So Sweet Employee Review

Fun workplace - horrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC9 May 2019
When working for this company the negatives outweigh the positives. You'll love your fellow coworkers as they're all great, friendly & fun people but unfortunately, you'll hardly see them as there's only one person scheduled to be in the store working at a time.

When it comes to their scheduling - you're either being forced to work way too much over time, and if you refuse they give you hardly any hours. When I worked for the company they had me opening and closing the store - being the only one on shift, for multiple days in a row.

When summer hits they expect you to be working 40+ hours a week.
If they only schedule you one day off for the week - and your co worker phones in sick, you are expected to come in,(which i thought was ridiculous.)
Pros
Great staff, paid lunches, free bulk candy
Cons
long hours, horrible management, no positive feedback

Other So Sweet Employee Reviews

Never work here.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC25 November 2019
I got this job as a full-time job for the summer. I got hired almost 24 hours after the interview, I was so excited to get started. I was trained very briefly, I wasn't confident in being able to preform, but I was still made to go on shift alone. I had been hired for full-time, yet a month in, I still didn't get any hours above part-time. I received full-time after pestering for weeks, which only lasted a couple of days before my hours took a nose dive. I didn't understand what was going on and no one would explain it to me, nor give me a reason for the decline in hours. Soon, my part-time coworkers were receiving more hours than I, a full-time employee. I was yelled at repeatedly, spied on through the cameras, and subjected mind games. I was then given only one day a week before I finally gave in and prepared my resignation only to be fired over text by the owner. I asked why I was being dismissed, only to receive not a peep in return. I have never been so disrespected and insulted in a place of employment in my entire life. I would recommend staying far far away from any So Sweet store or any establishment owned by the same guy.
Do not work here!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC30 May 2019
The owner of so sweet is one of the worst people you will ever work for. He doesn't care about his employees at all and will threaten to take you off the schedule for any mistake (such as forgetting to hand out a free sample or not greeting a customer). The coworkers are usually awesome to work with though and you do get paid above minimum wage but it's not worth it to work for such a tyrant.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Owner