Smart Abacus Academy Employee Reviews

3.0Pay & Benefits
3.8Job Security & Advancement
Great Environment and Preparation for Education Career
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON15 October 2018
My experience working here was very enjoyable. All the coworkers work well together, and teaching students is a great passion of everyone who is hired. A typical day would consist of creating lesson plans, working with the camp students as well as debriefing with the rest of the staff. The workplace is always comfortable and everyone worked collectively in order to complete all tasks on time and with efficiency, whether it was in the classroom, or at field-trips or doing administration.
Pros
Welcoming Work Atmosphere
Experiences as a volunteer at Smart Abacus Academy.
Work/Volunteer Experiences (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON4 September 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time volunteering as a teacher at Smart Abacus Academy over the summer. This was my first official "job" which I was given a responsibility for certain tasks outside of school. Teaching children was one of the most pleasant experiences I've had so far and I definitely would do it again. Meeting and getting to know all the students opened my eyes to how different everybody was. This experience taught me to do patient, responsible, caring, as well as adapting to the different needs of everybody in the classroom. Planning and teaching lessons was a very exciting task, and leading the class on field trips was also a great experience.
Pros
Amazing employees and a great opportunity to grow as a person
Cons
Compromising the endless amounts of conditions from parents
Grass Roots place of teaching
Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON9 May 2016
As a summer camp counsellor at Smart Abacus Academy I was given the opportunity to create lesson plans for kids from jk-gr5 during my many years of working there to learn in accordance of school cirriculum in math and english. Mornings are dedicated to english and math lessons and in the afternoons different workshops are available for the children to enjoy throughout the week (ie. arts and crafts, gym, science, french). Co-workers were similar aged students interested in going into teaching.