SNC-Lavalin

SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

Found 12 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,471 reviews

Administrative Assistant Prior Position

I loved working for this company who focused on customer satisfaction while always adhering to safety work practices.Good atmosphere, excellent communication with upper management.

Unfair job advancement

I worked at at SNC for 6 years and each year my responsibilities grew, but my salary was not matched to my workload. Others in the same business line as I were doing less and getting paid much more. The companies rational was that I wasn't a "trained" Admin Assistant, yet I was doing everything that was expected of one and my Supervisors were happy.Unfortunately, the feedback from my Supervisors was not considered in my advancement; only what the Lead Manager of the Admins.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Unfair rating system. You work for one supervisor, but your ranking as d development is determined by the Performance Manager, who was not at all professional.

They take advantage

They kept me on contract for two years without having to pay me above min. Wage even though I was promoted. The last year I was there, it was every three months a renewed contract and then it went to 1 month at a time until they sold our division to Brookfield.

It was a job

I did my job. Ups and downs like every where else. Good people, bad situations made for a lack of projects which made it hard on everybody. It used to be a fun place to work.

Productive place to work

Generally a quite place to work. Co-workers are great but don't mingle with each other too much. Company culture is good.

If you want to work in a Mad Men environment this is the place for you

The directors I would work for were men with little view of women. I got little respect and we are basically considered like our opinion doesnt matter. You can see a net difference between the directors and the employees who do not have a big title. I decided to leave because the company was beginning to be unstable and most of us felt like we were working in a prison. Best decision! I am now working at a company that allows growth and the managers respect the opinions of everyone whether it be an Admin assistant or a Manager. Also the salary is not something that you can live off.

Pros

Good retirement plan

Cons

No respect from Directors

RM - Administrative Assistant - Project Coordinator

General Dynamics was a company that taught me the discipline required to work with very high standards of processes and procedures in the defense business.

Pros

Great peiple to work with

Good company to work with

Company is an International EPCM. Busy every day to meet tight deadlines. Management is great and work as a team. To gain more experience in the engineering industry.

Fun work to work with

Busy every day to work with the project team. Management is great and work as a team. To gain more experience in the engineering industry.

Good - Team Work

Worked as Administrative Assistant. Created Memos and Letters. Worked on Maintaining the Inventory on Convero for all materials.

Jobs at SNC-Lavalin

Administrative Assistant positions
See more jobs

SNC-Lavalin Inc. Review

I am currently working as a technical assistant in one of the largest engineering and construction firms in the world, my actual job has contributed in honing my proficiency in technical skills and ability to deal within a fast-paced and demanding environment.

Interesting projects

Working with a Director of transport and a consul of Guinea Conakry. Typing letters, making proposition documents, expense accounts, organizing travelling of engineers, booking their hotels and for the consulate taking care of the visitors.

Pros

Nice XMAS vacations and nice employee's party.

Cons

Lots of rushes and stress.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SNC-Lavalin. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement