Snuggle Bugz

Snuggle Bugz Employee Reviews

I love working for this company, I do think for the work we do our wedge should be a little higher due to the product knowledge we need to know, as this is a baby boutique store that specializes in strollers, car seats and other mother and baby necessities for the first year of life.
This company doesn’t care for its retail workers at all. They promise advancement and it never happens. Unless you are young, WHITE and kiss up to everyone then they may consider you for a higher position. Retail is the face of this company and we get under paid to do all the work in the end. Owner sends out weekly videos about how much money he makes to not bring back all the staff and have stores shut down for awhile. If you want to not be cared for and not be appreciated then this is the place for you!
Pros
Management, Store Environment, Retail Workers and Team
Cons
Absolutely Everything Else
Great place to work if you wanna work for Donald Trump. The harder you work you get nowhere. The warehouse is treated like secondary citizens while the front office reaps all the benefits. Favoritism is the only way you get ahead not hard work.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Favoritsm
I enjoyed working here very much. It was fast paced and lots of mommies and parents to be .... being a mom myself it was fun to help new parents in finding the right items for their new bundles of joy, or helping friends and family find great gifts .. great work family ...
Pros
Friendly staff, awesome returning customers
Cons
N/a
need more people. people leave no one replaced. to much work not enough people LOTS of stairs! people treated different in office warehouse treated like slaves
This place is just a horrible place to work. The word toxic comes to mind. The head office pays little attention to the stores. The owner is the most selfish person. I hated working here. Every time the owner came to the store I felt sick.
I worked for the company for quite awhile and saw how horrible this place really is. Not only is the company bleeding out money like crazy, but the structure of the company is an absolute joke. The owner is convinced he is the best thing to grace the business world but in reality he needs to step down and either sell this sinking ship, or let someone else manage it. Staff are poorly paid, no room for advancement, and while everyone in the office has cake and fun days, the staff in stores bust their butts and get nothing. No morale, no incentives. Managers get a raise? NO. Doesn't matter if you spend 50 hours a week to keep the store going, no raise, no thank you... nothing. Stay away from this place. You will end up hating it so badly and hate everything about head office. They hired someone to help with the issues that staff are facing... to help boost morale, but she has no credentials and just made the stores pay for and make their own pancakes... she is the owners puppet. It is frustrating that wages are low, but the company has enough money to keep this employee... absolutely insane.
This business is in big trouble and unless the "Executive Team" wakes up and makes some changes they are going to continue to hemorrhage skilled, competent employees. The atmosphere in the office is horribly toxic and negative- people are largely overworked and SIGNIFICANTLY underpaid. Management and owner seem to believe the key to solving morale issues is Facebook groups, pancake breakfasts and Friday cakes. In actuality, what staff are desperate for is better pay, more job security, more transparency, better training, and for goodness sake: hire more people instead of having every department stretched so thin they are close to breaking points. Owner seems to be under the delusion that if you ignore the problems and try to promote positivity suddenly everything will change. There is nobody to talk to about grievances, nobody to go to when you need help. Executive management in that company is turning a blind eye to what anyone needs to be happy and fulfilled at work. I would love to give a better review of this company but there are so many issues right now that it would be next to impossible for me to recommend that anyone work there.
This place is a mess. Stop opening new stores and focus on the ones you have. Everyone at head office seems to either quit or be fired because the pay is low and the owner expects everyone to work hard for low pay
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Snuggle Bugz?
I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy. Management is selfish and lazy & head office is EXTREMELY lazy I witnessed so much questionable behavior go on and not one person was ever reprimanded, but they would overwork and were so inconsiderate to the people that actually worked with drive.
A great job for anyone who wants to learn on their feet with a supportive team behind them. Unlike most retail/customer service jobs you're always learning new things which keeps it interesting! The management is amazing, nicest people I've ever worked for and they are super understanding/supportive. Your co-workers will be so much fun to work with, super kind and helpful if you have any questions. Best of all you'll see soooo many cute babies come in and out of the store! Unfortunately I didn't get to stay on for as long as I would have liked because I got the opportunity to work closer to my field but I had such a great experience!
Pros
Good Management/co-workers, fun atmosphere
Cons
Baby fever is high with so many cute babies around!
So much favoritism not just in store but from head office.....awful place to work....if you don’t fit in to their “clique” then you can never do anything right, they will push you to quit or get fired .....this is not just in store but extending to head office....it’s awful....I felt like I was 16 dealing with “Mean Girls”....absolutely ridiculous there
Working at Snuggle Bugz started off as my Part Time " fun job", I quickly fell in love with the philosophies of the company and customers who I had the pleasure of interacting with! This isn't a normal retail job, you are making a difference in people's lives. I would have women come in who were looking for help and guidance, and I was able to help them, make them feel better by educating them and helping them choose the right products for themselves and they families. They would leave feeling confident, and happy and would come back in to tell what a wonderful experience they had shopping with us! I wanted to work with a company who would understand and appreciate that I had a family too, and I wanted to make both things work. Snuggle Bugz offered me hours that would work with my kids school schedules so I could really do both without feeling like I was letting anyone down! The hours of the stores are very reasonable so even if you work on evening and weekends you are left with ample time to spend with your family. I only wish this store was around when I had my kids, there is real value in what this company is doing and I'm so glad I got to be apart of it. * I only left because we moved to an area that dosn't have a snuggle bugz close to it
This job is not what you think! They will treat you like you honestly don’t mean anything to you, will change your shifts when you tell them you are coming in, you can’t do anything right without them breathing down your neck it so bad, the whole store can’t handle change the ladies they have straight out make you feel horrible to point you don’t even know if you are doing the right thing anymore!
Snuggle Bugz is a great company to work for. As a medium sized company, it is small enough to be agile and make things happen quickly, but big enough to have the resources to accomplish great goals. The Snuggle Bugz office environment is really positive, with great teamwork and relationships. I personally enjoy coming to work every morning and love my job.
A great place to work with lots of great people to meet both staff and customers alike. The whole team is very supportive and there is lots of opportunities to learn and grow.
Stay away. This company has never made me feel more under appreciated, under paid and taken advantage of. If you don’t make it into the managements clique good luck. They won’t even mutter a hello let alone make you feel apart of. The turn over should scream issues. Area managers are were utterly useless and got paid to sit in Starbucks. Director fired and not replaced for months. Veterans of the company didn’t even recognize who they worked for anymore. Owners oblivious and greedy. Job responsibilities changed and grew on a weekly basis while your pay stays the same. I watched this company’s integrity slip from underneath it and for people who speak to all these values they were beyond hypocritical. It was a Horrible 3 year journey.
Pros
Store hours
Cons
Read below
I worked here for almost 2 years, and the place changed dramatically. They wanted to be a "family" company, not be corporate, but still grow quickly to compete with that other baby store. They expect people to take responsibility for things they didn't do, they punish people for asking too many questions, they expect people to do way more work than they are paid to do, they can't keep management in any of their stores, their processes change almost daily and then head office gets mad when you do things the old way because they didn't tell you it changed.The owner is so detached and has no idea what's going on anymore. They hire the wrong people and let the good ones go. They expect you to know everything in your first week, even though the cash system takes at least a month to understand. The customers are so entitled and take attitude with anyone who won't do what they want.
I worked for Snuggle Bugz from 2016 to 2018. The way Snuggle Bugz operates is totally different than alot of companies. In 2017 the owner of Snuggle Bugz and the executive team rolled out a new entrepreneurial operating system that completely changed how the company is run. If you want to succeed at Snuggle Bugz, show them what you can do! It's as simple as that. Actions speak louder than words, right? Working at Snuggle Bugz was very different from what I was used to in my past careers. I can promise you, it won't be anything like what you expect - Here's a great example. No one has offices. Not even the owner. The office is a team environment. If you have a question for the owner, ask it! He even holds very regular AMA (ask me anything) sessions open to any employee who wants to take part where you can ask him any questions you have. If you want to expand your knowledge base, get involved in Snuggle Bugz University (SBU) courses! The executive team runs workshops about everything from how to budget your personal finances to emotional intelligence. Guarantee you'll learn something you didn't know before. I was involved in a number of them. I worked on the web team for Snuggle Bugz, supporting all of our web properties behind the scenes. I put my nose to the grindstone, showed them the value I could bring to the company and regularly got feedback and recognition which helped me to further my career with Snuggle Bugz. You even get to have 1 on 1 meetings with your manager on a bi-weekly basis to talk about anything you want - a problem you're stuck on, career - more...
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Culture, Career Growth, Relationship Building
Cons
Not enough timbits on Tim's runs.
This company is very toxic. Most of the employes are in there own little group. If you don't fit in they will drive you to quit or get you fired. The management chooses their favourites. So you work hard while others stand or sit around chatting. Don't waste your time
Pros
A break
Cons
Environment
This place is an absolute joke! If you work hard you will get nowhere! Higher up picks favourites and allows them to do nothing all day. If you are a hard worker you are expected to everything by yourself while others literally sit around and eat. They can’t keep employees because it's run terribly. They fire people if they don’t like you for basically nothing. There is no raise system and benefits are minimal. This is the most dramatic place I have ever worked in my life. Everyone is 2 faced and will stab you in the back. Overall it’s not worth the 14.50 an hour. If you want to work hard while others do nothing then this is the place for you.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
The Drama