SNC-Lavalin

Canada691 reviews

Found 691 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,528 reviews
lavalinsnclavalinprojectengineeringmontrealminingepccanadian

Perfectly balanced professional-personal time

Always ready to support new endeavours, open minded and ready to support-further your training. Productive work environment where safety has been made a priority.

Environnement de travail productive

j'ai un baccalauréat en génie civil de la construction et du transport, j'ai plus de 20 ans d'expérience dans la gestion de contrats et de projets pour faire de suive de chantiers, planification, estimation, relève de quantité et qualité de service, contrôle de coût, contenu et échéanciers.

Insights into SNC-Lavalin

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things

Productive and fun workplace

I truly appreciate all the skills and opportunities this office has provided me. I would like to express my sincere thanks for the continuous support, advice, and inspiration during my tenure of work. I have learned many valuable things from my seniors, supervisors, and colleagues so, I am always grateful to them for their continuous help and support. I will miss all of them around the office and my colleagues. I really enjoined working together with all of them. I wish to work in this company again if I get any suitable position in the future. I would like to wish the whole entire team continuous success as well as the continuous growth of the SNC Lavalin company.

Great workplace but with Job insecurity

Good learning place and collaborative work environment. However Job is only secure as long as company has projects. Overall great place to work with good work- life balance

environnement de travaille agréable

chez snc -lavalin jai beaucoup appris et je leur dois ma carrière parce que grâce a eux que Jai eu une bonne formation

Nice place to work but really busy

Very nice people, professional team, great benefits and perks. Salary higher than average pay. Lots of work!! Need to spend lots of your own to accommodate the work load.

Great place to work And met many life long friends. Learnt many new technologies. Took on various roles and had training. Work life balance improved over time.

Environnement de travail pénible.

Entreprise à éviter. Tous mes collègues sans exception se plaignaient de la façon dont l’entreprise fonctionne. Aucun respect pour leurs employés.

Engineering Review

Worked for Oil and gas division in Calgary. Division now sold. I found it too political and lots of rule breaking. Compensation was low even if you had good experience.

Pros

3 weeks vacation

Cons

Favourtism and low wages

Just another number

Managment often threatened lay offs.Very bad organization. So many things get built 2 to 5 times.They paid well though if you can deal with the bs but probably couldn't pay me enough to go back.

Put more emphases on the engineers

If you are looking for engineering job, they offer very interesting project all over the world. But if you are looking to work in the administrative part of the company, they do not put as much care on you.

Environnement

Ardu.

good company in general

good benefits, good work-balance life, and very flexibleIt is a good place to work, culture of work is good. Management is really fantastic. Excellent growth opportunities and a safe fun place to work, efforts were appreciated.They invest on you, help you to take courses and reimburse part of your tuition.

Best company structure

I am currently working here and it is fun some times and sometimes there are lots of problem due to poor management . It could be better if we have better people

It is a good place to work, culture of work is good. They will not pay you if you work more than 40 hours per week. Management is really fantastic.They have good benefits for health.

Awful toxic place to work

No one will support you in learning and then they expect you to know everything. Very weak leadership at all levels from director to seniors. People progress based on hidden relationships and not based on requirements. One advice, don't work there.

Pros

If you like cheap gatherings on the floor it's your place.

Cons

Toxic culture

It is a good company to work for

Overall it is a good company to work for compared to other companies.Their a room to grow in your career opportunities if your performance is observed by senior management

Pros

Good work environment

Cons

Fast paced

Great please to learn and work

Great please to start learn and work and make friends. Managers are good but hard to move up in the company. Just keep your head down and do your job.

Pros

Great people

Cons

Raises are low

Uncaring biased place to work.

Rude un professional managers. It was good until the mgmt team from white rose showed up. Only people from NFL. were promoted and given LOA. Unprofessional at best incompetent at worst.Downhill after that.

Pros

Some very good people to work with

Cons

Poor field managers. Favoritism.

Excellent management and cooperation, very good teamwork

Was excellent with good growth opportunities and a safe fun place to work, efforts were appreciated. Saddest day was when SNC sold the facilities management division to BGIS.

I do not regret a second working at SNC. I will be forever grateful for giving me the opportunity to kick off my career.

amazing people and amazing environment. I recommend anyone who wants to work in the consultant industry to give SNC-Lavalin a try.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SNC-Lavalin. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement