Smoke's Poutinerie

Smoke's Poutinerie Employee Reviews

It's the kind of workplace where if something needs to be done, it gets done then. Not much routinely work. Usually doing different things each shift.
Jy est travaillée de nuit et de jour en 2014 . j'ai vraiment apprécier mon expérience .
Pros
1 repas gratuit par quart
Cons
Achalandage lors du quart de nuit
Overall, the job is quite easy, but some backshifts can be frustrating due to drunk customers (especially with all the new rules regarding masks and social distancing). I found that the employees were fantastic people that make an incredible effort every day! The only exception to this is the current manager who often does not do his job. He will commonly find ways to avoid doing any form of food prep (this includes cutting and blanching potatoes) even though he schedules himself during the morning prep shifts daily. Also, he is incredibly rude to employees, often talking down to us and using threats of firing when something is not to his liking (even though he rarely does his job himself). Multiple times a week he will call in another employee to do the morning prep duties so that he can run “errands”. There are honestly too many specific issues at this Halifax location, but they all stem from the current underexperienced acting manager abusing his position of power. Also, this is a very important side note: if you are a female and he hire’s you, he will try to sleep with you.
Cons
Terrible Management
Very good working environment, Staff is friendly towards each other and easy to work. So many fun activities and lot of stuff happens around and inside the organization.
Pros
Free meal per shift
Cons
nothing
The hours were way below the legal minimum. I was only scheduled once a month for what was advertised as a part time position not something casual. I was let go due to the pandemic but it made little to difference since I barely got hours. I was also trained improperly due to this. I constantly had to re learn and learn things I’m pretty sure should have been through by the and of the first month.
Pros
Positive Work Environment
Cons
Absolutely no hours
The best Management and co-workers! The whole team is really amazing especially the Store Manager! He is very concerned about his working staff and always gives motivation to all staff.
Pros
Free meal size
It was great working there, there’s not much traffic in the orders except for rush hours, the staff were nice and very helpful, it was a good learning experience. I wish I could’ve stayed but I quit after a couple months because my schedule didn’t allow was restricting my hours.
Great place to learn and enhance your customer service as you engage with various types of people. Worked with lively fun people. Also, great management.
- can be very fast paced - must have good customer service skills -management is amazing -teamwork is key, must be a team player -treat it like your home, keep the place clean and serve customers how you want to be served
nice place i worked. Area is fun. Good food original poutine the best. staff are cool. job is not overly difficult but it does offer a time one can develope ability.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
stressful
interview and hiring was easy going. after a month or two you’ll dread going to work. Long hours alone late into the night with occasional overwhelming rushes. training was unpaid and feels like you’re being taken advantage of most of the time. Good job to get some experience but once you get the chance run far away and never look back. Unethical and illegal labour practices at many locations. A shift at smoke’s poutinerie isn’t done until you’ve dreamed of quitting and finding a place that respects you
They will hire anyone as long as it means the owner doesn't have to actually work! The more time he has to drink the better. The only good thing this establishment has going for it is the manager! She is great to work with and is very good at training new employees. The environment is very high paced and the kitchen is always very clean but the owner is just to much to take.
It’s a good company to work for. The hardest part about working is the over night shifts.But working in the events helps you get know your city abit more
It was good it was fun lots of strippers next door gangstas use to come in but fools try to floss can't step.on me I'm a humanitarian aid in the spring
Pros
Fun
Cons
Lots of work
Worked here for a year and change, dont really have any complaints about it. Other than the fact that I came up with recipes in 2016 that are being released today.
I loved the job, had great coworkers and management was awesome. I only left because I found a job that paid more. The work is pretty easy once you're fully trained and I loved interacting with customers.
It should have been a sign right off the bat how desperate they were for employees. I walked in, and handed my resume in to two 19 year old girls who turned out to be "managers". My interview consisted of what music I liked, and literally if I believed in aliens. Nothing about my experience. I was hired on the spot and asked to start the next day because they needed people immediately. They didnt offer much theyimmediately
I absolutely enjoyed working for Smokes Poutinerie. As manager I had the opportunity to make everyday a great day. I love Smoke's 80's Glam Rock theme. The brand and culture are unlike any place I have worked. A typical day at work consisted of; Preparing and cooking high quality poutines, as well as all management duties; creating schedules, reviewing resumes, emails, marketing. The staff are very friendly and have great drive.
Great environment to work in, the poutine was always fresh. I learned how different poutine's were made and how to keep safe clean work stations. I enjoyed the 80's music they played and all the friendly staff. Their location made it really competitive with other poutine shops.
My experience at Smoke's poutinerie was fantastic and I recommend anyone to work there because It is very friendly and multicultural in terms of employees. The work here is fast-paced because you have to make food as quick as possible but it pays off because it helps use those skills in everyday life.
Smoke's has only one person working at a time, having you multitask greatly by dealing with customers, fries, cutting and frying fries, cleaning, and preparing for late night set ups. The management is not very good. The benefits are okay.
  1. Employee reviews