Smile Direct Club

Smile Direct Club Employee Reviews

Canada17 reviews
very competitive
this job is not for the faint of heart. the pay is great and thats about it. your job is not secure and can be taken away at a moments. the company has LOTS of lawsuits against it
6 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. In reviewing your feedback, we would welcome any recommendations that you may have on how we can continue to improve. We want all of our Team Members to enjoy working at SmileDirectClub. Please send us an email at peoplesupport@smiledirectclub.com.
Fast pasted, ever changing
My daily life for the most part I enjoyed, I loved my team! When it came to separating though, it was the worst experience and extremely short notice. It was traumatic and I really felt like the workers no longer mattered, just the bottom line. My personal manager was great, but management for the company overall is not supportive from what I experienced.
6 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. If you are comfortable speaking with us, we would welcome the opportunity to discuss your feedback together. Please send us an email at peoplesupport@smiledirectclub.com.
Fun workplace.
Providing a smile to millions of people and be paid for it? Why not! The sales numbers are very exigent but it comes with the objectives of a hungry company that is changing the market.
5 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We couldn't spread smiles without you!
Terrible place to work
Company does not care about employees or customers. Will make you do anything for the sale. The job is pitched as dental but it’s 100% sales. If you’re ok being very pushy and slightly misleading then this is the place for you. It pays well but is very stressful.
7 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We strive to make our job descriptions as clear as possible. Our top priority is to provide a great customer and team member experience. If you have any other feedback that you would like to share, please send us an email at peoplesupport@smiledirectclub.com.
Do not waste your time
If you value your time do not work here! It’s nothing but stress and pressure. You will start hating waking up and going into work. The management stress you out to a point where you have panic attacks at work. When you have panic attacks at work management will think you are crazy they have 0 sympathy for you. You will have to make sure every single person who book a consultation signs up and gives you their credit card. You have to video your appointment and make sure every customer you took gives you a review. This place is not normal and I am warning you to not work here !! Everyone quits
17 November 2019
We appreciate you leaving us a review and are disheartened to hear that you feel that we do not care about our team members. No one should feel this way and we would love any ideas or improvements on what we could have done to resolve this. Please send us an email at peoplesupport@smiledirectclub.com.
Anxiety & stress
Do not waste your time here! Please these people do not care about their employees. I had a very bad experience while I was working here. The management only cares about the sales and the numbers. You can not reach out to anyone in this company if you are stressed or if you’re going through something. You are forced to record all your appointments which is very creepy and on top of that the management watches the videos and judges you. They will always pick on you about something even if you are doing everything right you will start having nightmares and anxiety at work honestly the pay is not worth your mental state
17 November 2019
Enjoyable yet challenging place to work
The culture of Smile Direct Club is quite positive and encouraging, however I find that the company only focuses on one number, that being your Fast Track % as a way to measure how valuable of a sales member you are for their team. Not much room for advancement, not yet anyway (in Canada). Job can also be repetitive and tasks can seem monotonous at times.
2 October 2019
We are happy you shared your positive experience with us. Our team members are essential, and we couldn’t spread the smiles without you! Best of smiles!
Progressive and Life Changing Company
I am very proud to be part of SDC. On a daily basis, I have the opportunity to change the lives of my customers. Often people come to us because they can't afford the cost of traditional ortho treatments. We are up to 60% less than the competitors, therefore making dreams a reality to those who cannot afford the hefty price tag of their other options.

In my position with SDC, I have so much opportunity. My job can be as much as I make of it. I have had many opportunities to travel, spend time with my peers in other markets. The development tools available to my team and myself are top notch.

I feel valued and respected by my team, including management. I always feel supported.

I can see myself hanging my hat here for a very long time.
2 October 2019
Thank you for sharing your experience. We value every piece of feedback we receive, and we know it takes time out of your busy day to complete! Keep on smiling!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Smile Direct Club?
Do not work here!!
I worked for this company for months . I was promised many things and the company and management never followed through . This is a sales job You are required to sell to people who have decay , dental disease ect knowing they wont be approved for treatment . You will then be punished when they don't buy the product. You will have anxiety attacks and break downs from the pressure. If you value your time do not work here. This is not. Dental assistant job . It’s. Sales JOB
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, hours, recorded appointments, pressured
2 October 2019
We would welcome any additional feedback that you may have on how we can continue to improve. Please feel to send us an email at peoplesupport@smiledirectclub.com.
Worst job ever
Worst job I’ve ever had. A day in the life of a smileguide is very hard. You’re pressured to make sales. You have to make sure 80% of the customers you scan Sign up and pay. We have to pressure customers to sign up even if they came to get a free consultation. Everything you do is micro managed you can’t even breath without being questioned. You are forced to record your appointment so the management can watch you and critique you. Nobody has a dental background. Promises from management are always broken. Smileguides are miserable. We have panic attacks from the pressure.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, hours, recorded appointments, pressured
2 October 2019
Thank you for sharing this feedback with us. We want all our team members to feel supported and will continue looking for ways to improve this. We hope our job descriptions and trainings provide clarity as well. Our People & Organization team is always available to meet and discuss any ideas or improvements you may have. You can also send us an email at peoplesupport@smiledirectclub.com.
Smile Guide
A typical day at work would involve seeing customers, trying to close the sales as well as reviewing videos during downtime and role-playing. I feel that management was not qualified for this position even with retail management experience. Co-workers were nice and it was fun to work there but they would try to give new people the customers that they assumed wouldn't sign on and this would then bring your sales numbers down. The hardest part was seeing a customer that was not a candidate and still having to close the sale. I felt that there was no work/life balance. Worked approx. 5-6 days a week.. 9-7:30 so I would be away from home for an entire day. No weekends off. High turnover rate especially with dental professionals. I didn't enjoy having my appointments recorded so that they could be watched and critiqued. They have great benefits and will give you the pay that you ask for if you are qualified. They also claim that they will hire and promote from within for management roles but this is not always the case. They usually will hire someone who has not been with the company and places them into a management position.
Pros
Fun coworkers, benefits, pay
Cons
Management, No work/life balance, slow days, high turnover, no weekends off
19 July 2019
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and leave this review. We are disappointed to hear about this and would love it if you shared any additional feedback with us at peoplesupport@smiledirectclub.com.
Does not respect employees
The company does not care about your availability and will schedule your shift whenever they want. The management was horrible and completely disorganized. They promise excellent benefits and coaching to reach bonus goals and then fail to deliver. The hourly wage is not worth it and I would not recommend working here to anyone who wishes to have their time and talents valued and respected.
2 October 2019
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We’re concerned to hear that you felt development was prioritized as one of our key cultural truths is to #winasateam. We have recently implemented some changes and trainings to encourage more conversations around growth, development, and leadership skills. If you have any more feedback about this, please send us an email at peoplesupport@smiledirectclub.com.
Worst job I've ever had.
-excessive pressure to achieve high sales
-anxiety ridden every single day

-poor management/higher ups do not care about you

-favoritism

-constant grief over any little unimportant thing

-no support

-back to back to back appointments, they work you like a slave and wonder why the teams are miserable.

This was not what I signed up for and instead of actually having a conversation with their guides, management hands out write ups over anything , breaks you down and makes you feel helpless. Incredibly negative experience for a company that could have had the potential to be life changing
Pros
Pay, coworkers
Cons
Management, stress, high pressure, bullying, no integrity, false incentives, harassment, etc.
2 October 2019
We appreciate you leaving us a review and are disheartened to hear that you feel that we do not care about our team members. We strive to create an environment where all of our team members feel at their best. We would welcome any additional ideas or improvements on what we could have done to resolve this. Please feel free to send us an email at peoplesupport@smiledirectclub.com.
they don't give everything they promise
They don't give what they promise, very poor work environment and no room for advancement. Also ethically it feels wrong as the treatment they deliver is not proper and normally customers are complaining and we don't know how to fix it at that point.
2 October 2019
Thank you for leaving us this feedback. We strive to make our job descriptions as clear as possible and hope that our trainings provide clarity as well. We’re disappointed that you feel misled and would love any additional
feedback on what we could have done better. Please reach out to your People and Organization Business Partner so that we can collect feedback and make improvements or email us at peoplesupport@smiledirectclub.com.
Superb place to work !
Fabulous job where you are empowered and inspired to achieve ! Love the opportunity for growth , and ability to stretch yourself development wise !
Team culture and values is lived daily from all parts of the organization.

Enjoying the ability to help others achieve their best selves !
Pros
Fun, passion, development, values, culture, opportunity for growth
Cons
Launch of programs, could be more streamlined by rolling out then launching vs launching then providing instructions
2 October 2019
We appreciate your thoughtful words. The best way we can help support our customers, is by supporting our team members first! All the smiles!
Great team environment/pay
They’re a good company to work for. In my time working at sdc it’s been a great stress free experience. Any questions I had were answered and the team I had were genuine. There could be some slow days based on the appointments, but we constantly find ways to improve on our productivity and have fun with it.
Pros
Pay, hours, great team, location, great building of transferable skills
Cons
Minimal room for advancement
2 October 2019
We’re glad you had a great experience working with us. We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us! Happiest of smiles!
i love my new job at smile direct club
I never seen a company like this before who really care about their people and wants to hear feedback from them ! As well they give you all the tools you need to succeed in your job. Super fun on boarding training in Nashville really nice if you like to travel and be part of something special
2 October 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We love seeing this. Keep spreading smiles!