fun people for the most part. The hardest part of the job was having to deal with grumpy customers, but I knew that this was only a part-time job to get me through high school.

Other Sobeys Employee Reviews

Sobeys
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario24 May 2018
Each store manager is going to run things differently. They really have the power to make the work enjoyable, however they also have to the power to achieve the opposite. I have worked great store managers that encouraged development and supported a engaged workforce, However, I have also worked for Managers that ruled with an iron first and were very inapproachable. Overall it is good company to work for, however there is not much room for growth and advancement in the stores unless you are in the city.
Pros
Free lunches and snacks
Cons
must work late evenings and weekends
Great
Floral Clerk (Current Employee) –  Simcoe, ON24 May 2018
Friendly staff and reasonable exceptions for employees. Each department is like its own family and all departments are very close as well. Love it would recommend to anyone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sobeys. Our community is ready to answer.