Smiles Dental

Smiles Dental Employee Reviews for Dental Assistant

Dental Assistant14 reviews

Good starting point

Smiles dental might be good for someone who is just starting out. They are a newer company, so it's opportunity to grow with the company. Unfortunately they have a high turnover rate. In my time there I which was 3 years I worked with 5 different doctors and 3 different office managers, out of 2 offices. The hours change constantly depending on schedule. Don't like feeling forced to sell patients treatment, or having to be concerned about production.

Pros

Lots of locations

Cons

Benefits, pay, dependable hours, corperate

Very busy, over booked most days

Very busy office, coworkers were nice. Most days seemed over booked, also don't expect to get your lunch hour or get off work on time or even close to. Also if you aren't up to date on general dentistry and need training, don't expect to be informed properly about what you need to improve. Doctors and coworkers will complain about you to others but not you directly. If you are sick, it can be used to terminate you. They seem to have a high turn over in doctors and assistants leaving.

Good office

Everyone is super nice, flexible schedule, doctors are patient with you and the manager really listens to you. Fun place to work if you get along with the workers

Pros

set schedule, flexible days and hours

Cons

Every now and then they go through understaffed stages

Greedy and selfish

Terrible company to work for. There is a revolving door of employees and in my time working for the company I saw close to 15 people in and out of the office I worked for. You are always on the chopping block whether you know it or not, even if you did nothing wrong. If upper management doesn’t like you, you’re out.

Pros

Cons

Short breaks, management, long work weeks.

Run!!! Horrible Company

Not a good working environment. Unethical. Poor communication. Over-worked and under paid. They don’t care about the employee, only production. RUN AWAY

Poor management and a lot of turnover

Poor management, no job security. So much turnover that the patients were upset because they had to see new doctors, assistants, and office staff everytime they came in for a regular cleaning/exam appointment.

Very good!

The office itself was a wonderful office to work at. Everyone was very friendly and organized. loved working here! Too bad I had to move to another city. :(

Do not work here!

This place is a nightmare! They treated me horribly and made me question my own abilities. I was young and a push over so they took full advantage. I thought it was me but I have heard a lot of similar stories. The dentist who ran the practice was a bully. She literally said to me and I quote "Your x-rays are good, your chairside skills are good, your patient care is good but you're still not good enough".

Not a positive place to work

You never new when your number was up to be let go. Not a positive place to work even though they say you have to be but how positive can you be when you were basically working with no breaks and barely lunch’s.

Pros

I loved the people I worked with

Cons

The company is all about the money and not about patient care

Best doctor

Best doctor, staff are great, happy place good work , office is very nice, the doctor is very comforting, fast pace, very clean office, if you are looking for a long term job this is the job for you !

Pros

Doctor

Cons

Hours flex

Productive place to work, very good at helping us learn in areas we were not familier with, slow paced atmosphere.

I learned a lot at Smiles dental after being there for a year and a half. Made me a lot more comfortable with procedures and working with people. Everyone is very friendly and works well together.

Pros

Still being farely new to the industry Smiles welcomed me and helped me build confidence.

Cons

Little to know chances for advancemewnt or pay raises.

Stressful!

I worked for Smiles Dental for about 4 years. I only stayed for that long because I was already well established there when the company purchased the practice. I gave it a fair amount of time to see if things would get better. Very high turnover! 3 CEOs, many different HR people, many different mangers etc. They offer awful benefits and VERY low wages with little to no room for growth or raises. The company cares about money/production rather then taking care of their employees. Patient care has gone out the window!! They have terrible communication between higher up management and the offices. A office manager cornered another employee in the back and said some rude, condescending things, used the company credit card for personal things, had many complaints from patients/other Co workers etc. Was fired by one manager....then hired back by another!! Paperwork is always "lost" by HR! It's ridiculous!! I could go on for days with all the negative about this company!!

Pros

Not many

Cons

Too many too list

Do not work here

I worked here and was always put down by other assistants and the Dr. It was a hostile work environment and people would talk about you behind your back. I was supposed to work 32-40 hours per week but the schedule started falling apart and I would come into work and they would ask me to take a four hour lunch due to lack of patients and then stay till 9 pm to finish up with patients. It was ridiculous.

Pros

Manager at the time was really nice

Cons

The other staff and Dr.

Dental

Working here, is not fun. Management is not what you think it would be working in a dental office. Staff seems to be okay once you start working there, but the office seems to have cliques.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smiles Dental. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement