SNC-Lavalin

SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

Found 14 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,471 reviews

Strong culture

The branch I worked for performed poorly from the clients perspective. The Dept heads, in general, abused their positions. They were usually the last to arrive in the morning and first to leave at the end of the day. With this example a lot of the staff wasted hours everyday playing online games, waiting at Tims, and wandering the mall.

A good company with lots of trainings

SNC LAVALIN is a good company with very kind working environment. There are lots of software and knowledge trainings for employee. I have learned and improved a lots.

Don't like the HR

I had been severely harassed, touched, by a co-worker and they grilled me like I was the guilty party. I did not like the way they handled it. They did not keep it confidential.

Pros

Some Fun co workers

Cons

Poor training, poor HR

Neglected employees

No real training or safety essential courses were given. Expected to know your job and position first day you arrive. They have a hard time letting problem employees go. Creating animosity within the job.

Pros

Usually close to main cities if not in the city.

Cons

No training or real safety

summary

building manager, been here for almost 3 years taking care of tenant spaces , dealing with tenants and budgeting projects from boilers to chillers to roof repairs, to asphalt projects. making sure mechanical room and tenats are in good order.

Good experience and reputable projects

I enjoyed my work experience at SNC Lavalin Edmonton office. I worked on numerous reputable projects and with several professional and experienced teams in all disciplines.

Pros

Worldwide company

Cons

Edmonton Office reduced staff

Great company to work for enjoyed working with all the staff.

I enjoyed the work I did at SNC, I did various jobs there so received a lot of experience. Due to the Oil industry changes I unfortunately was laid off but I would go back to work with them in an instant. I liked the people there and and the clients that they dealt with.

Long time employee

Work at SNC for a total of 4 + years. Was a great place to work and received many years of experience working on projects for multiple clients. Workdays were fast pace and project driven.

Very political

This company is very political and has a lot of problems within its management team. No mentoring and a lot of bullying including the Human Resource Dept. No sense of team or striving to improve. Lots of overtime billed to clients and no work being accomplished

Pros

Cons

Bullying and no policies in place

Great people and mentors

I had great mentors there and made a few friends. For a summer engineering job, I got quite a bit of responsibility and learned things I never would have. However, I had started there during they're slow season and the reputation that the main office in Montreal got didn't help either.

Jobs at SNC-Lavalin

in Edmonton, AB
See more jobs

Great team

I was responsible for clearing up the aging list that contained multiple million dollar invoices. I had a great team working with me. We exceed expectation by reducing the total aging report to under a million dollars.

Aaaaaaaa

Enjoyed my in this company. Salary and benefits are good. Work environment was excellent. Recent news in media about the company affected the business.

Senior Lead Piping Designer

• TransCanada Pipeline Ltd. Keystone Pipeline Phase I, Expansion - Detail Engineering Design Project, (Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Illinois – US) – As a Piping Lead responsible for 39 stations holds removal, as a Senior Piping Designer responsible for two trap sites design and whole pipeline line fill piping design. As a checker responsible for expansion stations drawing’s checking.

good place to work...but darn boss was a Dolphins fan! from da bears!

hey pretty good place to work, lots of flexibility. Only one issue, darn boss was a Miami Dolphins fan! You know who you are PHISH, admit it! will finish you in 1st round of fanyasty football! da bears have spoken!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SNC-Lavalin. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement

Compare SNC-Lavalin with

• SNC-Lavalin
  • Edmonton, AB
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?