Snap Fitness Employee Reviews

Management issue
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 April 2018
the managers were unprofessional and claimed bankrupt without notice. as a part time student in nursing this is an issue as I was left without a job. and nothing to jump to next.
Pros
workout
Cons
no job
Great place to work if your into fitness
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 April 2018
This was a great part time job for me because I was in school at the time. I learned what it took to take care of a small business and how to interact with customers. I was responsible for signing customers up for memberships and making sure the gym was clean.

Interacting with customers and clients was the best part of the job, especially if your a sociable person.
Pros
Being able to use the gym
Cons
Tedious cleaning tasks
all about sales
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 March 2018
you see alot of staff come and go. its very sales driven, no paid sick time or benefits unless you are management, vacation is paid out every cheque, cleaning duties are hard to predict due to being open 24 hours.
simply not the place
trainer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 January 2018
only location for a reason, ownership is brutal and just simply does not care about anyone just himself. Hard working for someone who has no fitness background.
Pros
pay was not bad but always an issue
Cons
pay
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2018
Owners are great to work for. The gym environment is always fun to be in as well as motivating. Always new people to talk to, and always some sort of job to do.
Pros
Great employers
Cons
Some customers
Members were great
Front Desk Receptionist & Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Vegreville, AB19 December 2017
enjoyed going to work to see the members as well as new ones. always happy to help those who needed it. Just wouldn't personal train and work desk again together.
Pros
relax and laid bac
Cons
prefer not to say
fun work place an nice environment
customer services and some time to clean the place (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 October 2017
i learned may skills at snap fitness since i was willing and i was one of the team member for two month i improve on my communication skill and selling member ships and to give new people the information about our gym
Good environment, but poor management
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC23 April 2017
Snap Fitness was a nice environment to work in. As I'm involved in fitness life I felt comfortable with assisting and helping gym members. A typical day would be cleaning the equipment every hour or so and doing laundry for towels, etc. I would call customers who owe payments and start up new customers with memberships. I learned a lot of people skills doing this job. Management was poor as we had a lot of broken equipment and complaints from customers. We did not have a reliable computer system and there were a lot of mess ups. The hardest part of the job was managing the computer system and making sure you are putting in people's financial information correctly so it would not leave to further issues. The most enjoyable part of the job was connecting with customers and helping others out around the gym.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
not enough hours
Snap Review
Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Vernon, BC1 April 2017
I learned alot about what it takes to work with the public. You get lots of different work skills and the hours are really flexable (within reason). The members are really friendly and great people to work with.
Pros
The gym
Unpredictable and unstable management but positive environment
Front Desk Staff (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 March 2017
This was an interesting experience that expanded my knowledge of computer programs in regards to gym memberships and advanced my understanding of day to day business interactions. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people. Its hard as my co-workers and the members of the gym have become my family. I actually spent more time at work than I did at home. The hardest part was management. Management was immature, lacked professionalism, and had terrible organization in regards to business processes.
Pros
Amazing customers, wonderful co-workers
Cons
terrible management, tasks assigned outside job description
calm and peaceful working environment
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 January 2017
- good salary
- not bad management
- very good customers
- not busy working place
- far from home
- does not include break time
- close bus station
Pros
free empleyee member
Cons
long shift no break
Easy Going
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON28 October 2016
Great place to work as it was easy to maintain a work-life balance. I would recommend it as you are able to see people helping themselves to be and stay healthy.
Drive, Passion & Hard Work
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 May 2016
Fitness is my hobby. I am looking for an opportunity of personal advancement and challenges. Over the past 9 years I have devoted my time to excelling at whatever I do.
Balanced lifestyle
Manager/Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto On7 May 2016
Being my own boss was great ...I am very organized , time management type person. I have a lot of desire a rare skill , I am very skilled and success oriented.

Being social is a quality skill as well , I am flexible , usually get along with others.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
long hours but worth it
Favorite job i've ever had
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 April 2016
My typical day at work includes helping customers sign up for memberships, cleaning, working out, checking emails, taking calls, enjoying the music and helping people work out!

I work alone so I can't speak on other co-workers.

Hardest part of the job was understanding the new systems in the computer

Most enjoyable part of the job is the interactions I get when people come in!
Pros
Free Membership
Cons
Lack of good ownership
future career interests
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB10 March 2016
I absolutely loved working at snap fitness. During my time there I grew an immense interest in fitness and human kinetics. during my shifts I was able to connect well with clients, providing them knowledge and sometimes even learning from them. Snap Fitness was a great opportunity for me.
It is a great place to start
SALES REPRESENTATIVE & PERSONAL TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC1 October 2015
I really do enjoy it at Snap Fitness Burnaby, working with a small staff team, but we all truly understand each other. We work together very well, I do a little bit of everything. I sell memberships, clean, personal train and maintain the gym. It is definitely a great place to start, I received my personal training certification and tried to apply to multiple places and finally got to work at a gym and am happy that Snap Fitness took me on and brought me to their team.
Not good enough
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB25 May 2015
I worked at snap fitness and let me just say I was very offended by the owner, I do not believe because you work in a gym you need to make yourself sick working out there all the time i dont need to work out there when the clients love me and I provide exceptional customer service. I was very offput by this place and recommend they stop judging people by the outside and look on the inside
Fun workplace
Manager, Customer Service (Franchisee) (Former Employee) –  Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON6 January 2015
Excellent place to work. Make lot of new friends. Franchise corporate office is helpful. Very competitive in some towns. No Holidays.
Pros
Free Workout, very friendly work place
Good PT job
CSR (Former Employee) –  grande prairie29 October 2014
opening closing & greeting all our clients as well as signing up new ones
Pros
easy job
Cons
boring