Smiles Dental

Smiles Dental Pay & benefits reviews: Dental Assistant

Clear
2.7Pay & benefits

Good starting point

Smiles dental might be good for someone who is just starting out. They are a newer company, so it's opportunity to grow with the company. Unfortunately they have a high turnover rate. In my time there I which was 3 years I worked with 5 different doctors and 3 different office managers, out of 2 offices. The hours change constantly depending on schedule. Don't like feeling forced to sell patients treatment, or having to be concerned about production.

Pros

Lots of locations

Cons

Benefits, pay, dependable hours, corperate

Productive place to work, very good at helping us learn in areas we were not familier with, slow paced atmosphere.

I learned a lot at Smiles dental after being there for a year and a half. Made me a lot more comfortable with procedures and working with people. Everyone is very friendly and works well together.

Pros

Still being farely new to the industry Smiles welcomed me and helped me build confidence.

Cons

Little to know chances for advancemewnt or pay raises.

Stressful!

I worked for Smiles Dental for about 4 years. I only stayed for that long because I was already well established there when the company purchased the practice. I gave it a fair amount of time to see if things would get better. Very high turnover! 3 CEOs, many different HR people, many different mangers etc. They offer awful benefits and VERY low wages with little to no room for growth or raises. The company cares about money/production rather then taking care of their employees. Patient care has gone out the window!! They have terrible communication between higher up management and the offices. A office manager cornered another employee in the back and said some rude, condescending things, used the company credit card for personal things, had many complaints from patients/other Co workers etc. Was fired by one manager....then hired back by another!! Paperwork is always "lost" by HR! It's ridiculous!! I could go on for days with all the negative about this company!!

Pros

Not many

Cons

Too many too list

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smiles Dental. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4