SNC-Lavalin
Happiness score is 82 out of 100

SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews

Found 668 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,471 reviews

It was a excellent company to work for.

First to check any alarms on computor,check all mechanical and electrical rooms,do preventive maint. Thru-out the bld.Learnt bld. Automation and more computor skills.Management was very good and helpful.The workplace was very enjoyable.The job was a little difficult untill I learnt the bld.

Pros

Good pay and management

Cons

Long hours on call

Un atmosphere de travail toxique et hypocrite.

Ils sont hypocrite et l'atmosphère de travail est toxiques.

Pros

Il y a du thé David The

Cons

Aucun encadrememt

Treated really well

Great place to work for Contract work so you got a per every 3 months.Keep your nose clean and d what asked and you are treated fairly.Paid flights in and out as were perdiems

Unfair job advancement

I worked at at SNC for 6 years and each year my responsibilities grew, but my salary was not matched to my workload. Others in the same business line as I were doing less and getting paid much more. The companies rational was that I wasn't a "trained" Admin Assistant, yet I was doing everything that was expected of one and my Supervisors were happy.Unfortunately, the feedback from my Supervisors was not considered in my advancement; only what the Lead Manager of the Admins.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Unfair rating system. You work for one supervisor, but your ranking as d development is determined by the Performance Manager, who was not at all professional.

Not a Place to work

Lots of back stabbing and poor management practice especially at management level. Principal engineer and the management team wasn't that supportive. You will need to find your own work to survive. Unless you have enough work to take with you, this is not the place. Lots of politics - if you are good at kissing a**ses. still not vey ethical.

Découragée par les restructurations

c'est ma 2ème mise à pied, à chaque fois ils recrutent des employés pour but de restructurer et sois disant améliorer la situation, c'est les mises à pieds qui commencent. Les gens compétents pas compétents dehors.Puis voici le changement apporté! nous avons fait le ménage...

Pros

Apprentissage en milieu de travail

Cons

Réorganisation pour un oui ou pour un non

Great environment to work in but

But... it shouldn't have rules that allow friends to say negative comments to each other. But if your friend chooses a week later that he wants you off the job. All he has to do is complain and they will fire you. Do to there zero tolerance rules. The other person should be fired as well and or both be sent away with a warning. Considering they were in agreement to start the way they talk and only others can complain about what the two people say. Rules are rules and there toughest at scn. They don't match today's changes and acceptance we have today.

Pros

Free food. Rooms.

Cons

Find a place to live 10 days of every month.. suggesting vacation package

Friendly workplace

SNC-Lavalin Calgary office was a well managed one. Employees worked in a friendly environment and can receive necessary support from management tean. I enjoyed working there.

Possibilité de se dépasse

Demande beaucoup d autonomie et de capacité d adaptation beaucoup de formation fournie

Department Coordinator

Management was a double standard in the interview was mentioned that on occassion I could work from home then when I did during the snow fall I was told that I was not allowed to be doing that only other employees were allowed

Jobs at SNC-Lavalin

See more jobs

great place to work, lots of potential for training

online library to take your work to the next level.large international scope, options for working outside of the country.great and caring HR. worked through a very dark time in my life.

Pros

awesome culture

Cons

easy to get lost in the crowd.

Great work experience

Great opportunities and possibilities to growth. Covid has put a dent to the experience as most managers now think that because you are working from home you can work 24/7. But other than that great place to work.

Pros

Career growth

Cons

Project directors

Environnement de travail collaboratif,

Expertise et la passion donne le goût de se dépasser.On vous donne le goût d’aimer ce que vous faites en se basant sur la formation des paires.

Pros

Encadrement et collaboration

Cons

Trop gros pour certains

Over worked most of the time

Great coworkers in Calgary but upper management in Edmonton were out of touch. Very long hours as they tried to maximize the time spent out of the office. Loved what I did, just didn't like the bureaucracy behind the scenes.

Pros

Great staff

Cons

Extremely over worked at times, can be very stressful

High paced, fun, emotionally stumulating.

I worked there for 6 years. I would do it again. Friendly intelligent people, great work atmosphere, food and lodging taken care of, gym to work out, games room. Lots to do.

Pros

Room and food in camp when working

Cons

Had 3 in 1 out, got switched 2 in 2 out. I missed the 3 in 1 out.

Lots of brains here

As long as there are projects great place to work, but if not....Multiple interesting assignments availableInternational opportunities if inferested.Nice office location in Vancouver

Pros

RRSP matching, Share matching

Cons

No free parking for non managerail staff downtown Vancouver

Club for management and middle managers

Unless you have the credentials and drive to climb the management ladder, you should probably give this a pass. If you just want your steady job and your secure place as a team member without getting into the corporate cultural race (because your life is more than your job), there are much better places for you than SNC. You are always expendable at SNC.

hard working, terrible people

Typical day at start was drive around fixing guardrails with others.Workplace culture was terrible. employees were unprofessional at times. Especially certain worker who belittle me and gave hard time for being new.Pay was great and having 3 days off was good. on-call 24/7

Pros

Money/Benefits

Cons

Work abuse

Great company not run by great ppl

One of the best engineering company but senior management for Oil and Gas is especially in Canada is not showing interest, what they learned is not adopted. They favour some team mates instead of accepting them...

Cons

Too much stress

Profesional environment and competitive.

It is what is expected of an Engineering firm. You only are safe if the company has projects. The company pay relocation and give good layout severance. The environment is as good as the people in your project. I made good friends and have good time at SNC Lavalin T & D.

Pros

Salary and benefits

Cons

Security

Back stabbing office politics.

90% of the employee are spending 5-6 hrs./day in office rumours, politics, back stabbing.A typical day at work includes 50% doing other peoples job.Avoid unless you are starving.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SNC-Lavalin. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement