SMS Equipment Inc.
Happiness score is 58 out of 100
View all SMS Equipment Inc. reviews

SMS Equipment Inc.

SMS Equipment Inc. Employee Review

Great place to work with engaged teams of people.

I enjoy working here and that's probably the most important benefit to recieve for any job that I have ever had, and my career has been a long one! When I reflect on why, its to do with the positive and progressive culture that is constantly evolving to support the business and its employees. SMS Equipment selects its employees carefully and recruits like minded people with positive attitudes. This is displayed by great teamwork between employees and their collaborate support for one another.

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same roleSame location

Technical Training Department a Joke

The HR Department cannot be trusted and the way they get rid of people is disgusting! They brag about culture but they do NOT have your back. The Technical Training Manager spent most of his day in the toilet with reading material and the only ones who advanced were those who licked his boots. The more senior trainers were great but the new ones were infantile. The President has no clue what happens behind the scenes and frankly, he doesn’t seem to care. Go elsewhere, they cannot be trusted.

Pros

The coffee machine

Cons

Same roleSame location

Excellent place to work with lots of opportunities for advancement

I started with SMS as a field tech at the Edmonton branch and advanced to my current position. I have the opportunity to work with all the branches across Canada, everyone is great to work with. I enjoy coming here everyday. I'm thankful for all the factory training, mentorship and support I received from the Edmonton branch managers and supervisors as ultimately that led to me advancing in the company. The management team are fantastic to work with and support my personal growth and development. I have always experienced a good work life balance in all my roles with SMS and find the company is very family orientated. SMS is continuously growing and on the cutting edge of innovation so always provides very interesting work. I would recommend a career at SMS Equipment, they are an excellent company to work for.

Pros

Pay, Benefits, Opportunities, Factory Training, People, Culture, Job Satisfaction

Cons

Same location

Very good place to work

Management is very supportive and understanding.Great environment to work. Good health plans and RSSP. Top leadership is approachable. Over all it was really good working environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SMS Equipment Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare SMS Equipment Inc. with

• SMS Equipment Inc.
  • Great place to work with engaged teams of people.