Smile Direct Club Employee Reviews

No words to explain how terrible & twisted this company is
Smile guide (Former Employee) –  United States19 March 2019
So many things to list it’s not even worth my time. I explained in my questionnaire why this place is so messed up I’m not sure if it will show up on here for others to see but I hope so cause the things they do there are NOT ok by any means & of all 4 girls I started with are no longer there either that should tell you something
Listen to your gut...
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN17 March 2019
When I interviewed for the position, I had this strange feeling in my gut this place wasn't a good place to work despite the facade they put up. It was just something about the team leader & captain that just gave me negative vibes. When I began working there, everyone you meet will brag about how long they've been there and how quickly they moved up. But then you realize that all the people underneath of them, havent been there long at all, which makes you wonder, why arent people staying. Then you realize, that even $16/hr isnt worth the BS they make you deal with. By the way, make sure you kiss your trainer's behind... they prefer to have their ego stroked regularly.
Pros
The Frothy Monkey coffee machine on the 7th floorbreak room, ... the pay
Cons
Parking, the fakeness of it all
I'm very happy that I found this job.
Smile guide (Current Employee) –  Doral, FL15 March 2019
I love this job dispite what other employees say about it. I think it has to do with the manager and the team at locations. The Doral team is awesome, and a pleasure to work with. Not to mention the manager is very understanding, supportive, and motive us to be better every day.

The benefits are great, training is always available for you. I m not stress like others jobs I have had before, and if there's any situation it gets solve fast.

The pay is also great, not dental office is going to give you what you get pay here when you first star.
Pros
Discount apps and help if you want to go back to school.
The worst company to work for
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN6 March 2019
Please, please, please think twice before applying for this company. If you are okay with LYING and being LIED to, then this is the job for you. They will have you lie to all the customers about the issues that are going on with the company. They will have you provide customers with FALSE ETA's for the products they ordered. During orientation and training they will say it is so easy to move up in the company but everyone can tell you will only move up if you are one of the favorites. Team Leads and Team Captains will micromanage everything you do so they don't have to get in the call queue and take calls. No one should have to dread going to work every single day. Again, I cannot stress this enough, if the position involves being in the customer care center, save yourself the time and find a better company.
Encouraging environment!
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NY28 February 2019
SDC is a fast paced, fun, productive environment! From the smile guides to the owners and everyone in between, it is very hands on. If you make yourself the obvious choice the sky's limit with SDC, as it is ever growing!! Amazing benefits! Work/life balance is all how you manage your own time and work efficiently. I find I have the best balance I have ever had!
Pros
Fun, growing, supportive, encouraging, fast paced!
The best!!!
Smile Guide (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NY28 February 2019
I can truly say SDC has given me my home away from home!! Coming from dental I was very curious about what to expect. From the moment I walked into my first day of training to now being a smile guide for 8 months, I am proud to say SDC has helped me grow mentally. The managers are always open to bettering you and building you to succeed in the company! If youre looking to wake up every day and be EXCITED to go to work everyday, SmileDirectClub is the place for you!!!
Pros
fun work environment
Run away!
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN25 February 2019
This company is a joke. They will literally have you lying to customers about the errors the system made. They also lie to customers about there delivery times and often times provide you dates that they will not be able to fulfill. They micromanage everything you do, even had a meeting where they stated that if they catch you going to the bathroom with your phone you with face disciplinary action. Who watches what people do on the way to the bathroom? Team Leads and Team Captains breath down your neck if you aren’t always in available even when you are completing the 100 tasks you have to complete after every call. They say that it’s not that hard to move up but they do a lot of favoritism in order to move to a different team. The bonus structure is a joke, you can’t even calculate how much is for the first check of the month because it doesn’t make a lot of sense.
Pros
Cons
Micromanage, health benefits, schedules, potential to move up
La mejor empresa del mundo con un ambiente excelente
Agente de Seguros (Former Employee) –  San José, Provincia de San José24 February 2019
llegar a tiempo, llamar a la mayoría de Aseguradoras para tener la información de los consumidores lo mas pronto posible y que puedan gozar de un arreglo dental con frenillos cubiertos por el seguro, aprendí a tratar a muchas personas con diferentes necesidades y ayudarles con la información mas fidedigna enviándoles los recibos a tiempo, la gerencia esta comandada por los duenos quienes siempre se esmeraron a que todo funcionara bien, traían personal de otro país como soporte y ayuda, todo lo deseaban que se montara como lo tienen en el exterior todos los procedimientos. La parte mas difícil era enviarle los correos a las personas que no calificaban para utilizar un seguro dental cuando el consumidor creía que por tener un seguro medico al final le cubrían los frenillos y no era así ni teniendo seguro dental a veces no cubría este tratamiento porque era solamente estético.
Pros
El mejor lugar para trabajar sin presión alguna
Cons
La ubicación que tienen ahora hace mucho calor.
High school all over again
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN20 February 2019
Want to work somewhere where everyone is sleeping with each other? Look no further, this is for you :) Everyone gossips, lies and acts childish. I feel like I am a part of the show mean girls. I worked in a dental lab before and its much better than this environment. If you want to exchange favors for a raise, please apply!
Pros
there aren't any
Cons
Pay
22 February 2019

We're concerned to see this, as we expect a professional and respectful environment from our team members. That is incredibly important to us, and we do not tolerate otherwise. We sure hope you will reach out to your resources to discuss further. We can be reached at peoplesupport@smiledirectclub.com.

Typical corporate company
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN14 February 2019
Its not terrible, its a pretty typical corporate job. All of the higher ups are white men and the shops/lab are filled with people of color. Could use more diversity. Wouldn't stay here long term due to management and no advancement but definitley good experience to use on resume.
Pros
Pay is great, benefits
Cons
management
18 February 2019

We appreciate your input here, as it's a priority of ours to be an inclusive and diverse company. This will remain of great importance as we grow, and we hope you will continue to share your voice and input on this. If you'd like to speak further, please reach out to peoplesupport@smiledirectclub.com.

Run
Dental Assistant/Smile Guide (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, IN12 February 2019
-If you are looking to work for a start up that will promote you, THIS ISNT IT!!! They will hire someone else instead of promoting people who have showed their leadership skills.
-This is not any sort of dental assisting job. It’s a sales job..Days go by very slow in the office so be prepared to sit around and watch training videos.
-Upper management lies and throws you around to whatever fits their needs.
-Only worked here because no other places pay $20 an hour in the area.
Pros
Pto, benefits
18 February 2019

We're concerned to see this, as we prioritize hiring from within and supporting our team members. In addition, we're up front about the unique SmileGuide role and how it incorporates dental assisting with sales and customer care skills. That said, it's important to us that our SmileGuides feel supported, coached, and are shown the opportunities for career growth available to them. If you'd like to speak further on this, we hope you will reach out to peoplesupport@smiledirectclub.com.

Collaborative and Evolving
Talent Acquisition Partner (Current Employee) –  Remote12 February 2019
Since coming to SmileDirectClub, I feel like I have a voice as a team member. In previous companies you were just a number, but here you are treated as family. We are team members here, not employees, and it's so refreshing. Management listens to you, acknowledges your strengths and works with you to fix your weaknesses. The company itself is young, so you have to come in with an open mind that at the end of the day even though we are a Pegasus company, we are still a start up and things are constantly changing and evolving. If you are comfortable jumping into a role that is evolving, fast paced, and challenging, this is definitely a place for you!!
Pros
flexibility, remote opportunities, career growth
Cons
PTO could be better
18 February 2019

Thank you so much for your kind words and input! We sure are proud of our team members and the unique culture and fast pace we've created here. We appreciate all that you do and hope you will continue to share your voice.

Worst dental job
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MN12 February 2019
This is a sales job not a dental job. Management is sketchy and can not be trusted, Even the district manager seemed shady about everything. There is no room for advancement, They would rather hire someone from the street than promote from within. The dentists approve people with periodontal disease and bone loss. The only thing good is they pay $30+ an hour to dental assistants. Looks like they had some corporate people write good reviews down there.
Pros
Pay
Cons
My manager
18 February 2019

We appreciate your feedback here, and we'd like to make it clear that the SmileGuide position is presented from the beginning as a role that will require sales and customer care skills. That said, there is room for growth within that position, and our leaders are available to map out the various career paths. Our SmileGuides has become trainers, recruiters, managers, and more, and we're proud to see that growth. To address your safety point, our duly licensed dentists and orthodontists prioritize the safety of our customers above all else when clearing customers for treatment. As for our reviews, all are welcome to write reviews and all are valid whether at HQ or in the field. If you'd like to speak further, please reach out to peoplesupport@smiledirectclub.com.

It's a work in progress
Leader (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN10 February 2019
I have been with SmileDirectClub for several months and can attest to how quickly the organization is moving, and in the right direction. Are there some hard days? Absolutely! But the excitement and engagement from every team member outweighs the occasional hard days. If you are afraid of hard work then SmileDirectClub probably isn't for you - we work hard and sometimes that means we work a little longer than our friends. But if you like fast paced, exhilarating, and meaningful work that will help you grow and develop then you will feel right at home. The Leaders truly are Leaders - not 'bosses' and care deeply for their teams; they make development a priority. My team at SmileDirectClub has already become a 2nd family.
Pros
Very fair pay, free lunches, fun/engagement activities, great leaders
Cons
PTO & Benefits
11 February 2019

This is awesome feedback! We appreciate that you shouted out our fast pace and the passion of our team to move quickly and adapt to change. That's key here and something we are proud of within our team. We're thrilled that you've found great leadership and support within your team. As far as benefits go, this is something we are placing a large focus on as we continue to grow. We hope you will continue to share your voice on this and thank you again for all that you do.

Great Place to Work!
People & Organization (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN7 February 2019
SmileDirectClub is a great place to work. There is a lot of growth opportunity and working for a rapidly growing company is an amazing experience. The culture here is like none other and the team environment is something that cannot be compared. I'm excited for the future and where this company is headed.
8 February 2019

This is awesome to hear! Thank you so much for taking the time to share some kind words -- we are so appreciative for the team and culture that we have here.

Growing Young Company
Leader (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN7 February 2019
I have been at SmileDirectClub since 2017 and have seen it grow from a relatively small company into a global powerhouse. SDC has afforded me opportunities that I would not be able to experience working in other organizations.

I personally enjoy the fast pace and wearing many hats, but the environment is not for everyone. Change is a constant in any young company and you have to be very comfortable with ambiguity in order to be successful here. This company is full of smart, capable individuals who are passionate about our mission of improving people's self-confidence through better smiles.

I do think that salaries/benefits could be more competitive, especially in Nashville, where the cost of living has increased by 13% year over year and unemployment is the lowest in the country.

Overall, I am extremely happy with my role here at SDC and am hopeful that we are making the necessary changes to become a top global employer.
Cons
Pto
8 February 2019

We appreciate your input here! We're thrilled that you've been a part of our intense growth, and we're looking forward to all that is to come. That said, we thank you for calling out the fast pace -- we always want out team members to feel comfortable with the environment and unique culture we have here. We will certainly internalize your feedback, and we thank you for all that you do.

Disappointing Company
Corporate Team Member (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN7 February 2019
SDC has several flaws. Managers are not trained. The company is not diverse at corporate if you remove the contact center (sales, customer care, etc.). There's no development program in place to assist with growth. Throughout my time at SDC I've learned how to work in an environment that does not set you up for success by limiting just enough information so that you can not develop your own conclusions, and/or provide an answer to the issue in place.
Pros
Free lunches, dress code
Cons
Benefits, discrimination, management
8 February 2019

This is disappointing to see, as we take pride in developing our leadership to provide empathetic and growth driven guidance to our team members. That said, we know there is more that we could be doing in terms of development, and this will remain a priority as we grow this year. We'd like to hear more insight from you here, and we hope you will reach out to peoplesupport@smiledirectclub.com.

Awesome place to work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN7 February 2019
In love with this company! We win as a Team every day, every single smile means we're doing it right! What's not to like about that? I'm really proud of being a #SMILEMAKER
8 February 2019

That's what we like to hear! Thank you so much for your kind words -- and keep creating those smiles. :)

Career Advancement
People & Organization (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN7 February 2019
The pace that SmileDirectClub is growing at is incredible. The company has grown by over 3000 team members since I started and it's so exciting to be part of the early stages of an international company. Management is open to suggestions from everyone and they do a great job of keeping us informed about what's coming up in the future.

It's a very fast-paced environment but it's exciting. You know all the hours your putting in will make an impact on the growth of the company and that you're appreciated. There are lots of events and things to keep the culture up - contests, infobars, giveaways, etc.
Pros
free lunches, contests, work from home flexibility, transparency from leadership
Cons
parking
8 February 2019

We sure are proud of our growth and the team members that have supported this movement. We know that we have so many exciting things on the horizon, and we're thrilled to have you be a part of it. Thank you so much for the shout out and recognition of our unique culture and perks. It means a lot!

Amazing Culture!
SmileDirectClub Employee (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN7 February 2019
I love working at SmileDirectClub. Everyday is fast paced, and I love how quick it makes the days fly by. The people really make this place amazing. My co-workers are a big reason why I come to work everyday and we push each other to work hard! Very rewarding company. We help fix smiles for a living!
Pros
Events, pay, management
Cons
Benefits could be better, no gym
8 February 2019

That's what we're all about! We love making people smile from our customers to our team members, so this means a lot. Thank you for all that you do and for taking the time to leave some feedback.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Smile Direct Club. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7