SNC-Lavalin logo
SNC-Lavalin

SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews in Montréal, QC

Found 148 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,460 reviews

Worked for the company directly as a contractor for 6 months

Upper management was very supportive in the beginning, then new reporting manager was the opposite. Work culture got toxic, and didn't feel like I fit anymore.

Pros

In the downtown core

Cons

Poor management, no direction on what tasks and responsibilities were

Découragée par les restructurations

c'est ma 2ème mise à pied, à chaque fois ils recrutent des employés pour but de restructurer et sois disant améliorer la situation, c'est les mises à pieds qui commencent. Les gens compétents pas compétents dehors.Puis voici le changement apporté! nous avons fait le ménage...

Pros

Apprentissage en milieu de travail

Cons

Réorganisation pour un oui ou pour un non

Possibilité de se dépasse

Demande beaucoup d autonomie et de capacité d adaptation beaucoup de formation fournie

Environnement de travail collaboratif,

Expertise et la passion donne le go√Ľt de se d√©passer.On vous donne le go√Ľt d‚Äôaimer ce que vous faites en se basant sur la formation des paires.

Pros

Encadrement et collaboration

Cons

Trop gros pour certains

Google it. Nothing positive show up

Watch out the bullies out there! SNC can not be profitable without dirty money in the mix. Lack of skills, vision and also leadership. Toxic politics rule this firm. Management has no vision and is short term oriented. No former SNC exec has shine elsewhere following their tenure at SNC. We never hear from them ever. They all go back home and watch Netflix. Pure lack of talented professionals...Everyone trying to save their jobs. Second guessing, politics, unproductive noisy meetings.They need a major cleaning from top to bottom. It is very inefficient and shocking. I felt in the 1970s when I first walk into the firm. Very low skilled over paid professionals playground.

Pros

Cons

Archaic. Incompetent. Bankrupt

Lots of politics

It's all about profit and nothing more. There's 0 investment in employee programs or benefit. The management is constantly fighting each other impending you to do your basic job. There's big lack of leadership skills within senior management and excecs. I've seen discrimination against minorities and women at headquarters and project office levels. Avoid this company!

Pros

Fair group plans and work/life balance

Cons

See my review

Mauvais timing

Je crois que l'entreprise perd de son lustre. Elle utilise maintenant les m√™mes tactiques qu'ailleurs soit des promesses vides pour en obtenir plus de la part des juniors. Salaire √† l'embauche int√©ressant mais les augmentations sont moindres que l'augmentation du co√Ľt de la vie... passe.

Pros

Conciliation travail famille

Cons

Peu ou pas de support

Bonne expérience

bonne compagnie Bonne ambiance de travail Projet intéressant

Très professionnel

Je recommande cette entreprise dinamique et qui donne des opportunités de carrières

Pros

Pas de stress

Cons

Les voyages

Productive Place to Work lots of behind the scenes drama

Productive Place to Work lots of behind the scenes drama Saw company grow from male oriented to seeing more women in the industry Women still not paid as well as the men or offered the advancement or projects that men are offered

Jobs at SNC-Lavalin

in Montréal, QC
See more jobs

une vrai garderie

aucune discipline je me croyais dans une garderie 40h semaine, l'horaire est rotative, ne tiennent pas compte des options de transport et de nos localisation pour nous imposer nos horaires, micro-management, y'a du favoritisme, tout le monde se pile dessus

Very noce company to work for

It was agreat company to work for with intelligent and supportive team and management. Even thou I came from the architectural field and the job was for telecommunications, the listened to what I had to say and embraced my knowledge.

Pros

Big company with great progres

Cons

Language barrier, they operated in French

Large and slow

It is a large company which means it is slow to change. They bought another company a few years back and that company do what they want and doesn't really follow corporate guidelines.

No Review Given

I am opting out of supplying a review of my previous employer and am filling this field out due to a system requirement. Please disregard this review.

Expérience

10 ans √† travers lesquels j'ai acquis √©norm√©ment de comp√©tences, d'exp√©rience et de confiance en soi en travaillant sur une multitude de projets de grande envergure qui m'ont permis de c√ītoyer des gens formidables et talentueux.

good place to work

I was with good team and it was a pleasure for me to work them my position was unfortunately abolished. my supervisor was very helpful and very clear good place

Ce n'est plus ce que c'était

Mon exp√©rience personnelle chez SNC, en tant que dessinateur, se r√©sument en ces quelques phrases: - Aucune ambiance de de travail (c'est chacun pour soi, il n'y a aucune union); - La mentalit√© des cadres se r√©sument a "On paye un junior, mais on lui exigent le rendement et la productivit√© d'un s√©nior. Et s'il fait pas l'affaire, ont a juste a le renvoyer avant la fin de sas probation, pas p,us grave que √ßa ". - Aucune formation, mis a part celles sur la s√©curit√© (Ils mettent beaucoup d'emphase la-dessus); - Tu enchaines les projets back to back, sans avoir ne serait-ce que 5 min entre 2 projets pour faire autre chose; - Les assurances, par-contre, rien a redire la-dessus, tr√®s bonne couvertures. Peut-√™tre que la mentalit√© diff√®rent dans d'autre d√©partement, voir m√™me d‚Äôautre bureaux (Je travaillait au si√®ge social, le 455 Ren√©-L√©sveque), mais je ne gardes pas vraiment de bon souvenir de la-bas... Je ne dis pas d'√©viter a tout prix cette compagnie, peut-√™tre que d'autre y trouveront leur bonheur, mais je vous dit plut√īt "a vos risque et p√©rils"...

Pros

Bonnes assurances

Cons

Tout le reste

Good workplace

Good environment and productive place. The company allows you to learn really quickly due to its complexe structure with multiple divisions around the world

Environnement de travail très toxique

Environnement toxique et organisé en système de clans.

Pros

Aucun

Cons

Tout est négatif

Great place to work in

With over 40000 employees world wide, you are not just a number, you are part of the family! Every day us a new challenge as the work diversity is quite large and you are never left alone to deal with certain problems alone, there is always a helping hand at arms length!

bon esprit d'équipe

Entreprise à taille humaine, avec un bon esprit d'équipe qui y règne.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SNC-Lavalin. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement