SNC-Lavalin

Canada710 reviews

Found 710 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,566 reviews
lavalinsnclavalinprojectengineeringmontrealminingepccanadian

Good people around

Good place to work. Lot to learn,empowerment, managers are open for consultation and assistance when encountering issues involving tenants complaints.

Pros

No comment

Cons

No comment

Run Far Away from 401 Hanlan

Unless you culturally align with the people you are working with run in the opposite direction. Otherwise you’ll work the hardest and get paid the least and when it’s time to allocate raises it goes to the managers friends and people of similar background and not the ones who actually worked to make the company money.

Insights into SNC-Lavalin

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging

Long days,heavy work load,bad management

A happy hive makes more honey!! Lavalin managedment acted like wasps!! No concept of how to run a team or how to work together!! All about the power of title!! Therefore made an unpleasant atmosphere for all.

Pros

Beautiful Camp, great gum . activities, food was like nothing I've ever seen!!, Medical facilities and staff were great., Transportation provision was spot on.

Cons

Long hrs, outrageous work load, bad management!!

Great Company

Excellent salary, good benefit, healthy and multicultural work environment, very good work-life balance , free PPE, social gathering, well managed during Covid,

Productive and fun workplace would love to work with them again.

A very good company to work at/with. Had so much fun gained so much experience in a short period of time. Managers and the supervisors were very professional and very helpful. Good packages. The management team was very knowledgeable and organized overall they knew their job.

Pros

Free lunch. Good comfortable rooms and bedding

Cons

A company with a heart to all employee

A lot of opportunities for personal growth. But must be entitle to receive a right compensation for the right job. But over allIts good to work here at SNC Lavalin

Closed and regressive

The clique mentality is deplorable. I’d recommend looking elsewhere for rewarding employment. Condescension, sarcasm and ridicule are the management tactics I met with. Looking down from their self aggrandized ivory towers, belittling and manipulation. Toxic narcissism is how best to describe the mgmt.

Pros

Regular pay

Cons

Give up your self esteem

Don’t go work there

Management is detached, and old style autocraty Personal success is impeded by the offshore outsourcing of development and support workHighly siloed and departmental divisions, with a lack of vision (or the communication of it in any cases)

Pros

Downtown offices is nice, pay is good

Cons

Inefficient, highly political workplace.

Au delà de mes attentes

Une entreprise qui fait vivre ses valeurs: sécurité, intégrité, collaboration, innovation. Des employés professionnels, engagé dans un environnement de travail moderne et respectueux. L'équipe est très collaborative et l'équipe de gestion bienveillante.

Good workplace

Good place to work and good pay, but it may be layoffs when it short of work or projects.Good management and friendly coworker. I may consider to come back if I have a chance.

All around awful

The construction industry has been broken at a fundamental level for quite some time now, so no one should be looking to spend a single second being stuck in this career path. Sometimes you may have to take time off because there will be nothing to do, other times you'll be swamped for months on end. Extremely poor work/life balance with barely any rewarding pay. The work itself is also uninteresting with barely any intellectual challenging aspects.As for the company itself, SNC-Lavalin is one of the worst ones. It has rightfully earned its poor reputation and whole at a face level they seem to care about their employees somewhat, you can be assured they are as soulless and evil as every other large corporation out there. The head offices will meddle with the affairs with smaller offices (such as laying off people without understanding the intricacies of the office where these people worked in), will not handle "human resource" manners properly, and just is all around a cold, heartless place to work in. That's corporate "culture" for you I suppose.tl;dr - STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS

When i worked in snc lavalin at Montréal office it was so wonderful i learnt a lot of new things and i was involved in big projects this pemit me to learn many things

Une compagnie humaine et à l’écoute de c’est employé

Si vous avez la chance de pouvoir travailler pour SNC Lavalin je vous le recommande chaudement de plus si vous vous démarquer dans votre travail vous allez donne-moi la chance d’aller travailler internationalement

Environnement de travail productive

j'ai un baccalauréat en génie civil de la construction et du transport, j'ai plus de 20 ans d'expérience dans la gestion de contrats et de projets pour faire de suive de chantiers, planification, estimation, relève de quantité et qualité de service, contrôle de coût, contenu et échéanciers.

Perfectly balanced professional-personal time

Always ready to support new endeavours, open minded and ready to support-further your training. Productive work environment where safety has been made a priority.

Productive and fun workplace

I truly appreciate all the skills and opportunities this office has provided me. I would like to express my sincere thanks for the continuous support, advice, and inspiration during my tenure of work. I have learned many valuable things from my seniors, supervisors, and colleagues so, I am always grateful to them for their continuous help and support. I will miss all of them around the office and my colleagues. I really enjoined working together with all of them. I wish to work in this company again if I get any suitable position in the future. I would like to wish the whole entire team continuous success as well as the continuous growth of the SNC Lavalin company.

Great workplace but with Job insecurity

Good learning place and collaborative work environment. However Job is only secure as long as company has projects. Overall great place to work with good work- life balance

environnement de travaille agréable

chez snc -lavalin jai beaucoup appris et je leur dois ma carrière parce que grâce a eux que Jai eu une bonne formation

Nice place to work but really busy

Very nice people, professional team, great benefits and perks. Salary higher than average pay. Lots of work!! Need to spend lots of your own to accommodate the work load.

Great place to work And met many life long friends. Learnt many new technologies. Took on various roles and had training. Work life balance improved over time.

Environnement de travail pénible.

Entreprise à éviter. Tous mes collègues sans exception se plaignaient de la façon dont l’entreprise fonctionne. Aucun respect pour leurs employés.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SNC-Lavalin. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement