Snuggle Bugz Employee Reviews

Horrible Management
Former Employee (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON28 December 2019
I worked for the company for quite awhile and saw how horrible this place really is. Not only is the company bleeding out money like crazy, but the structure of the company is an absolute joke. The owner is convinced he is the best thing to grace the business world but in reality he needs to step down and either sell this sinking ship, or let someone else manage it. Staff are poorly paid, no room for advancement, and while everyone in the office has cake and fun days, the staff in stores bust their butts and get nothing. No morale, no incentives. Managers get a raise? NO. Doesn't matter if you spend 50 hours a week to keep the store going, no raise, no thank you... nothing. Stay away from this place. You will end up hating it so badly and hate everything about head office. They hired someone to help with the issues that staff are facing... to help boost morale, but she has no credentials and just made the stores pay for and make their own pancakes... she is the owners puppet. It is frustrating that wages are low, but the company has enough money to keep this employee... absolutely insane.
This Company Needs A Lot of Work
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON11 December 2019
This business is in big trouble and unless the "Executive Team" wakes up and makes some changes they are going to continue to hemorrhage skilled, competent employees. The atmosphere in the office is horribly toxic and negative- people are largely overworked and SIGNIFICANTLY underpaid. Management and owner seem to believe the key to solving morale issues is Facebook groups, pancake breakfasts and Friday cakes. In actuality, what staff are desperate for is better pay, more job security, more transparency, better training, and for goodness sake: hire more people instead of having every department stretched so thin they are close to breaking points.
Owner seems to be under the delusion that if you ignore the problems and try to promote positivity suddenly everything will change. There is nobody to talk to about grievances, nobody to go to when you need help. Executive management in that company is turning a blind eye to what anyone needs to be happy and fulfilled at work.

I would love to give a better review of this company but there are so many issues right now that it would be next to impossible for me to recommend that anyone work there.
Don't waste your time
Associate (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON26 November 2019
This place is a mess. Stop opening new stores and focus on the ones you have. Everyone at head office seems to either quit or be fired because the pay is low and the owner expects everyone to work hard for low pay
Management lacks integrity
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON20 October 2019
I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy. Management is selfish and lazy & head office is EXTREMELY lazy I witnessed so much questionable behavior go on and not one person was ever reprimanded, but they would overwork and were so inconsiderate to the people that actually worked with drive.
Great place to work!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON26 September 2019
A great job for anyone who wants to learn on their feet with a supportive team behind them. Unlike most retail/customer service jobs you're always learning new things which keeps it interesting! The management is amazing, nicest people I've ever worked for and they are super understanding/supportive.

Your co-workers will be so much fun to work with, super kind and helpful if you have any questions. Best of all you'll see soooo many cute babies come in and out of the store!

Unfortunately I didn't get to stay on for as long as I would have liked because I got the opportunity to work closer to my field but I had such a great experience!
Pros
Good Management/co-workers, fun atmosphere
Cons
Baby fever is high with so many cute babies around!
Worst place to work ever!!!!
Sale advisor (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC26 September 2019
So much favoritism not just in store but from head office.....awful place to work....if you don’t fit in to their “clique” then you can never do anything right, they will push you to quit or get fired .....this is not just in store but extending to head office....it’s awful....I felt like I was 16 dealing with “Mean Girls”....absolutely ridiculous there
Room to grow, and a company that cares!
Part time sales advisor (Former Employee) –  North York, ON5 September 2019
Working at Snuggle Bugz started off as my Part Time " fun job", I quickly fell in love with the philosophies of the company and customers who I had the pleasure of interacting with!

This isn't a normal retail job, you are making a difference in people's lives. I would have women come in who were looking for help and guidance, and I was able to help them, make them feel better by educating them and helping them choose the right products for themselves and they families.
They would leave feeling confident, and happy and would come back in to tell what a wonderful experience they had shopping with us!

I wanted to work with a company who would understand and appreciate that I had a family too, and I wanted to make both things work. Snuggle Bugz offered me hours that would work with my kids school schedules so I could really do both without feeling like I was letting anyone down! The hours of the stores are very reasonable so even if you work on evening and weekends you are left with ample time to spend with your family.

I only wish this store was around when I had my kids, there is real value in what this company is doing and I'm so glad I got to be apart of it.

* I only left because we moved to an area that dosn't have a snuggle bugz close to it
Not what you think
Senior Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC23 July 2019
This job is not what you think! They will treat you like you honestly don’t mean anything to you, will change your shifts when you tell them you are coming in, you can’t do anything right without them breathing down your neck it so bad, the whole store can’t handle change the ladies they have straight out make you feel horrible to point you don’t even know if you are doing the right thing anymore!
Great team to work with!
N/A (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON23 July 2019
Snuggle Bugz is a great company to work for. As a medium sized company, it is small enough to be agile and make things happen quickly, but big enough to have the resources to accomplish great goals. The Snuggle Bugz office environment is really positive, with great teamwork and relationships. I personally enjoy coming to work every morning and love my job.
Fun and supportive environment.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC25 June 2019
A great place to work with lots of great people to meet both staff and customers alike. The whole team is very supportive and there is lots of opportunities to learn and grow.
Don’t waste your time with this company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 February 2019
Stay away. This company has never made me feel more under appreciated, under paid and taken advantage of. If you don’t make it into the managements clique good luck. They won’t even mutter a hello let alone make you feel apart of. The turn over should scream issues. Area managers are were utterly useless and got paid to sit in Starbucks. Director fired and not replaced for months. Veterans of the company didn’t even recognize who they worked for anymore. Owners oblivious and greedy. Job responsibilities changed and grew on a weekly basis while your pay stays the same. I watched this company’s integrity slip from underneath it and for people who speak to all these values they were beyond hypocritical. It was a Horrible 3 year journey.
Pros
Store hours
Cons
Read below
Great Place to work!
Web Producer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON19 September 2018
I worked for Snuggle Bugz from 2016 to 2018. The way Snuggle Bugz operates is totally different than alot of companies. In 2017 the owner of Snuggle Bugz and the executive team rolled out a new entrepreneurial operating system that completely changed how the company is run.

If you want to succeed at Snuggle Bugz, show them what you can do! It's as simple as that. Actions speak louder than words, right?

Working at Snuggle Bugz was very different from what I was used to in my past careers. I can promise you, it won't be anything like what you expect - Here's a great example. No one has offices. Not even the owner. The office is a team environment.

If you have a question for the owner, ask it! He even holds very regular AMA (ask me anything) sessions open to any employee who wants to take part where you can ask him any questions you have.

If you want to expand your knowledge base, get involved in Snuggle Bugz University (SBU) courses! The executive team runs workshops about everything from how to budget your personal finances to emotional intelligence. Guarantee you'll learn something you didn't know before. I was involved in a number of them.

I worked on the web team for Snuggle Bugz, supporting all of our web properties behind the scenes. I put my nose to the grindstone, showed them the value I could bring to the company and regularly got feedback and recognition which helped me to further my career with Snuggle Bugz. You even get to have 1 on 1 meetings with your manager on a bi-weekly basis to talk about anything you want - a problem you're stuck on, career
  more... advancement planning, personal problems - you set the agenda.

Not a lot of companies promote this type of family oriented culture, enjoy it. It's rare.

I feel like I'm a walking poster child for Snuggle Bugz with this review, but I just felt it was important to note a few things, as reading through the other comments I can't help but notice that's its totally not like that, at least not anymore. Not from my perspective. Form your own opinion, seriously. You'll be pleasantly surprised.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Culture, Career Growth, Relationship Building
Cons
Not enough timbits on Tim's runs.
Toxic
Order picking (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON14 August 2018
This company is very toxic. Most of the employes are in there own little group. If you don't fit in they will drive you to quit or get you fired. The management chooses their favourites. So you work hard while others stand or sit around chatting. Don't waste your time
Pros
A break
Cons
Environment
Dont work here!!
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON14 August 2018
This place is an absolute joke! If you work hard you will get nowhere! Higher up picks favourites and allows them to do nothing all day. If you are a hard worker you are expected to everything by yourself while others literally sit around and eat. They can’t keep employees because it's run terribly. They fire people if they don’t like you for basically nothing. There is no raise system and benefits are minimal. This is the most dramatic place I have ever worked in my life. Everyone is 2 faced and will stab you in the back. Overall it’s not worth the 14.50 an hour. If you want to work hard while others do nothing then this is the place for you.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
The Drama
Fun environment to work in, benefits were not to great
Reciever (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON10 August 2018
Snuggle bugz was a good company to work for, enjoyed my time there while it lasted because of new opportunities.Employees were friendly and made you feel welcome everyday..
Pros
My colleagues
benefits
Great Place to Work
Talent & Culture Advisor (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON8 August 2018
Snuggle Bugz is a dynamic, growing company that employs truly amazing people. I am surrounded every day with such passionate, intelligent, hard working people - it is such a motivating atmosphere.

The thing that puts Snuggle Bugz above every other company I've worked for is the Culture. I love to come to work. Even in the most stressful situations, the people at Snuggle Bugz make it worth it.

Working on the Talent and Culture team has been the most satisfying experience for me. I truly believe that Snuggle Bugz is just going to get better and better as we continue to grow.
Pros
Great Culture, Motivating, Internal Growth
Cons
Salaries are low in comparison to Market Average
Fast-paced, enlightening
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario19 July 2018
The customer interactions make this job tolerable, there is always something new to be learned about the industry which keeps the general nature of the job fresh. Before applying, be prepared for a lot of unnecessary confusion from staff. It's very questionable if management knows exactly what they are doing and therefore a lot of responsibilities end up getting tossed around. You end up doing management duties as a sales advisor but with no pay advancement and then are penalized if you reject doing them. None the less this job was a great customer service experience.
Cons
underpaid, staff lacks accountability, no structure
A company that is growing too fast. Head office is always unorganized.
Sales Associate Keyholder (Current Employee) –  London11 February 2018
A young company that is growing too fast. Company ideas strategies are always changing which leaves employees on edge. Their directors, store manager are constantly changing which tends to leave their stores lost.

Their products are exceptional and their stores are beautiful and very attractive to young parents
Pros
Pay equity
Cons
Strategies, sceduling changes constantly
Love working here!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON12 December 2017
Because of the nature of the store (baby retail), the environment is very happy and upbeat! The staff all have each other's support when making sales; great relationships are made between the staff! The customers can feel this great environment as well and come back time and time again, creating relationships with the staff!
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Minimal sitting (if you can't stand for long amounts of time, wouldn't suggest working here)
Wonderful place to work
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON26 October 2017
I had the pleasure of working within the Snuggle Bugs family for three years. I enjoyed my job each day because I was able to work hands on with growing families and friends to make the right choices to fit their lifestyle. I loved being able to build relationships and interact with new and regular visitors. Snuggle Bugs carries such well researched and quality products that there is always something that you can suggest to anyone coming in. I always felt confident giving information or recommending a certain item.

The hardest part is of the job is learning about all the different products, but it is well worth the training and time. If you are genuinely passionate about people and learning about the products you will love this job. Parents come in looking to us for advice in navigating different situations or milestones in their families and it was always so rewarding getting to be apart of this journey with them.

The management was always so flexible and supportive of me and I truly felt part of a family. I miss them. The team at Snuggle Bugz genuinely cares about helping each employee grow in their position and their product knowledge and reaching there maximum potential. There are often opportunities to take on other roles within the company as well.

I would highly recommend working with the Snuggle Bugz family and it is still the place I recommend to my friends and family if they need anything related to babies and the early child years.
Pros
Working with families and their children, Great products, Friendly staff, Great company mission

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Snuggle Bugz. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7