SNC-Lavalin

SNC-Lavalin

SNC-Lavalin Employee Review

Unfair job advancement

I worked at at SNC for 6 years and each year my responsibilities grew, but my salary was not matched to my workload. Others in the same business line as I were doing less and getting paid much more. The companies rational was that I wasn't a "trained" Admin Assistant, yet I was doing everything that was expected of one and my Supervisors were happy.Unfortunately, the feedback from my Supervisors was not considered in my advancement; only what the Lead Manager of the Admins.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Unfair rating system. You work for one supervisor, but your ranking as d development is determined by the Performance Manager, who was not at all professional.

2.0Job security/advancement

They take advantage

They kept me on contract for two years without having to pay me above min. Wage even though I was promoted. The last year I was there, it was every three months a renewed contract and then it went to 1 month at a time until they sold our division to Brookfield.

It was a job

I did my job. Ups and downs like every where else. Good people, bad situations made for a lack of projects which made it hard on everybody. It used to be a fun place to work.

Administrative Assistant Prior Position

I loved working for this company who focused on customer satisfaction while always adhering to safety work practices.Good atmosphere, excellent communication with upper management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SNC-Lavalin. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement