Smiles Dental

Working at Smiles Dental: Latest Smiles Dental Reviews

greedy owners,no respect,no management just hiring and firing without prior notice or any specific reason

hiring and firing is the basic theme of the group,interviews are held throughout the year , no job security , unable to understand what the employers have in their mind.only considering females with beauty and mind blowing physique,what a shame

Never ending turn over

Turn over rate is ridiculous. Always pulling doctors to and from other offices and firing them when they don’t meet production goals even though that’s not their fault patients are canceling and don’t want same day treatment and they’re going through office managers because they “aren’t up to their expectations “ and they’re getting chewed out for things out of their control like the doctors do. Overall they’re okay if you stay out of the corporate bs but the owners need to do better.

Very busy, over booked most days

Very busy office, coworkers were nice. Most days seemed over booked, also don't expect to get your lunch hour or get off work on time or even close to. Also if you aren't up to date on general dentistry and need training, don't expect to be informed properly about what you need to improve. Doctors and coworkers will complain about you to others but not you directly. If you are sick, it can be used to terminate you. They seem to have a high turn over in doctors and assistants leaving.

Overall easy job but stressful due to poor management and always being understaffed.

This is a relatively easy job but due to their high turnover of employees, they’re always understaffed. This results in a stressful workload for everyone else, and really not getting paid enough for it. The management and training is poor, which ultimately makes it a not so great workplace.

Avoid

The people in charge are selfish, rude and purposely do all they can to treat you negatively. No positive feed back and usually just ignore you when you need company questions answered. Save yourself some time and go elsewhere. Unless you enjoy high turn over rates, being unable to use your pto... are goals being obtainable, and then pushed out so you can't make them.. if you want to just be a work horse and not a part of something, this is the place for you. office level team members are usually alright.. Corp = avoid.

Beware: stay clear

Reputation of this company is true. They are the most condescending company to work for. They talk good to your face and then the next second fire you without any warning. CEO only cares about making money to afford his multiple homes, not about his team. Everyone is disposable, BEWARE! Go work for another corporate dentistry.

Pros

Free dental and lunches

If I could give 0 stars I would

Terrible company, terrible call center manager, the whole company just cares about numbers, production, and money in their pockets versus patients care. They’ll tell you to cut corners with insurance when they have no idea how dental insurance works. The call center was easily the worst decision for the company with people pretending to be in offices they weren’t in and calling to solicit patients for un necessary dental work that either was declined by the patient or seriously out dated. If you want a successful career, avoid this garbage company. You’ll be verbally told to do something one way and then reprimanded in writing how they wanted things done while upper management can basically change rules as it helps them.

Pros

Literally nothing

Productive, Long term, Advancement

I’ve worked for this company for many years. As with any employer there are ups and downs. You are expected to show up and complete your job and continue to show patient care as a priority, whether your a dentist, dental assistant, hygienist or office manager. I can’t speak for each employee or location, but for myself and in my office a majority of staff have been employed ranging from 10-16 years, including 1 of our 2 dentist. Our OSHA standards are 💯 in compliance. We run a clean, hard working environment but still have fun and try to get together as a team outside of the office. There is so much opportunity for growth/advancement and whenever I have a question, need advice or just need to vent I always get an answer or ear to listen from my manager. I do wish we had a larger Regional Management team to help with office support and additional training, but we are in the process and will hopefully get there soon.

Pros

Great Pay, Health Benefits, Pto

Cons

Small support team but still growing

Unorganized

Unorganized, unprofessional, new management horribleNo pto no vacation no benefits. This position is only good for those fresh stepping into the career, fresh out if school.

Pros

No pros

Cons

No benefits no hours unorganized unprofessional

Disorganized and dishonesty

Expectations are far too high and unrealistic. Extremely unorganized. Dishonesty between employees and management. I was consistently asked to perform job duties outside of what i was hired to do and not paid to do.

Disorganization in all roles, higher ups only care to see collection numbers.

You know your company is a disgrace in the dental field when even reps are aware of the year round clown show. Despite hearing the horror stories, I gave them a change to see if perhaps not all was bad but the wise words of experience from those who know exactly how to do their job spoke nothing but the truth. Don't bother expect strong guidance in your career growth. There is no leadership, there's lack of structure in every department, back staff runs the office as the office managers are too worried of loosing their work bffs to run the office themselves but you're no longer part of the team when they make it their job for you to not even want to go in. Managers who don't even know the first thing regarding the BASIC procedures that are being done needing to constantly questiontheir actions awaiting team members to ok their decisions. Dctors constantly turning away genreal dentistry procedures because of low confidence and the laziness to not do the procedures. So many upset patients because of the high turnover, "miscommunications" due to lazy verifications are the least of their worries. Leads who don't know how to do most of their job duties due to the lack of through training cannot lead others who want the updated work tools to do their jobs correctly. Concerns regarding all weak links in the team chain fall on deaf ears, money intake is the only thing the higher ups care to acknowledge. There's a history of the clinical staff making deals amongst themselves for unpaid, under the table family/friend treatment costing them THOUSANDS yearly all while letting so many patient -

Pros

You learn what NOT to do

Cons

Structureless disorganization in all aspects

Good office

Everyone is super nice, flexible schedule, doctors are patient with you and the manager really listens to you. Fun place to work if you get along with the workers

Pros

set schedule, flexible days and hours

Cons

Every now and then they go through understaffed stages

It’s all about the $

They could care less about the patients,it’s all about selling products and stressing you out about it even if the product is not good.The staff is uneasy to work with

great staff, poor management

I work for several months in SW Washington area with smiles dental. great place to work and well trained staff but the management and clinical director are not good. They hire new regional director that so aggressive and harsh.

Chewed Up, Spit Out

Money is the motivator here. It has decent compensation but the employee turnover is insane by either excessive and unreasonable firing or employees quitting due to lack of support. There are nice folks at Smiles, but they bleed their staff dry and wring them out if they can't match a goal that's well outside their means. There's definitely a culture of inclusion, no active discrimination, but there is a concern often for stability and overturn of doctors in single doctor offices. If they want you gone, you're gone. Lack of training and clear direction with often broken tools to fix it, or no solution at all. The building is old, rundown, and has very large issues structurally and technically.

Pros

Compensation, immediate co-workers

Cons

Company morals, unreasonable location goals, money only oriented, pushing unnecessary treatment

Great Company to work for!!!

I love working for Smiles Dental! Such a great team and Company! I enjoy going to work daily! Feel very supported and also fun work environment. Smiles Dental definitely makes you feel appreciated and valued.

Great place to work at!

I started working for this company a few months ago and I've only had a great experience here! Management and staff are very friendly and outgoing, would always lift each other up and work as a TEAM! Also Smiles Dental has lots of opportunity to grow in your career if that's what you are looking for.

Pros

lots of opportunities for growth.

Cons

none.

Stereotypical Corporate Dental Experience

The managers and upper admin will say and do what is required to get a person to accept their position. As time goes on, it will become evident to the new hire this company only values profit, not what is best for the patient or standards of care. If you choose to stand up for your ethics, license, or on your patient's behalf you will find yourself without employment. Unrealistic production goals and treatment expectations make this company impossible to work for and be able to sleep at night, unless you have zero ethics or care for patients. The rate of turnover in most offices in this company is astounding. Proceed with caution in agreeing to a position with this company.

Pros

Pretty close to zero

Cons

Too many to list

Raving Smiles

The LIFT Crew (HR and Administration) at Smiles Dental is incredible. It has been a pleasure to work with them and be supported by them. The best part about Smiles Dental is the positive attitude and focus on customer/patient satisfaction and being apart of this great work!

Pros

People & Service

Cons

Cannot recall anything

Greedy and selfish

Terrible company to work for. There is a revolving door of employees and in my time working for the company I saw close to 15 people in and out of the office I worked for. You are always on the chopping block whether you know it or not, even if you did nothing wrong. If upper management doesn’t like you, you’re out.

Pros

Cons

Short breaks, management, long work weeks.

Blame & Shame Tell & Sell Dentistry

This corporation is highly unorganized. I was genuinely embarrassed to say I worked there. Extremely high doctor & staff turn over. Not a care in the world about patient care. They do not go over or follow proper Covid guidelines. The CEO is all about stuffing his pockets. The regional manager is a puppet and just does what she's told, no back bone at all. Do yourself a favor and work for someone that actually cares about you.

Pros

Decent benefit package

Cons

See Above

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smiles Dental. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement