SNC-Lavalin logo
Happiness score is 83 out of 100High

SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Found 121 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,460 reviews

Friendly workplace

SNC-Lavalin Calgary office was a well managed one. Employees worked in a friendly environment and can receive necessary support from management tean. I enjoyed working there.

Not a Place to work

Lots of back stabbing and poor management practice especially at management level. Principal engineer and the management team wasn't that supportive. You will need to find your own work to survive. Unless you have enough work to take with you, this is not the place. Lots of politics - if you are good at kissing a**ses. still not vey ethical.

Over worked most of the time

Great coworkers in Calgary but upper management in Edmonton were out of touch. Very long hours as they tried to maximize the time spent out of the office. Loved what I did, just didn't like the bureaucracy behind the scenes.

Pros

Great staff

Cons

Extremely over worked at times, can be very stressful

Profesional environment and competitive.

It is what is expected of an Engineering firm. You only are safe if the company has projects. The company pay relocation and give good layout severance. The environment is as good as the people in your project. I made good friends and have good time at SNC Lavalin T & D.

Pros

Salary and benefits

Cons

Security

Workplace culture was like family

Excellent place to work and gain professional knowledge in broad spectrum of industry like Oil and Gas, Mining, Infrastructures in various continents. Enjoyed working wit Multi cultural teams...

Pros

Many

Cons

Nil

Calgary office Was good but dealing with Montreal was not fun

There was a great deal of competent experienced people working at SNC Calgary office. Montreal was difficult to deal with and had many incompetent people in Management positions that were ill suited for their roles. This created many stresses and wasted time with meetings. Benefit package was good, Salary was good.

Fast paced with Work life balance

Good company to work in fast paced environment with work life balance. Lot of learning sessions and training opportunities. Management was friendly and very cooperative.

Stressful

Stressful environment with less benefits just like the current market conditions People are trying to take credit and show off on the expense of other colleagues

good

It is a good company, you have many professional colleagues. The management team is excellent. You always get help from your team members. You will get valuable experiences

My delivery and productivity in the assigned objectives were successful and supported by management.

In my mind, I accomplished a uniformity of the project quality level and good closure of projects, the level of client satisfaction clients and the internal protocol or method of implementing the quality management system.

Jobs at SNC-Lavalin

in Calgary, AB
See more jobs

Productive and successful projects deliverables as per project needs.

Productive work environment with multicultural work force and lot of knowledge and experience in particular in oil and gas sector. Sharing good values and respect between managers and collogues.

Pros

Free launches sometimes.

Cons

Not continus wroking hours.

Decent wage and benefits

Depending on the Business Unit you work in depends on the quality management and the amount of projects coming in. Wages and benefits are good. 37.5 hour workweek.

Productive and learned a lot

Working with SNC Lavalin gave me confident to do my job on my own. The company is one of the best company that I have work with and I learned a lot to the company.

Great Place to Gain Process Engineering EPC Experience

* Process Design Tools and Software are abundant * Project and Department Managers are considerate * Well Developed Projects Management System * Variety of Local and International Projects

Pros

Great Place to work for

Good Place to work

SNC-Lavalin was a good place to work but the job work/life balance was not balanced. Very long hours to complete projects. Keen on employee's improving their skills.

Pros

Respectful Management

Cons

Worked very long hours

Excellent team & organization

It was a pleasure to work for SNC. I enjoyed passing on what I have learned. Leading recruitment locally and internationally was an incredible experience. Great organization!

Largest Canadian Engineering Company.

The project team was hand picked by the client. Atmosphere was not very good because of conflicting standards between client and engineering company, leading to major conflict.

Pros

Great and knowledgeable client

Cons

Poor Project management

the employee were helpful

Its a good company and the benefits for the employee are better than the other companies that I dealt with. The employees are helpful and focused on their job.

The daily routine changed constantly you were always on the go and very busy..Pay was great. The more responsibilities you were given the more pay your received.Management was ok. They listened and had your back when needed most of the time.\I worked mostly by myself but made great friends with the clientele I worked work.

Pros

trust and freedom. paid overtime when required.

Cons

a third party contractor, your contract could end at anytime

very strict

usual fed. govt. facility need tons of paperwork to get things done. but great place to work if you dont mind the safety requirements. must be done. again easy to get to work by train.

Great company

It's a great multi-culture company with many good people. I was very thankful for being given the opportunities to grow in the company. I would like to work for this company again if there is a chance in the future.

Pros

Flexible work hours

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SNC-Lavalin. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement