SNC-Lavalin logo
SNC-Lavalin
Happiness score is 83 out of 100High

SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews for Document Controller

Found 9 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,463 reviews

Productive and fun workplace with SNC

Productive and fun workplace with SNC SNC-Lavalin Group Inc. is a Canadian company based in Montreal that provides engineering, procurement, and construction services to various industries, including mining and metallurgy, oil and gas, environment and water, infrastructure, and clean power.

Good Place to work

SNC-Lavalin was a good place to work but the job work/life balance was not balanced. Very long hours to complete projects. Keen on employee's improving their skills.

Pros

Respectful Management

Cons

Worked very long hours

Cared about their employees, great environment to work in

Great place to work, they cared about the well being of their employees. Fast pace environment which kept working there interesting and challenging. Management encouraged training when needed for growth opportunity. Deadlines were a little challenging at times but not unrealistic. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with amazing people!!!

A very diverse and technology-based environment

In the typical work day at SNC, it would be necessary to transmit documents between engineers/vendors/clients. It was a difficult task to get all parties to synchronize with approval systems and making sure the correct health and safety personnel were involved with the correct project/drawings; so once a drawing was finally fully approved and able to be archived it was a fulfilling moment. I find enjoyment in finishing tedious projects that require lots of detail-orientation. I am incredibly organized so that is always a definite benefit for me, because I am always trying to be as efficient as possible. Thank you,

Pros

flexible hours, great benefits, coworkers were nice

Cons

no work position security

Fast

Deadline driven, fast-paced, project-driven company and industry. The most enjoyable part of the job is the variety of experiences dealing with multiple stakeholders at any given phase of a project. I've learned about document management and the importance of maintaining accurate information within the company systems as well in archiving for both legal and reference purposes.

Pros

Mentoring program

Cons

Great company to work for

Great benefits There's a big room for career growth Management is always on point A great working environment HR staffs are always helpful when you need help Excellent job culture and work life balance

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

n/a

Awesome colleagues, poor management

I enjoyed my 2yrs at SNC Lavalin T&D but my 3rd year was awful with very poor new management and no guidance.

Pros

Lunch & learn and friendly workmates

Cons

Unprofessional management

Job security is a big issue due to lack of work

High Demand,Fast Paced How to deal with stressful situations How to work as a team or independently Hardest part is making sure the work is issued in a timely fashion. The work load keeps me busy

Pros

People are great

Cons

Security

Friendly good environment to work

I am able to come to work happy, I know exactly what I will be doing for the day, we all work as a team. I have learned a lot at SNC I feel it has made me Appreciate having a job and that even though sometimes it may be hectic, I know I can get it done. The management is understanding and willing to help. Our co-workers are fantastic they are always willing to help. The hardest part of the job is being the way things constantly change and there is no room to feel comfortable that I will have a job once a project ends or even when you are placed on a project it may get bought out. The most enjoyable part of the job is the core hours 9-4 you are able to start at 7,8,9 as long as you work your 9 hours.

Pros

People are great

Cons

The job is unpredictable with stability

Jobs at SNC-Lavalin