SNC-Lavalin
Happiness score is 82 out of 100

SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews for Engineer

Found 10 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,471 reviews

Large engineering company in Canada / worldwide

Every day is an enjoyable day at work! There is not much focus on employee development and growth; Management has several VPs in Business Development who bring in no business! Workplace culture is healthy and productive with good work-life balance; Hardest part of the job is work planning - because of last minute surprises. The most enjoyable part of the work is flexi-time and work sharing between colleagues.

Pros

Great Work-life balance

Cons

Poor opportunities for advancement

Strong culture

The branch I worked for performed poorly from the clients perspective. The Dept heads, in general, abused their positions. They were usually the last to arrive in the morning and first to leave at the end of the day. With this example a lot of the staff wasted hours everyday playing online games, waiting at Tims, and wandering the mall.

Good EPC Company

I joined during a busy time with many projects. I worked in a great department with great people. People's experiences will all be different, but I have positive things to say about SNC. The benefits are good, compared to WorleyParsons.

Organized, Systematic, High Standard of Corporate Culture

Good Place for Self Development In Engineering & Management Field. The Management encouraged & inspired continuous improvement process by giving training, on job and round table discussion.

Neglected employees

No real training or safety essential courses were given. Expected to know your job and position first day you arrive. They have a hard time letting problem employees go. Creating animosity within the job.

Pros

Usually close to main cities if not in the city.

Cons

No training or real safety

summary

building manager, been here for almost 3 years taking care of tenant spaces , dealing with tenants and budgeting projects from boilers to chillers to roof repairs, to asphalt projects. making sure mechanical room and tenats are in good order.

secure job

routine included facility maintenance of 14 federal government buildings. achieved my FMC accreditation while working onsite. co-workers were a pleasure to work with, management was cordial. job came with some risk considering the site. management was open to changes to make our tasks easier and would make the clients happier as well.

Pros

monday to friday with minimal on call

cons

it was a job

maintain 14 buildings in a correctional facility setting, boiler readings, HVAC repairs and maintenance. maintained courthouse and other out buildings with old equipment, no upgrades done for decades.

Pros

job

Cons

working among inmates

A professional atmosphere where I practice my line of work.

A regular day at work, I would go in at 8am to check in than I would proceed to the construction site I was assigned. I would make regular walks through the site and make sure everything is in order and everything is done correctly. Some of the jobs that are completed I would have to check and make sure it is done correctly. Every company has its own rules and regulation, although most companies would have the same because they would have to follow the Canadian standards. What I mean by this is for example the amount of compaction the aggregate needs to be in order to place sidewalk cement over it, another example would be the amount of manholes and catch basins to have and their locations. My group of co-workers were great. Everyone was very nice and very easy to approach. I did not find my job difficult at all and I enjoyed my entire time working with SNC-Lavalin.

A good place to work

You will be exposed to many projects and standards and each manager has his own way of doing things. Bottom line, you will learn a lot and it is not that stressful. You almost never have to put in overtime and the supervisors are very understanding of your personal life.

Pros

Relaxed learning

Cons

unstable

Jobs at SNC-Lavalin