SMS Equipment Inc.
Happiness score is 58 out of 100
View all SMS Equipment Inc. reviews

SMS Equipment Inc.

SMS Equipment Inc. Employee Review

Great place to be employed

I hesitate to call this a workplace as it is very much an enjoyable place to be throughout the week. SMS places a high value on their employees and understands that they are what makes the company so great. I've worked for the competition and when it comes to culture, there really is no competition, SMS is the preferred place to be.

Pros

People, Job Satisfaction, Career Growth Opportunities

Cons

Some Processes & Use of Technology A Little behind the Times

5.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Team was very supportive but upper management is toxic

Expected to deliver high quality work with no proper training. Pay and benefits were good. Management did not intervene when a disagreement would arise with another coworker. Management allowed you to complete you work from home but was very persistent on employees working from the office. A bit old fashioned and very conservative beliefs held by upper management.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Not adequate training

I met a couple of the greatest people working here

Management suffers greatly, set you up for failure every day, as long as you don’t bother your manager you are good. Constantly sent out to site without the proper training for mine driving or site access. Many times just went with the flow and I was caught in dangerous situations because of managers saying don’t worry it’s fine.

Excellent work culture and management

An excellent place to grow and foster your career. Supervisors undergo training in leadership which attributes to the great management team. They also have a training department that makes learning and development a priority. Overall, this is by far a superior employer that has developed a great culture to foster dedication and trust with its employees. I still keep in touch with my old co-workers.

Pros

Social club lunches and activities, RRSP matching program, opportunity for growth and training, great coworkers, fun and stable work environment.

Cons

Flexibility

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SMS Equipment Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare SMS Equipment Inc. with

• SMS Equipment Inc.
  • Great place to be employed