SNC-Lavalin
Happiness score is 82 out of 100

SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,471 reviews

It was a excellent company to work for.

First to check any alarms on computor,check all mechanical and electrical rooms,do preventive maint. Thru-out the bld.Learnt bld. Automation and more computor skills.Management was very good and helpful.The workplace was very enjoyable.The job was a little difficult untill I learnt the bld.

Pros

Good pay and management

Cons

Long hours on call

Un atmosphere de travail toxique et hypocrite.

Ils sont hypocrite et l'atmosphère de travail est toxiques.

Pros

Il y a du thé David The

Cons

Aucun encadrememt

Treated really well

Great place to work for Contract work so you got a per every 3 months.Keep your nose clean and d what asked and you are treated fairly.Paid flights in and out as were perdiems

Unfair job advancement

I worked at at SNC for 6 years and each year my responsibilities grew, but my salary was not matched to my workload. Others in the same business line as I were doing less and getting paid much more. The companies rational was that I wasn't a "trained" Admin Assistant, yet I was doing everything that was expected of one and my Supervisors were happy.Unfortunately, the feedback from my Supervisors was not considered in my advancement; only what the Lead Manager of the Admins.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Unfair rating system. You work for one supervisor, but your ranking as d development is determined by the Performance Manager, who was not at all professional.

Good company to work

My tenure there was good, with supportive management and team. Most of works are based on project. Last project, I worked with wonderful team.

Company is very good

Company is very good,only the management ,managers are taking commission for man power in salalah project ,it is unethical being in such a good company ,they should not do this,getting their own team who lacks experience in oil and gas field.snc lavalin top level has closed there eyes,they are unawrae of all this doings.this corrupted managers need to be expelled from site immeditely

Pros

good work experience and team

Cons

mangement itslef inexperienced and taking money from manpower supplier

Great

Great! This is a great company to work for. They provide great training. Also, they are very accommodating to their staff members. Overall, just a great company.

Professionalism, great organizational culture and multicultural advantage

Great company for ethical and professional grooming. Exposure to multiple disciplines for well rounded learning and skill acquisition. One of the tier-1 global engineering consulting firm.

Empresa com ótimo ambiente para se trabalhar.

- depois de mais de des anos pleiteando uma vaga na empresa consegui minha oportunidade, para desenvolver meu potencial na área de desenho e projeto. Na SNCLavalin posso dar sequência a minha carreira.

Pros

ticket refeição/Alimentação

Cons

Salário

Very open and approachable staff and management

Had it not been for the Covid Lockdown that started on 27 March 2020, I would still be working there. By far my best working environment I entered. The entire staff and management were very approachable and helpful. Given the opportunity, I would go back in the blink of an eye because the opportunities there, are endless. The working hours are very convenient and the site is very easily accessible via public transport

Pros

Friendly. Professional. On time delivery

Cons

Only negatuve is that you can get EOC'd at anytime depending on workload

Jobs at SNC-Lavalin

See more jobs

Asignación de Grandes retos, Grandes responsabilidades y consecuentemente, Desarrollo profesional.

Experiencia formidable en lo humano, lo profesional y lo familiar..!

Pros

Estatus y Responsabilidades en el trabajo asignado.

Cons

Superpoblación de áreas de oficinas.

Not a Place to work

Lots of back stabbing and poor management practice especially at management level. Principal engineer and the management team wasn't that supportive. You will need to find your own work to survive. Unless you have enough work to take with you, this is not the place. Lots of politics - if you are good at kissing a**ses. still not vey ethical.

Découragée par les restructurations

c'est ma 2ème mise à pied, à chaque fois ils recrutent des employés pour but de restructurer et sois disant améliorer la situation, c'est les mises à pieds qui commencent. Les gens compétents pas compétents dehors.Puis voici le changement apporté! nous avons fait le ménage...

Pros

Apprentissage en milieu de travail

Cons

Réorganisation pour un oui ou pour un non

Great environment to work in but

But... it shouldn't have rules that allow friends to say negative comments to each other. But if your friend chooses a week later that he wants you off the job. All he has to do is complain and they will fire you. Do to there zero tolerance rules. The other person should be fired as well and or both be sent away with a warning. Considering they were in agreement to start the way they talk and only others can complain about what the two people say. Rules are rules and there toughest at scn. They don't match today's changes and acceptance we have today.

Pros

Free food. Rooms.

Cons

Find a place to live 10 days of every month.. suggesting vacation package

Friendly environment

Prepare my coffee, read my E-mails, voice mail, and check outlook calendar for meeting appointments for the day then I continue working with my projects.At the end of the day I used to leave remainder notes on each project that I was working on.

Pros

free breakfast every Wednesday, and on weekends too, and lunch and learn every month.

Cons

we could not eat our breakfast at the cafeteria. Prohibited.

Very good company

I have worked in SNC during revolution in Libya (2010-2011). Company had been very good organized so we were continuously protected. To the end of the story, we were evacuated to Tunisia.

Pros

extra money for food

Cons

Lunch time

Friendly workplace

SNC-Lavalin Calgary office was a well managed one. Employees worked in a friendly environment and can receive necessary support from management tean. I enjoyed working there.

Joyfull, table tinnes and productive

I am responsible for overseeing my teams as they progress on various advertising campaigns. I check in and help them with any issues they may be having such as doing mock-ups or securing rights to songs.Listening and Reading Aren’t the Best Ways to Learn. When you are trying to learn and recall, the conducting or supervising of something,attracts talent, drives engagement, impacts happiness and satisfaction, and affects performance. On a personal level I feel that finding enough time to spend with friends and family is the hardest part of my job, when I'm able to automate or document a process that is repeatable and can be followed by anyone else in my team

Pros

free food and accumodation and vehicle

Cons

constantly time management

team work and some employee share his knowledge of other skill.

i like to share my expirience to work in snc lavalin profact management in doha,qatar.all employee here is team work and sharing the skill we have learn.

Pros

have meal allowance

Cons

company prviding healthcard

Unprofessional Senior Management

From day one it was very obvious that the senior management were unprofessional and difficult to work with. If you were not within their Purple Circle you were treated with complete disrespect. They were a group of people looking after themselves at the expense of the Company and the staff. The Senior management went out of their way to get as many perks as possible with no care for the company or the employees.

Pros

Cons

No Leadership only greed at the Senior Management level.

SNC-Lavalin pay reasonable but the management of SNC Lavalin ZF of Saudi Arabia are not fair.

I was working under supervisor & he was good and like my work but my senior team member (Project Manager) was not fair. Hire management have taken unfair decision without discussion with my supervisor.

Pros

personnal

Cons

personnal

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SNC-Lavalin. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement

Compare SNC-Lavalin with

• SNC-Lavalin
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?