Snap-on Employee Reviews

Snap-on Equipment
EQUIPMENT SALES SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Northern GTA14 January 2019
This is not the first job I am leaving, however it is the first time I am leaving to get out of an organization.

This was my second time back to Snap-on. It was a completely different division with all new management.

The company, or more accurately this division in the company in my opinion behaves with very poor ethics. They show no, or virtually no concern for their employees and often put them in a money losing position. The competition is eating their lunch and they are quickly becoming the joke in this field.
With such a lack of support and service I decided to look elsewhere.
Pros
The position does offer great freedom
Cons
Poor service, terrible support from management
We played dominoes, cards and checkers.
Welder (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 September 2018
A typical day at work is all business and professional. I had an opportunity to work alone. The staff, management and employees had a very good working relationship. I enjoyed making sure that the health and safety of the company were keep to the standard required.
Automated tool Control Level 5- Fort McMurray
Mobile technical specialist for ATC level 5 (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 July 2018
Trying to do my technical job with servers/computers/electronics along with the snap on Sales people in Fort McMurray was horrible. which They dont not understanding of the product when it comes to technology made the job super hard, demanding, harassing a disrespectful working with the snap on sales without any lack of understanding of what the job takes or the servicing industry. You will be yell at by 2 people close to retirement which only knows tools and specially Suncor which expects that you will also manage their tools because Snap on sales promise the whole world so you have to manage tools and a lots physical work taking tools in and out and for an IT guy with a good background, you will probably wont like the job. Money is good but there is not respect and they do not understand the job, you may have really stressful days trying to explain your schedule and reasons why you need to replace a hard drive and stuff like that. They work super slow and basically you fix all the wrong from sales and get 1005 involved with their mistakes, putting you at the front line of the company and then they look for reasons to fire you or blame someone, so again you are the front line of the company and Sales does not know how to explain or sell the product and then they get you in trouble.
Pros
good money, freedon
Cons
technical and sales dont get along
Fun To work for
Sales Person (Current Employee) –  London, ON10 June 2018
Great place to work, easy going and you get to meet alot of new people, i would reccomend working for snapon anytime, if you know a snapon dealer and get a chance to work with them i would reccomend it.
The culture
Sales (Current Employee) –  Canada11 April 2018
If your not part of the “click” advancement is hard if not impossible. People with half the knowledge and talent are advance over more qualified people, just because of “sucking up” or who they know
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Old boys culture
assembler
Tool Box Assembler (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON10 February 2018
absolutely loved working at snap on tools. i couldnt of enjoyed any other job but unfortunately i moved and had to leave the company but i would go back any time
Stressful place
Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 December 2017
Was a job that curated stress. Job that took advantage of the speed and quilty of a hard worker.
7-330 mon too fri. With opportunity that work on Saturdays for 6 hours
Pros
Nice hrs
Cons
Wage was low
Positif
Gestion d'une entreprise (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 October 2017
Environnement positif, Encadrement serré et positif
Fast paced, positive workplace
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB18 September 2017
A typical day at work involved me dealing with multiple businesses and placing orders for tools that they would like to order, writing an invoice and then billing it to the customer. When the tools arrive, sort the orders to each business and create an order delivery sheet and have the delivery driver bring each order to the appropriate customer.

I learned a lot about providing the perfect customer service experience. I gained a broadened knowledge of different tools and parts. I learned effective time management skills, working under pressure, multi-tasking and meeting deadlines.

Management was great, I had full support all throughout my role at snap-on.

Workplace culture was good. Positive, faced paced environment,

The hardest part of the job sometimes was dealing with an influx of orders and making sure they all got submitted and delivered on time to customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job was always having something to do, learning many different software programs, helping customers, promoting the business in a positive manner.
Pros
Discounts, bonus, salary
Cons
Extensive hours
good Opportunity
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 September 2017
Great franchise with very good training. enjoyed working with all the customers. Follow the training and you will do well. Selling high quality products is a great challenge.
Pros
freedom to make decisions on your own, easy to grow your accounts, great training
Cons
lack of factory or head office support
Fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON23 May 2017
Fun to supply the best tools to hard working mechanics on a weekly basis. Its hard to sell tools to guys that already have tools or broke but everyone has a story.
Pros
Talking tools
Good Group To Work With
Franchise Owner (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 April 2017
Nothing but good things to say. Good Team Behind You. If you listen to what is being taught at the meetings, success is yours. Excellent support group behind every franchisee.
Pros
Work with a fantastic group and clients
Cons
Some customers can be difficult ;)
Great place to work and gain work experience
Financial Analyst & Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 March 2017
Productive and great place to work.

I was given chance to work in different division of Snap on Tools of Canada.

I learned a lot in handling general accounting and payroll.
Can't really expect much
On Franchisee as their assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 January 2016
I worked under a single franchisee, and when things got tough, he cut me loose. I can't really say I was too surprised, the guy was rather a jerk most of the time, and while he claimed to be honest, had no issues lying about why I was let go.
Company no longer has a visibility in Canada
AP, AR, Collection, Reception, Freight Expedition (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON4 January 2015
For 10 years I learned many aspects of this company and the tasks related to its operation,
Working in two completely different environments was a good challenge to overcome.
Warehouse Clerk/Office Clerk (Mar.93-Aug.97) (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON30 September 2014
Picking orders, filling orders etc then moving up from the warehouse to the office environment. I learned about both ends of the work process and the teamwork involved in getting tasks done. Office environments can get political and navigating that process is a challenge to rise above. As I always state it comes down to integrity and commitment to get the job done. it's rarely easy but then again the rewards are often higher in those circumstances.
Pros
Learning about the office and warehouse environments and the teamwork required between them.
Cons
Office politics is a challenge to avoid but often exists yet the team must work together.
Branch closed and moved to Newmarket
External Product Line Analyst / Buyer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga5 June 2014
Great people. Sharp Marketing. Good people, allowance for decision making without Management looking over your shoulder.
Pros
Well engineered products
Cons
Systems need to be revised
Excellent employer. Strong core values. Growth opportunity. Encouraging performance
Project Engineer, P.Eng (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 May 2014
An excellent employer, great respect for people, moral values, individual and team, alike. Encourages performance and growth. Opportunities for improvement and promotion.
My workday: strength and safety calculations for automotive hoists, mechanical design and design improvements for automotive hoists, intellectual property coordination, maintenance of technical and standards library.
Pros
Competitive salary. Good benefits.
Cons
Mississauga office has uncertain future.
Excellent positive work environment
Administrative Assistant / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON5 March 2014
Every day was something new, lots of challenges with lots of success.
I learned how to converse with and assist customers, vendors visitors and employees. I learned how to administrate to the payroll system, security system, telephone system, postage meter updates and usage and many more.
Management were wonderful and supportive in every way. Co-workers were personable, friendly and close.
The hardest part of my job was taking care of injuries, mainly cuts that employees received from handling metal sheets. I took First Aid but was very nervous about people bleeding.
The most enjoyable part of my job was helping people, completing any and all tasks given to me. I loved my job!
Pros
Lots of social events/lunches/dinners with employees
Productive and challenging environment
Customer Service Representative/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB27 February 2014
I quite enjoyed my job with Snap-On. It provided me with everyday challenges and room for knowledge and growth.
Pros
Excellent management
Cons
Differitiating between tools