Smiles Dental Group logo

Smiles Dental Group Employee Reviews

2.3
Work-life balance

not a long term job

typical work day is busy, unorganized and unprofessional. there is a high turn over of staff members most enjoyable part of day is lunch break and end of day shift

Contantly overworked and getting criticized

This is an awful clinic to work at. Incredibly overbooked because the dentist just wants to make money, but not staffed enough for how they book. Dentists are constantly falling behind and everything that goes wrong gets blamed on someone else. Nearly every shift I was pulled aside to be told about how something was missed or how I needed to keep on top of something that shouldn't have been my responsibility (ex. Constantly reminding the dentist which patients were waiting for him) even though I was already super busy with sterilization (what I was actually hired for). Basically you can never meet their standards, will always get yelled at and almost always end up working 2 hours longer than you're scheduled because they fell behind. There were 3 girls working in sterilization and all of us ended up quitting after not working there long due to the bad work environment.

Pros

Literally only like 2 of the assistants that were nice

Cons

Management, The owning dentist, overtime, low pay

Fun and positive work place

Loved the job. Would recommend this company to anyone looking to grow and start a career. Was a good opportunity to improve my abilities and learn at a quick pace.

Pros

Lunches, benefits, hours

Cons

Strict protocols

Worst place to work

To begin with, they just throw you to manage and know everything on the very first day of the job without any help from your manager or co-workers, office gossips, poor management, horrible Manager, no respect for your work, favoritism dominates in this company, this job has huge potential to take a great toll on your mental level and personal life, stay away from them.

Horrible

Low company morale. High expectations with no training whatsoever ever. Extremely high turnover. No faith in the people they hire. They don’t like it when you ask question regarding your role.

Arrogant, Office Gossip, & Power-Tripping Middle Management

Provided little on-job training, unfriendly middle management who like to push their weight around while gossiping about other employees and even customers. High turnover and low pay with a very low office morale. The owner doesn't care about the employees as you will se in the interview process if you decide that route. He is rude, and thinks of you as a number not as a person trying to build a career. If you enjoy being micromanaged, overworked and under payed, supervised by mid level managers with a lack of education, and no job security this may be the place. If you're looking for rewarding work, fair compensation, fun atmosphere and a place to grow within, I work recommend bypassing Smiles and keep you're search going. You'll be happier in the long run.

Home away from home

I have yet to find a place so comfortable and progressive as Smiles. I have been here for 2 years and will continue for as long as possible. Staff gets along, there is such a focus on training all staff positions to work together and cohesively to better everyones experience and success of day to day and days in all. I have worked alongside majority of the staff since the beginning of my employement while most have been here for 5+ years. While the company expands, welcoming new staff is ever so easy. However, the clinics are high traffic daily, and working here as administrators, RDAs, hygienists, etc will bring a world of experiences that will contribute to growing one’s career and skill sets. One thing that is important for anyone seeking employment is wage, and it has proven to be fair. There are timely employee evaluations and more than fair wage earnings to start. I know the owners are more than willing to accommodate any situation one may be in, and are generous in all sense of the words. All in all, a perfect job may be hard to fathom, but truly working here is the absolute closest anyone can get too. My review may seem sugar coated, but in actuality its understated.

Pros

Wages, company fun events, job security, lots of learning experiences

Horrible work place

This is Not a place to start to practice right from graduating nor a place to work for long term. Always short staff because of the high volume of turn overs. No proper training, you just get thrown in on the job and then expected to know everything, then get yelled at. Be prepare to run all day, sometimes no lunch. There are no breaks and almost everyday running behind schedule. Poor communication with staff members and management.

Pros

Every other Friday work half day

Cons

Long hours, poor communication, bad management etc

1st 6 months of employment is not free

This company charges you $500 for training if you quit before 6 months of employment. There is no real training program in place just regular employment. Depending on location....be prepared to run for 8+ hours a day with out a break.