SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews

A less than ordinary job
Guest services attendant (Former Employee) –  fort mcmurray Canada18 December 2017
Management wasn't the most reliable. The pay was good, but not worth all the time spent away from home and your family. The most enjoyable part of the job was the Camp itself - forming relationships with fellow colleagues and activities outside of work.
Pros
free food
Productive and fun
Carpenter's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC11 December 2017
I am fully satisfied with my expereince as an assistant carpenter in the project, i know the safety rules and how to complete the job in a given task with a time alotted for me. My supervisors are good to do their instructions given to me.
Overrated
Technician (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON2 December 2017
I am pretty sure if you are looking for something better than you do right now, this is not the place you wanna work. Moreover, you'll end up making less money than you do right now.
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 November 2017
Everyday is different depending on the project, but there were always good opportunities to learn and room to grow.

The enviroment is friendly, people spend their time in getting things done as a team, When suggesting different ways of doing things, suggestions are considered in a respectful way.

Fare compensation and benefits
There is alot of room to grow but there is so much of a heavy poitacl feel in the work environment.
Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2017
There is a great opportunity to learn however the environment is very competitive and cut-throat. I had great manager in my team but upper management was not always looking out for the team and this left a level of mistrust.
Pros
One has ample opportunity to learn.
Cons
Long hours very little gratitude for your great efforts.
Great Work Environment
Health, Safety, Security and Emergency Response (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL20 November 2017
My experience there was very rewarding. I had strong leadership and great support to execute my role. I was well mentored and given opportunity to shadow my leadership to prepare for the next level in my career.
Great work atmosphere
Supervisor, Engineering Assistants (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 November 2017
SNC had a great work atmosphere. Loved going in to work and interacting with my coworkers every day. It was easy to move up the company if you had a little initiative.
Too long ago to remember
Project Buyer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 November 2017
It was ages ago since I worked here. I barely remember it. It was fine enough while I was there, but I cannot provide any specifics. I remember I had a workaholic as a boss, which stressed me out a bit.
Pros
Can't recall
Cons
Can't recall
Beautiful Camp
Head Chief/Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 October 2017
This company had it all, well managed, very clean, staff and ownership just awesome. Rooms, rec rooms, kitchen and dinning room outstanding. Just wished they did not move back to Quebec.
Pros
rec room and camp rooms
Cons
no cons here
Very fast paced competitive work environment in winning projects on an international competitive basis
Proposals/Business/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 October 2017
As proposals manager directed a team of professionals in preparing winning proposals meeting the potential clients requirement. Established winning strategies and plans for successful execution. Prepared presentations to clients senior executives. Provided the business, engineering & technology and operating experience for project proposals. Management culture was 100% delegation as long as project contracts were won and successfully executed. The hardest part of the job was to meet unrealistic deadlines on proposals. The most enjoyable part was to win and execute projects successfully.
Pros
Good salary & benefits and challenging environment
Cons
Lack of management support on ethics
Depending on project sites, SNC-Lavalin always provide best offices environment
Finance and Administration Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 October 2017
Working on project sites is very stimulating, hard and very demanding. Despite the work load, the management and the team work combined make the experience unique. the success of a project relies on the management quality and each employee.
SNC-Lavalin experience has been great and had the chance to meet many people from across the world, very friendly environment.
Pros
free lunches, social activities
Cons
on project, long hours are often
A lot to learn especially because I was working in a very exclusive industry
Marketing & External Relations Support (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 October 2017
A lot to learn especially because I was working in a very exclusive industry.

Friendly atmosphere

Good work life balance

Very supportive environment
Caring and excellent.
Lead Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 September 2017
Excellent Work place to work with
Management has very high vision
Constant in mode of business expansion.
Very professional and care taking management
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Big organisation
Organized, Systematic, High Standard of Corporate Culture
Piping Engineering (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 September 2017
Good Place for Self Development In Engineering & Management Field. The Management encouraged & inspired continuous improvement process by giving training, on job and round table discussion.
My department had poor management
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2017
My department had poor management.
This department has been sold in January 2017.
There was lack of management support but this concerns only this specific department. I cannot tell for the entire SNC Lavalin company
Productive, challenging and satisfaction
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Alberta11 September 2017
A typical day was fast-paced, productive, and always focused on staff and Health & Safety. Excellent opportunities for personal and career growth.Enjoyed 10 years with the company and met many, many talented people.
Pros
Excellent Core Values
Cons
They sold the property management division :(
Easy going
Mechanical Site Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 September 2017
The Company is great for seniors or experienced persons. For beginners, the treatments are not good, lack of mentor-ship, management, and promotion opportunities
Pros
Easy going
Cons
No chance of moving up
A good company with lots of trainings
Civil/Structural Designer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 September 2017
SNC LAVALIN is a good company with very kind working environment. There are lots of software and knowledge trainings for employee. I have learned and improved a lots.
very good company
Area 200 Mechanical Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 August 2017
one of the largest EPC in Canada. Very nice working culture. Good management. It is a world wide organization. it has various divisions. One of the pioneers in dams construction and transportation.
Position in NL both management & collegues were extremely helpful & supportive.
SENIOR EXPEDITOR (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL14 August 2017
I was hired in Calgary, AB on contract but agreed to become permanent within a year. A position became available in St. John's, NL shortly afterwards & as I'm from NL, I requested consideration. It was agreed that I would be on loan for two years. This was extended to three years.
A typical day was always busy. I learned how to participate/conduct meetings with Suppliers. Even though it was a fast paced environment everyone there, management included were very helpful & friendly.
The hardest part of the job was keeping on top of manufacturing, inspection & transportation schedules to ensure on time deliveries. Learning about the equipment requirements for a new industry - Power.
Best part was renewing old friendships & making new ones.
Pros
Being a part of a great project
Cons
Having to leave wheen my term was completed.