Smitty's Employee Reviews

busy
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK14 May 2018
Working at smittys was my Very First job.. I was a hostess I greeted Customers and Sat them very Busy On weekends On sat and sun mornings and always something to do.
A good place to work
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK30 April 2018
I was a waitress at the Lawson Height's location and overall I really enjoyed my experience here. For the most part the restaurant was always fairly busy, which is good. The staff and managers are amazing and I wish I had never quit. The hardest part of serving here is the crazy morning rushes on weekends. The most enjoyable part of the job creating relationships with the customers and having them come back and request you as a server.
Pros
Excellent management, great team environment
Cons
Very busy on weekends, sometimes working alone when busy
Slow working pace/Moderately clean kitchen
Line Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 April 2018
usually had to do alot of prep and cleaning because some of the other staff were to lazy to do it when they had nothing else to be done. Manager was slightly rude here and there
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Short Shifts
Great starter job
Hostess/ Busser (Former Employee) –  Parksville, BC9 April 2018
This job was a very good starter job, the wages, company and staff were all very accommodating and a good learning experience. This job taught me alot about customer service, money transactions and bussiness skills.
Strong community driven staff.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Comox, BC9 April 2018
During my time at Smittys I learned many facets of the kitchens day to day tasks including prep work and sous chef related duties. Minimal head chef related work left something to be desired.
Good place to work part time, friendly people
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Selkirk, MB19 March 2018
A typical day at work I would come in, cook food for customers and prep food to be cooked while keeping a clean work environment. Learned many things like time management, how to deal with customers properly, proper food handling procedures. The management was fine. Very friendly environment and overall fun place to work. Hardest part of the job would be in the summer when it would get very hot in the kitchen while having to run around and get stuff together when we were in peak times of the day. Most enjoyable part of the job was making new friends and being able to have a good free meal every time we had worked a shift.
Pros
Free food when working
Verry good
Cook (Former Employee) –  Stettler, AB16 March 2018
The family that owns this place are very kind and positive to be around, Knowledgeable staff who can teach a monkey to cook well, and very patient as well. The food Is standard and very consistent.
Pros
good people
Cons
lower wage
awesome place
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB3 March 2018
My first experience in this type of job and I was not disappointed. Great management team, great staffmade every day worthwhilebeile being there. Felt appreciated and respected by all the staff helped them by being willing tohelp them
Smitty's Family Restaurant
Server/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK1 March 2018
Good management. Good staff. Fast paced. Fun. Challenging. Rewarding. The regulars make your day, every day. Meet lots of new faces. See lots of old faces too.
Good Part Time Job
Kitchen Worker / Table Busser (Former Employee) –  Bayers Lake, NS22 February 2018
This job was good, I worked as part of a team to keep the restaurant and kitchen areas clean and sanitary, helped show patrons where to go and be seated.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Very productive and never a dull moment
Server (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK5 February 2018
A typical day at work is a very fun and casual workplace, with some frustrations that I dealt with in a very positive manner. I learned a lot from customers and staff. The management is excellent and the bosses are quite the team leaders. Hardest part of the job was learning the entire menu, which I had no trouble with, and as for the most enjoyable part of the job, I'd have to say were the co-workers, they made me feel good to be at work.
Pros
50% off after 6 hour shifts
Cons
Very Long Hours
not Bad
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Edson, AB31 January 2018
doing Preparations for the day.Workplace culture not that good as people always backstabbing you and complaining about you to the management. its always great when going home.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
bad work environment
Horrible Managment
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 January 2018
Horrible managment , so unorganized it’s unbelievable . They don’t care about anything other than the company and it doesn’t matter to them how they treat their employees because you’re “easily replaceable”. They like to waste your time and use you for their benefit and doesn’t care how it affects the employee. Definitely not worth the money, shifts aren’t that great and the employees don’t work well together. Over all one of the worst companys I’ve ever worked for or maybe it was just the location.
Pros
Half off food
Cons
Everything else is a con
Fun place to work
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB23 January 2018
Very fun place to work. Its like a family. Everyone supports each others. Love seeing the regular customers everyday and building relationships with everyone
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short staffed
An appreciation for the work i did that day
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 January 2018
It was a challenging place to work. Was very overwhelming most of the time when trying to do the job that was required. A lot of hostility was between the cooks and the other workers.
i injoyed working at my job for 4years
Busser/toast maker/ (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK20 January 2018
As i am transgender i found it to be hard working in a public place for 4 1/2 years i loved my job as i did alot and helped bring out food to tables and such i also was a busser for the same years and did a fast well cleaned job
Pros
Good people worked great under Pressure
Cons
Not enouph hours
Really awesome staff
Server, Hostess and Expo (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 January 2018
Everyone here is a really hard worker and really friendly. I love all my co-workers. The management is awesome and there is a lot of flexibility with your schedule.
Pros
Flexibility, Half off food
Cons
Usually don't get a break
Great atmosphere and staff!
Dishwasher/Prep Cook/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Port Alberni, BC19 January 2018
Between washing dishes, cleaning, prep cooking and line cooking, there is always a task to be done. Despite the busy shifts, the atmosphere is friendly and relaxed. The management is experienced and helpful, and the staff-discounts on food is enjoyable.
Overall OK
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK19 January 2018
I didn't get much shifts but I didn't mind the Environment, I enjoyed my time working for this company and would recommend it to others. I Wouldn't mind working again.
Fine for some
Server (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK14 January 2018
Smitty's is neither here nor there for me. It was okay overall but not amazing in any way, shape or form. Wouldn't recommend highly but wouldn't discourage either.