Snap Fitness

Snap Fitness Employee Reviews

Canada38 reviews
To recruit and maintain clientele. Management can be difficult as there are no on-site owners or supervisors. Learned to think critically and creatively in order to develop business.
Great review, great workplace, good culture, great management, great advancement opportunities, good salary potential and rewarding system of renumeration
Pros
Flexibility
Nice gym to work out in, horrible place to work

Management is rarely there and is not a strong leader .

I would never recommend working here.

Pay sucked and they like to fire you for stupid reasons
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Crazy boss
The owner of the location was absent. Management left responsibility between all employees. Schedules were inconsistent with employees availability. Trained to provide bare minimum customer service.
Amazing staff to work with. Everyone was easy to get along with. The members were great! Some of the best managers and supervisors i have had the pleasure of working with!!
was a strange place to work. people were friendly enough, but pushing memberships to people who didn't need it just wasn't my thing. If your goal is to actually help people get fit i don't know if this is it
Best place I have ever worked. The owners encourage you to grow and give your best to the customers. They want everyone to be healthy mentally and phsyically. So in striving that way they train us to be the best. Getting to know the members of the club is beyond the most fun part. They are who make working there worth every minute.
I am an Owner/Operator of three Snap Fitness locations and Two 9Round locations. Both Franchises are very rewarding however due to personal issues I am currently in search of a new Job.
Poorly managed at a franchise level but locally well run as a fitness institution. The trainers operate at a very professional level. Always clean and friendly. The owners dog is great.
Our owner hardly showed up, wouldn't pay on time ever, mistreated employees, we ran out of supplies all the time and would have to pay out of pocket to have them replaced because he would never show up. He didn't pay the rent which did eventually lead to the facility being closed
Pros
the clients were lovely
Cons
everything else
Typical day would be to at work and waiting for clients to show up for their timeslot to train.

Alot of freedom at Snap Fitness in regards to how many hours you want to work. Unlimited working hours , more you work the more you make.

Salary is depending on the agreement with the owner. Small gyms like these pay out to trainers more than corporate gyms.
the managers were unprofessional and claimed bankrupt without notice. as a part time student in nursing this is an issue as I was left without a job. and nothing to jump to next.
Pros
workout
Cons
no job
This was a great part time job for me because I was in school at the time. I learned what it took to take care of a small business and how to interact with customers. I was responsible for signing customers up for memberships and making sure the gym was clean.

Interacting with customers and clients was the best part of the job, especially if your a sociable person.
Pros
Being able to use the gym
Cons
Tedious cleaning tasks
you see alot of staff come and go. its very sales driven, no paid sick time or benefits unless you are management, vacation is paid out every cheque, cleaning duties are hard to predict due to being open 24 hours.
only location for a reason, ownership is brutal and just simply does not care about anyone just himself. Hard working for someone who has no fitness background.
Pros
pay was not bad but always an issue
Cons
pay
Owners are great to work for. The gym environment is always fun to be in as well as motivating. Always new people to talk to, and always some sort of job to do.
Pros
Great employers
Cons
Some customers
Very inspiring for motivating a healthy and active lifestyle . The clients and supervisors very friendly and supportive . I was very happy with everyone involved clients and co workers able to be very productive in my job.
Great place to work, great owner, staff, and members who train at these facilities. Flexible hours and awesome moral, is a complete joy to come into work everyday.
enjoyed going to work to see the members as well as new ones. always happy to help those who needed it. Just wouldn't personal train and work desk again together.
Pros
relax and laid bac
Cons
prefer not to say
i learned may skills at snap fitness since i was willing and i was one of the team member for two month i improve on my communication skill and selling member ships and to give new people the information about our gym
Snap Fitness was a nice environment to work in. As I'm involved in fitness life I felt comfortable with assisting and helping gym members. A typical day would be cleaning the equipment every hour or so and doing laundry for towels, etc. I would call customers who owe payments and start up new customers with memberships. I learned a lot of people skills doing this job. Management was poor as we had a lot of broken equipment and complaints from customers. We did not have a reliable computer system and there were a lot of mess ups. The hardest part of the job was managing the computer system and making sure you are putting in people's financial information correctly so it would not leave to further issues. The most enjoyable part of the job was connecting with customers and helping others out around the gym.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
not enough hours