SNC-Lavalin Employee Reviews

great place
Corporate Travel agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 February 2018
Working at SNC Lavalin for so many years was great.
My job as the Corporate travel agent was a very channeling position.

But I loved it. the people were great. the management good.

Would I work there again if given the change, Yes.
Project Management
Project Management (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 February 2018
I would say, that IT Project Management within the company is extremely poor from all levels compare to Project Management Market:

1. No tools
2. Mirco Management
3. poor Knowledge in Project Management
4. Not Organized

I highly don't recommend to join Project management IT
Pros
Great people to meet
Cons
Mirco Management, Poor Project Management Tools, Poor Structure
Possibilité de carrière
Directeur Qualité (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 January 2018
Des personnes très compétentes qui ont plusieurs années d'expériences
Productive, cooperative environment and recommendable company.
Sr. Piping Engineering Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2018
Working with the company on different projects doing mostly stress analysis on friend-working environment. Everybody is cooperative with regards to input to the necessary engineering information and jointly completed the design and engineering on each project on specified time schedule.
The over-all rating of the company is very excellent and recommendable with better management and best benefits to the employees.
The working culture is well organized and technically meeting the international code of conduct focused to company goal.
I learned and shared my experience on stress analysis especially the dynamic analysis on critical piping system.
Pros
Free Snack - Coffee
Cons
Long hours and with every Friday off and can save extra works to pay for losses.
environnement de travail agréable
comptes payables (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 January 2018
environnement de travail agréable et un bon esprit d'équipe.
Chance of a lifetime!
Vehicle Inspector (Former Employee) –  NATO MILITARY BASE16 January 2018
Working overseas opens your eyes and broadens your horizons.
It was an honor to work along with and beside the peacekeepers
of Nato.
Hardest part of the job was to leave the local employees after the contract ended.
Global company with local investment
Document Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON4 January 2018
What I enjoyed most about my time with SNC-Lavalin was the feeling of contributing to the growth of my city's construction and engineering industries. I liked playing a role in making sure new construction was done well, done safely, and done on time.
A less than ordinary job
Guest services attendant (Former Employee) –  fort mcmurray Canada18 December 2017
Management wasn't the most reliable. The pay was good, but not worth all the time spent away from home and your family. The most enjoyable part of the job was the Camp itself - forming relationships with fellow colleagues and activities outside of work.
Pros
free food
Productive and fun
Carpenter's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC11 December 2017
I am fully satisfied with my expereince as an assistant carpenter in the project, i know the safety rules and how to complete the job in a given task with a time alotted for me. My supervisors are good to do their instructions given to me.
Exister c'est insister
Chargée de communication (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 December 2017
Évolution difficile, pression énorme, évolution salariale seulement sous la menace d'une démission
Overrated
Technician (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON2 December 2017
I am pretty sure if you are looking for something better than you do right now, this is not the place you wanna work. Moreover, you'll end up making less money than you do right now.
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 November 2017
Everyday is different depending on the project, but there were always good opportunities to learn and room to grow.

The enviroment is friendly, people spend their time in getting things done as a team, When suggesting different ways of doing things, suggestions are considered in a respectful way.

Fare compensation and benefits
There is alot of room to grow but there is so much of a heavy poitacl feel in the work environment.
Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2017
There is a great opportunity to learn however the environment is very competitive and cut-throat. I had great manager in my team but upper management was not always looking out for the team and this left a level of mistrust.
Pros
One has ample opportunity to learn.
Cons
Long hours very little gratitude for your great efforts.
Great Work Environment
Health, Safety, Security and Emergency Response (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL20 November 2017
My experience there was very rewarding. I had strong leadership and great support to execute my role. I was well mentored and given opportunity to shadow my leadership to prepare for the next level in my career.
Great work atmosphere
Supervisor, Engineering Assistants (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 November 2017
SNC had a great work atmosphere. Loved going in to work and interacting with my coworkers every day. It was easy to move up the company if you had a little initiative.
Too long ago to remember
Project Buyer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 November 2017
It was ages ago since I worked here. I barely remember it. It was fine enough while I was there, but I cannot provide any specifics. I remember I had a workaholic as a boss, which stressed me out a bit.
Pros
Can't recall
Cons
Can't recall
Ce fût une belle expérience
Analyste réseau et télécommunications NOC (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 November 2017
J'aurais resté à cette entreprise s'il n'y avait pas eu d'impartition des services TI
Pros
Ambiance et professionalisme
Beautiful Camp
Head Chief/Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 October 2017
This company had it all, well managed, very clean, staff and ownership just awesome. Rooms, rec rooms, kitchen and dinning room outstanding. Just wished they did not move back to Quebec.
Pros
rec room and camp rooms
Cons
no cons here
Very fast paced competitive work environment in winning projects on an international competitive basis
Proposals/Business/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 October 2017
As proposals manager directed a team of professionals in preparing winning proposals meeting the potential clients requirement. Established winning strategies and plans for successful execution. Prepared presentations to clients senior executives. Provided the business, engineering & technology and operating experience for project proposals. Management culture was 100% delegation as long as project contracts were won and successfully executed. The hardest part of the job was to meet unrealistic deadlines on proposals. The most enjoyable part was to win and execute projects successfully.
Pros
Good salary & benefits and challenging environment
Cons
Lack of management support on ethics
Depending on project sites, SNC-Lavalin always provide best offices environment
Finance and Administration Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 October 2017
Working on project sites is very stimulating, hard and very demanding. Despite the work load, the management and the team work combined make the experience unique. the success of a project relies on the management quality and each employee.
SNC-Lavalin experience has been great and had the chance to meet many people from across the world, very friendly environment.
Pros
free lunches, social activities
Cons
on project, long hours are often

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SNC-Lavalin. Our community is ready to answer.