SNC-Lavalin
Happiness score is 82 out of 100

SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews in Etobicoke, ON

Found 12 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,471 reviews

The job and working relationship with other colleagues and staff was great. It was a pleasure working with other senior and highly qualified staff who were always pleased to assist and help in any way to ensure the overall success of the project is achieved

Amazing, supportful and talented people work here.

This company gave me my first job opportunity in Canada. I learnt so much from Management and my coworkers. I am a more confident and driven person because of my experience with this company. Truly grateful.

Decent workplace with flexible hours

Pros: Good place to work overall. Managers tend to be a bit laid back which is good in terms of the work environment. Flexible hours at least in my department. Cons: Lack of true leadership... Senior management not all but some are not engaged with the average worker. Lack of direction and decision making of some management leads to a trickle down effect of issues that affect the average employee. People promoted to managers based on technical ability and not management ability.... This is key as it leads to what i mentioned with a lack of leadership

Big Company

SNC was a great experience, meeting new people, and learning new things. The company was very big which presented opportunities and challenges. Felt supported by management, and there was opportunity for growth.

Great people /multicultural environment

Enjoyed every day while working with SNC. Excellent team environments. Financial team,Operation team and Management team Weekly/ monthly meeting with operation team was enjoyable part of my job. When you know the numbers and make result out of it and explain it to team plus their helping feedback.

Pros

Enjoyed working-Excellent team environments, Financial team, Operation team and Management team

Cons

Sold out O & M Sector and had to move with contract to other comapany

A busy place of work

I worked for this great company on 2 deferent occasions. On both occasions, I so much enjoyed working with my colleagues, management and users. This company was acquired by BGIS in 2016, where I worked as a contractor for a year and half.

Always something to do

It is a decent company to work for. I don't mind being available 24/7 and I do like being busy with challenges on both a large and small scale. Seeing real change in the perception of how the company views our IT department is quite rewarding as well, though it may seem an uphill battle some of the time. My days are filled with minor tickets through the remedy ticket system and at least 2 large projects on the go at any given time. The main challenge seems to be moving away from the old ways of things just working and moving to a documented process orientated environment. I am learning new products and ways of doing things all the time which is nice. Management is very accommodating for guidance and the atmosphere around my managers and co-workers is very relaxed. The hardest part of the job seems to be finding time for everything as we replace an aging infrastructure (we are just completing our migration from xp to win 7) and knowing the unknown variables that arise. The importance of vendor management and escalation paths is a little new to me, I've worked closely with vendors to learn different products but this is more getting them to implement solutions and working out how these solutions will fit in the current and future environment. We learn by watching them implement instead of learning while working with them if you see the difference there. I feel like we just need to get over this hump and then the job will become less fixing and more planning. Possibly from good to great, we are almost there! I really enjoy that sense of accomplishment.

Pros

Empowering position and lots of responsibility - I am making change

Cons

lots of responsibilty and I have no back up

Not a bad place to work

Management is awful... some of the managers don't know how to separate their home and work life.

Pros

understandable when it comes to needing time off to deal with your family

Cons

If you are not a favorite - you will be at the bottom of the list.

Professional Engineers Ontario, Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Over 20th years experience as an electrical engineer in a variety of fields like: Mining & Metallurgy, Oil & Gas, Port and Marine. Experienced in planning, designing, calculating, coordinating and managing projects to meet tight deadlines and shifting priorities with excellent interpersonal skills, creative problem. Solving skills and also communicate with client’s engineers to gain their trust and cooperation. Leadership skills and coordination with other disciplines, documentation skills, technicians and other team members from multiple disciplines.

Daily and monthly review

Sr. Office Administrator An ongoing basis - The general office may become top priority especially when an emergency occurs that needs the building facility department. This also includes - cleaners, Cintas Canada Limited, kitchen supplies and clean-up and the office in general. Expansion of office - organized offices, furniture, kitchen addition (incl. ordering cupboards), pictures, trees and signage. This was an expansion of my talents in which I did a very good job doing. Daily –Receptionist duties including; greeting clients, answering phones, booked boardrooms, ordered catering, couriers, mail and social clubs. Throughout day; photocopying, scanning, binding, cell phone distribution, reports from VP Operations, General Manager or Managers. Priorities also included; data entry of proposals/projects, data entry of proposals over $100,000. Weekly/Monthly – VP Operations - Monthly Management Report (to Vancouver) Office Contracts, Budget information. General Manager – Meeting minutes; Month-end reports (Proposal/Project/Win/A/R); Designed new reports; Promotional gifts for exhibits. Human Resources – Data entry of CV’s; Quality Management Systems; Attendance sheets; was Training Administrator; Timesheet coordinator. Health & Safety - Sub-contractor updates; MSDS binder updates; Certification of Insurance/WSIB; Canada-wide sub-contractor data entry. Hardest Part - They taught me to stand back from job when it was too much and do not hesitate to say “no”. Most enjoyable - This job expanded my capacities in all sectors of the work. I thank them for giving -

Pros

Add new experiences - enjoyed working with the VP and Health & Safety

Cons

At times there was too much to to, learned to say "no" when needed.

Jobs at SNC-Lavalin

in Etobicoke, ON
See more jobs

Job security is a big issue due to lack of work

High Demand,Fast Paced How to deal with stressful situations How to work as a team or independently Hardest part is making sure the work is issued in a timely fashion. The work load keeps me busy

Pros

People are great

Cons

Security

Friendly good environment to work

I am able to come to work happy, I know exactly what I will be doing for the day, we all work as a team. I have learned a lot at SNC I feel it has made me Appreciate having a job and that even though sometimes it may be hectic, I know I can get it done. The management is understanding and willing to help. Our co-workers are fantastic they are always willing to help. The hardest part of the job is being the way things constantly change and there is no room to feel comfortable that I will have a job once a project ends or even when you are placed on a project it may get bought out. The most enjoyable part of the job is the core hours 9-4 you are able to start at 7,8,9 as long as you work your 9 hours.

Pros

People are great

Cons

The job is unpredictable with stability

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SNC-Lavalin. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement

Compare SNC-Lavalin with

• SNC-Lavalin
  • Etobicoke, ON
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?