Smiles Dental

Smiles Dental Employee Reviews for Office Manager

Office Manager4 reviews

Smiles could be a great company they just have very small ideas.

I would travel with the Orthodontist, manage the daily schedule, schedule exams, train staff in billing and any emergency that would arise. Smiles dental is general dentistry, management could not get a handle that Specialty is different than general, this caused great difficulties. I have worked Specialty, Orthodontics, Periodontics, Endodontics and Oral Surgery, these are dental Specialties, Smiles tried to incorporate them into their culture without realizing these are very different than General Dentistry.

Pros

staff

Cons

management

Productive, Long term, Advancement

I’ve worked for this company for many years. As with any employer there are ups and downs. You are expected to show up and complete your job and continue to show patient care as a priority, whether your a dentist, dental assistant, hygienist or office manager. I can’t speak for each employee or location, but for myself and in my office a majority of staff have been employed ranging from 10-16 years, including 1 of our 2 dentist. Our OSHA standards are 💯 in compliance. We run a clean, hard working environment but still have fun and try to get together as a team outside of the office. There is so much opportunity for growth/advancement and whenever I have a question, need advice or just need to vent I always get an answer or ear to listen from my manager. I do wish we had a larger Regional Management team to help with office support and additional training, but we are in the process and will hopefully get there soon.

Pros

Great Pay, Health Benefits, Pto

Cons

Small support team but still growing

Blame & Shame Tell & Sell Dentistry

This corporation is highly unorganized. I was genuinely embarrassed to say I worked there. Extremely high doctor & staff turn over. Not a care in the world about patient care. They do not go over or follow proper Covid guidelines. The CEO is all about stuffing his pockets. The regional manager is a puppet and just does what she's told, no back bone at all. Do yourself a favor and work for someone that actually cares about you.

Pros

Decent benefit package

Cons

See Above

Potential

Smiles has undergonw some growing pains as they continue to grow as a DSO. They are not perfect, however they are good at recognizing mistakes and willing to learn from them. They are there to provide support to the teams in the trenches providing the care, as well as guidelines for specific company policies and procedures. Offices are given some autonomy to make decisions based on what works for their patients and teams. This helps the offices to not be cookie cutter.

Pros

Great work environment. Supportive leadership.

Cons

Benefits have not been the best.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Smiles Dental?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smiles Dental. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement