SNC-Lavalin logo
SNC-Lavalin

SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews in Oakville, ON

Found 11 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,460 reviews

Productive workplace, learned many new things through Lunch and Learn

I got to work on many software programs and most of the engineering work. Good workplace culture was good. Cooperative colleagues. Enjoyable Lunch and learn sessions.

Back stabbing office politics.

90% of the employee are spending 5-6 hrs./day in office rumours, politics, back stabbing.A typical day at work includes 50% doing other peoples job.Avoid unless you are starving.

Great place for junior engineers

Nice people, great for junior engineers looking to start a career in nuclear Very challenging, overtime and weekend hours are part of the job training could be better structured,

My best years working in the field was at SNC-Lavalin

I was given great opportunities for advancement and growth. Unfortunately, the management was lacking which created some challenges to the success of the company.

Productive and busy work place with great staff to work with and learn from.

Very busy and work orientated environment. I developed great interpersonal skills and organizational skills. Working on multilple projects I learned to manage my time will and prioritize the tasks assigned to me on a daily basis. I got to work with a lot of highly professional people who were very knowledgable and always helpful. Attending company meetings and learning about the corporate culture was the most enjoyable part of the job.

Polytics drowning all productive skills

Unless you brown nose, there is no need for things such as excellence. see my cl and resume. Merry chrismass and a happy new year!

Cons

politics

I have always enjoyed the manufacturing/service environment by being a decisive, effective problem solver who contributes to the profit line.

First I believe in making people my priority and express this belief through superior communications and interpersonal skills. I lead by example and motivate others while motivating myself. I have an excellent rapport with fellow employees and subscribe fully to the power of teamwork to meet goals. I am a detailed, conscious individual who incorporates a dedication to excellence in every aspect of duties. I will create, monitor and reach goals by increasing the efficient and cost effective use of both human and material resources. My skills have been utilised from customer service, order entry, management information systems, inventory, resource, capacity planning and scheduling, packaging, warehouse and shipping. Experiences are in industries involving marketing, sales, manufacturing, repair and service, equipment supply.

Pros

One earn day off per month

Cons

Job responsibilities are impacted by delays in processing.

Very good place to work.

Learned new SP3D, excellent Piping management, good piping group, good location

This company is a good place to build your skills and gain experience as a junior.

Pros

Co-workers

Cons

Salary / Benefits

5 Stars company

- Solid company, nice teams, good place to work, excellent benefits, interesting & challenging work- Negotiate with the Client SNC SWO's (service work orders): define the scope and the cost associated with our activities, help the discipline leads & engineers to define their scope of work, define deliverables and estimate the right amount of engineering hours needed, obtain the Client acceptance for the SWO's.- Team building and create a healthy (& pleasant) team work environment, conflict resolution, etc.- Stage Gate meetings: play an active role in the decision making process ("kill" or "go" decision).- Active part of project construction & commissioning: lead the team, vendors and stakeholders, support construction & engineering teams the field activities.- Initiate, organize, facilitate & participate in problem solving process during all project phases (initiation, planning, execution, monitoring & control and closure).

Jobs at SNC-Lavalin

in Oakville, ON
See more jobs

It is a great place for culture, work, career development

As a former employee I want to say SNC Lavalin Inc. is one of the famous EPCM company in the world regarding engineering services. During my employment I learned lots of things from my supervisor, co-workers which help me to build up my career. All of the employees are helpful to work, friendly and cooperative. Really it was my best time of life in SNC Lavalin. The management is very organized. The hardest part of the job depends on the project schedule, closing date but most of the time all employees takes the individual responsibilities seriously. In this point of view all of the working time most enjoyable part.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SNC-Lavalin. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement