SNC-Lavalin

SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews

SNC-Lavalin Calgary office was a well managed one. Employees worked in a friendly environment and can receive necessary support from management tean. I enjoyed working there.
Demande beaucoup d autonomie et de capacité d adaptation beaucoup de formation fournie
Management was a double standard in the interview was mentioned that on occassion I could work from home then when I did during the snow fall I was told that I was not allowed to be doing that only other employees were allowed
online library to take your work to the next level.large international scope, options for working outside of the country.great and caring HR. worked through a very dark time in my life.
Pros
awesome culture
Cons
easy to get lost in the crowd.
Great opportunities and possibilities to growth. Covid has put a dent to the experience as most managers now think that because you are working from home you can work 24/7. But other than that great place to work.
Pros
Career growth
Cons
Project directors
Expertise et la passion donne le goĂ»t de se dĂ©passer.On vous donne le goĂ»t d’aimer ce que vous faites en se basant sur la formation des paires.
Pros
Encadrement et collaboration
Cons
Trop gros pour certains
Great coworkers in Calgary but upper management in Edmonton were out of touch. Very long hours as they tried to maximize the time spent out of the office. Loved what I did, just didn't like the bureaucracy behind the scenes.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Extremely over worked at times, can be very stressful
I worked there for 6 years. I would do it again. Friendly intelligent people, great work atmosphere, food and lodging taken care of, gym to work out, games room. Lots to do.
Pros
Room and food in camp when working
Cons
Had 3 in 1 out, got switched 2 in 2 out. I missed the 3 in 1 out.
As long as there are projects great place to work, but if not....Multiple interesting assignments availableInternational opportunities if inferested.Nice office location in Vancouver
Pros
RRSP matching, Share matching
Cons
No free parking for non managerail staff downtown Vancouver
Unless you have the credentials and drive to climb the management ladder, you should probably give this a pass. If you just want your steady job and your secure place as a team member without getting into the corporate cultural race (because your life is more than your job), there are much better places for you than SNC. You are always expendable at SNC.
Typical day at start was drive around fixing guardrails with others.Workplace culture was terrible. employees were unprofessional at times. Especially certain worker who belittle me and gave hard time for being new.Pay was great and having 3 days off was good. on-call 24/7
Pros
Money/Benefits
Cons
Work abuse
One of the best engineering company but senior management for Oil and Gas is especially in Canada is not showing interest, what they learned is not adopted. They favour some team mates instead of accepting them...
Cons
Too much stress
It is what is expected of an Engineering firm. You only are safe if the company has projects. The company pay relocation and give good layout severance. The environment is as good as the people in your project. I made good friends and have good time at SNC Lavalin T & D.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Security
90% of the employee are spending 5-6 hrs./day in office rumours, politics, back stabbing.A typical day at work includes 50% doing other peoples job.Avoid unless you are starving.
I had a wonderful experience with the company and I would recommend working with them. Should the opportunity come up for me again I would not hesitate to join SNC again. Thank you for the wonderful experience!!
Worked with multi-disciplinary team designing construction work packages from conception stage to the detailed engineering, and construction stage. On-site work is also done in field visits, and confirmation of equipment.
Pros
Many projects to work on.
Cons
Sometimes long hours.
A great company to for , if was asked to work the company again would be there in a heartbeat if you need any training they would help you with that ! Great people and where safety is number one!
Pros
Good wage, shows respect to the workers
Highly challenging and competitive environment with attention to details in execution of projects with a aim in pleasing their clientele a top priority.
Pros
Excellent support in all areas.
Cons
Deadline oriented.
Employment is typically contract, so when the contract ends your position might end too. The company has a good training program and can be a fun place to work. You could however end up on a team with difficult management. If you end up on a team like that don’t expect to get anywhere, that type of team environment is strictly who you know not what you know. Not all teams are that way, but many are. This industry is project based so you could wind up unemployed once projects are completed.
Pros
Paid education, decent benefits.
Cons
Could have long hours. Project is done so are you. Some horrific management.
staff was friendly work was great was nice to make good money while I was there. was a good learning experience. nice atmosphere. the training was great learned a lot of stuff.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Excellent place to work and gain professional knowledge in broad spectrum of industry like Oil and Gas, Mining, Infrastructures in various continents. Enjoyed working wit Multi cultural teams...
Pros
Many
Cons
Nil
  1. Employee reviews