SMART Technologies Employee Review

View all SMART Technologies reviews

A typical day at work, for me:
Customs, Import and Export Documentation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON5 November 2013
The word typical doesn't apply to SMART Technologies because this organization is ever moving and evolving in a very positive way.

My tasks, although at times repetitive, were always challenging and that is something I managed with pride and good work ethics.

I learned something new every day. Whether it was about cultures, new Customs regulations or simply about shipping lanes, there is always something new to discover. This made my day interesting and enjoyable.

The SMART Technologies global teams were always there to lend a hand when required or appreciative of my assistance to them. We were a team.

I wouldn't say that there were hard parts to the job, merely challenges, such as time zones and having the capability of reaching contacts abroad.

The most enjoyable part of this position was being able to say that I had done a good job that day, confident that our customers were satisfied and that I had contributed to the success of the company.
Pros
Very friendly office environment; good products, good food in the cafeteria, free beverages.
Cons
Re-structuring is a necessity in order to prosper, my position was eliminated due to the last re-structuring.

Other SMART Technologies Employee Reviews

a nice place to work
Quality Assurance Analyst - Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 April 2018
SMART have very nice people. People there work together like a family. Due to the restructure of the company, it doesn't feel very stable to work there.
Too much inexperience in the management team.
Senior System Test and Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 March 2018
A directionless sweatshop. The program/product management team is floundering and Is causing all other development teams to drown in technical, operational and professional uncertainty.
Pros
Great trench mates and a good job.
Cons
Very weak project management and bullying operational management.