SNC-Lavalin logo
Happiness score is 83 out of 100High

SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Found 131 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,463 reviews

Great work experience

Great opportunities and possibilities to growth. Covid has put a dent to the experience as most managers now think that because you are working from home you can work 24/7. But other than that great place to work.

Pros

Career growth

Cons

Project directors

Excellent work environment.

Highly challenging and competitive environment with attention to details in execution of projects with a aim in pleasing their clientele a top priority.

Pros

Excellent support in all areas.

Cons

Deadline oriented.

Great company

Enjoyed working at a great Canadian organization which operates in 40 plus countries . Management was excellent and they focused on growing the business but also taking care of its employees.

Pros

Good culture

Cons

Fast paced

Productive and nice working environment

Good place for working as an Engineer. Administration and culture are good. Training facilities provided by the company as reasonable. Salary structure also reasonable.

Worst experience of my career

Reported to the Vaughan office where I dealt with favouritism, nepotism, and racism. If you don’t speak Urdu then prepare to be left out of the conversation. Expectations were unrealistic during busy times with employees left to feel inadequate when the work load surpassed capabilities. Employees were also shamed when sick days were taken on top of constant expectations to work weekends and holidays.

Not a bad place to work

People are good to work with. SNC has a lot of talented employees. Large company with usual large company problems. Support sometimes is difficult to find. I feel at times Montreal office couldn’t care less for Ontario employees

Great experience

I was on assignment at a pharmaceutical client. SNC was very supportive in my career growth and technical development. The workplace was great. Great people.

Good Canadian owned company

- My work experience was positive for the most part. During my time there we were expanding and projects were plentiful. Great people to work with.

Pros

Fast paced, never a dull moment

Cons

when busy, long hours

Great team

I have been working in snc Lavalin with lots of nice and smart people. I have been involved in several multidisciplinary projects with a great variety of scope size and complexity. Overall there is a great work ethic in this company as far as I've seen.

Difficult times for the company

Started less than 2 years ago and finishing with them as company is going through difficult moments and many departments are closing down for good. In reality it seems there were no planning for a long time and this is the result of many problems that led into this situation.

Jobs at SNC-Lavalin

in Toronto, ON
See more jobs

Great working environment

Friendly staff and use of latest technology/systems. The most enjoying part is working on different projects. Various job responsibilities such as project accounting, budgeting & forecasting, KPI's , earned value , reporting etc.

Good Company

SNC Lavalin is a good company to work for. The past year has been a challenge for all employees. Morale is currently down and we are seeking direction from Management

Pros

Good people, good managers in operations, long term employees

Cons

current circumstances being in the media/damaged company name

nice place

Good place to work - Good management - flexible hours- sport events - good benefits -sport clubs - free sport tickets - career growth- great job experience

Fair place

Good benefit plan, good team work environment, but it is slowing down as not able to get projects. I guess that the overhead cost is high than other companies and make it less competitive in the engineering market.

Great environment

Very good place to work. Great environment and staff is so professional. Great training and learned on a day to day tasks at the company. I recommend the people on this industry to apply

Pros

Care of employees

Cons

Flexible hours

Leader in Engineering and Construction Industry

My projects were on four continents; therefore I had to travel extensively. That also enabled me to get exposed to different cultures and languages which gave me a cutting edge while dealing with clients from all parts of the world. The hardest part of the job was staying away from my family for a long period of times.

Good place to work and learn

Excellent opportunities to learn new skills and gain experience across the globe. Good compensation and benefits. Offices throughout Canada and international. Focus on resource and infrastructure projects, Many meaningful non-engineering employment opportunities.

Pros

Great employer

Cons

Ethics history

Good environment

good working environment with supportive people, considering professional and experienced resources to keep quality of projects and reliable outcomes,

Good company currently going through bad patch for several reasons. The CEO and his office donot have insight into day to day reality. "Old school boy" culture prevails.

SNC Review

- Lot of dynamic teams and skillset - Good workplace culture for some groups - Diversify learning environment - Not a very secured job environment

Pros

Lot of expertise people to learn from

Cons

Job Security

Positive place with great people to work with

This is company is a good place to be employed. It upholds a great cultural with there staff by always being positive and friendly. Strive to improve and help employees move forward and grow within the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SNC-Lavalin. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement