Snap Fitness Employee Reviews

Strange
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC7 February 2019
was a strange place to work. people were friendly enough, but pushing memberships to people who didn't need it just wasn't my thing. If your goal is to actually help people get fit i don't know if this is it
High Energy Job
Owner Operator // Edmonton, AB (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 October 2018
I am an Owner/Operator of three Snap Fitness locations and Two 9Round locations. Both Franchises are very rewarding however due to personal issues I am currently in search of a new Job.
Fantastic management and enjoyable atmosphere
Yoga Instructor (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON28 September 2018
Poorly managed at a franchise level but locally well run as a fitness institution. The trainers operate at a very professional level. Always clean and friendly. The owners dog is great.
Pay withheld and overal very poor treatment of employees
Manager (Former Employee) –  sherwood park, alberta17 September 2018
Our owner hardly showed up, wouldn't pay on time ever, mistreated employees, we ran out of supplies all the time and would have to pay out of pocket to have them replaced because he would never show up. He didn't pay the rent which did eventually lead to the facility being closed
Pros
the clients were lovely
Cons
everything else
Great place to work for trainers
Personal Trainer / Sales Consultant / PTD (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON15 May 2018
Typical day would be to at work and waiting for clients to show up for their timeslot to train.

Alot of freedom at Snap Fitness in regards to how many hours you want to work. Unlimited working hours , more you work the more you make.

Salary is depending on the agreement with the owner. Small gyms like these pay out to trainers more than corporate gyms.
Management issue
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 April 2018
the managers were unprofessional and claimed bankrupt without notice. as a part time student in nursing this is an issue as I was left without a job. and nothing to jump to next.
Pros
workout
Cons
no job
Great place to work if your into fitness
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 April 2018
This was a great part time job for me because I was in school at the time. I learned what it took to take care of a small business and how to interact with customers. I was responsible for signing customers up for memberships and making sure the gym was clean.

Interacting with customers and clients was the best part of the job, especially if your a sociable person.
Pros
Being able to use the gym
Cons
Tedious cleaning tasks
all about sales
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 March 2018
you see alot of staff come and go. its very sales driven, no paid sick time or benefits unless you are management, vacation is paid out every cheque, cleaning duties are hard to predict due to being open 24 hours.
simply not the place
trainer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 January 2018
only location for a reason, ownership is brutal and just simply does not care about anyone just himself. Hard working for someone who has no fitness background.
Pros
pay was not bad but always an issue
Cons
pay
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2018
Owners are great to work for. The gym environment is always fun to be in as well as motivating. Always new people to talk to, and always some sort of job to do.
Pros
Great employers
Cons
Some customers
Great work environment.
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, AB22 January 2018
Very inspiring for motivating a healthy and active lifestyle . The clients and supervisors very friendly and supportive . I was very happy with everyone involved clients and co workers able to be very productive in my job.
Productive and fun place to work
Owner; Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 January 2018
Great place to work, great owner, staff, and members who train at these facilities. Flexible hours and awesome moral, is a complete joy to come into work everyday.
Members were great
Front Desk Receptionist & Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Vegreville, AB19 December 2017
enjoyed going to work to see the members as well as new ones. always happy to help those who needed it. Just wouldn't personal train and work desk again together.
Pros
relax and laid bac
Cons
prefer not to say
fun work place an nice environment
customer services and some time to clean the place (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 October 2017
i learned may skills at snap fitness since i was willing and i was one of the team member for two month i improve on my communication skill and selling member ships and to give new people the information about our gym
Good environment, but poor management
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC23 April 2017
Snap Fitness was a nice environment to work in. As I'm involved in fitness life I felt comfortable with assisting and helping gym members. A typical day would be cleaning the equipment every hour or so and doing laundry for towels, etc. I would call customers who owe payments and start up new customers with memberships. I learned a lot of people skills doing this job. Management was poor as we had a lot of broken equipment and complaints from customers. We did not have a reliable computer system and there were a lot of mess ups. The hardest part of the job was managing the computer system and making sure you are putting in people's financial information correctly so it would not leave to further issues. The most enjoyable part of the job was connecting with customers and helping others out around the gym.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
not enough hours
Snap Review
Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Vernon, BC1 April 2017
I learned alot about what it takes to work with the public. You get lots of different work skills and the hours are really flexable (within reason). The members are really friendly and great people to work with.
Pros
The gym
Unpredictable and unstable management but positive environment
Front Desk Staff (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 March 2017
This was an interesting experience that expanded my knowledge of computer programs in regards to gym memberships and advanced my understanding of day to day business interactions. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people. Its hard as my co-workers and the members of the gym have become my family. I actually spent more time at work than I did at home. The hardest part was management. Management was immature, lacked professionalism, and had terrible organization in regards to business processes.
Pros
Amazing customers, wonderful co-workers
Cons
terrible management, tasks assigned outside job description
calm and peaceful working environment
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 January 2017
- good salary
- not bad management
- very good customers
- not busy working place
- far from home
- does not include break time
- close bus station
Pros
free empleyee member
Cons
long shift no break
Easy Going
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON28 October 2016
Great place to work as it was easy to maintain a work-life balance. I would recommend it as you are able to see people helping themselves to be and stay healthy.
Drive, Passion & Hard Work
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 May 2016
Fitness is my hobby. I am looking for an opportunity of personal advancement and challenges. Over the past 9 years I have devoted my time to excelling at whatever I do.