SNC-Lavalin logo
SNC-Lavalin

SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews in Fort McMurray, AB

Found 31 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,463 reviews

High paced, fun, emotionally stumulating.

I worked there for 6 years. I would do it again. Friendly intelligent people, great work atmosphere, food and lodging taken care of, gym to work out, games room. Lots to do.

Pros

Room and food in camp when working

Cons

Had 3 in 1 out, got switched 2 in 2 out. I missed the 3 in 1 out.

Great environment to work in but

But... it shouldn't have rules that allow friends to say negative comments to each other. But if your friend chooses a week later that he wants you off the job. All he has to do is complain and they will fire you. Do to there zero tolerance rules. The other person should be fired as well and or both be sent away with a warning. Considering they were in agreement to start the way they talk and only others can complain about what the two people say. Rules are rules and there toughest at scn. They don't match today's changes and acceptance we have today.

Pros

Free food. Rooms.

Cons

Find a place to live 10 days of every month.. suggesting vacation package

productive fun workplace

staff was friendly work was great was nice to make good money while I was there. was a good learning experience. nice atmosphere. the training was great learned a lot of stuff.

Pros

free lunch

Productive and fun.

Shutdown work. Demolition, removal and installation of new piping. Great hours, fair pay and fun crews to work with. Food was good and accomodations were adequate.

Positive, forward thinking

Very team oriented. Professional Organized Structured Fair Great work/life balance Great training/safety programs I have nothing but the upmost respect for the team which I worked with while with SNC Lavalin at the Conoco Phillips site.

great salary

I really appreciate and thankful for all of the opportunities that this company has provided and help me grow not only professionally as well as personally. I have learned so much in these past 3 years.

Excellent Compensation

SNC Lavalin compensates their employees very well, The downside to working for SNC was the constant turnover in staff due to long work hours, an unbalanced workload and minimal employee recognition initiatives.

Criminals

Horrible management, poor benefits 14/14 was the only thing keeping me with them. Management was poorly educated and had no clue but tried to walk all over you. They only got to where they were by kissing butt.

Pros

Free room, 14/14 rotation

Cons

Management and hourly pay/benefits.

Very Engaging place to work

Very Good place to work upper management very helpful, great rotation and very good Salary, There was not any extreme pressure's on the staff, all knew their jobs and got it done. Very good training programs for what ever you may be lacking in skills, Lavalin would help you achieve your goals.

work outline

All aspics of running a 24 hr facility, followed orders from chef and sous chef on floor. followed health and safety guidelines, HASSP, food safe handling to high standers.

Jobs at SNC-Lavalin

in Fort McMurray, AB
See more jobs

Very good maintenance team

Every worker help each other that make the work more easy, Long hours (12) - 2 week in and 2 week off, it is good if you want time for travel vacation.

Pros

Camp Food and lodge Good

Cons

Travel

Excellent place to work

I enjoyed all of my 8+ years with SNC Lavalin and was disappointed to leave. Great team environment, great staff, great Customer base. I learned an extreme amount of facility operations while there. I also was a member of the IRES safety board, which was great to have such safety conscious people to work with. A+

Pros

Balanced sched. Lots of OT

Cons

Had to leave due to family obligations

A less than ordinary job

Management wasn't the most reliable. The pay was good, but not worth all the time spent away from home and your family. The most enjoyable part of the job was the Camp itself - forming relationships with fellow colleagues and activities outside of work.

Pros

free food

Love cooking

This is a Oil Sand in fort Mcmurray base camp , we use to fide 4500. people in this camp , now we serve 1000--- 1200 people , its a grate Camp . very friendly staff. soo fan to work hare.

Camp life can be difficult, all staff like family

Flights not paid was difficult All staff help each other and support each other Difficult being away from home at times, however the higher income helps make it worth while

The projects are good to work on just the company is not good or management

Working there over 10 years and they upright and get rid of a lot of people anyone that was doing their job the slackers get kept and they are very judgemental on nationalities especially in western Canada and Atlantic Canada. There is no advancement and their human resource people are not good to deal with. This company prays on the disadvantaged. The top management are good but the middle and lower management are bad and the top management are not able to keep an eye on every project and project management. Seen a lot of people come and go while I worked there some even hurting big time for work and watched management lay them off and keep people who were not even doing there work because they kept there groupees

Pros

Like the projects

Cons

Terrible mismanaged company

no comment

I would rather not comment. I dont feel I can say anything that is not known about this company especially from those who have worked there

We were like family

I was with a big family we used to work as a team, we used to encourage each other, to advice each other, I learn more at SNC Lavalin , They always told as to work together as a family, to help each other. I was in the healthy environment. I still miss my team. There was nothing hard, I was enjoyed each and every minute.

Pros

free meals

Good work culture

Enjoyable work place. Everyone is very cooperative and helpful. Good safety work culture among all. Fun work place with supportive management.

Fair company to work for...

The work load was heavy...I am use to this kind of work in a camp environment...I got along great with all staff and management...Often times we were under staffed typical in camps but the work got done by pulling together...I am so use to 10 work days I would find it strange to work anything less...

Pros

Make good wages

Cons

Being away from home

Big Kitchen

It was a big kitchen that had a 4 selections of food: Fast food, 2 lines of Home made food, and Healthy food. This kitchen was in an Oil camp in Alberta that had over 3,000 clients that come everyday. I have developed the ability to adapt in fast paced work enviorment and also cooperating with my coworkers. Managment was tough with work habits yet the hardest part was to maintain at busy times when we lack on coworker since it was a big kitchen. Other than that I have enjoyed the experience and excitement which has developed my skills to be efficient.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SNC-Lavalin. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement