Slingshot Transportation, Inc

Slingshot Transportation, Inc Employee Reviews

Different from most Transportation Companies

Slingshot is different from most companies I have worked with. They care about their people and try hard to treat them well. I find that they are very different in how they treat drives as well. Nothing bad to say from me.

Pros

Organized, respectful, progressive

Cons

Can't think of anything

Worked there 7 years and had a blast

They treat you well and fair if you do your job. Pay is great the dispatch team was great and management treats you well if you work with not against them. Also the best team of drivers I have worked with. Equipment is all new and well maintained.

Stay far away from this company

Very poorly managed company. The previous posts of people being pushed to tears is true. This place will ride you like a rented mule until you break. Leadership, which is a dismal failure, is run from the 90's Japanese business plan and whatever psychology book happens to be popular that week. It is irresponsible and blames employees for it's own shortcomings. If you want to be a scapegoat then this is the place for you High staff turnover No growth Hostile Management Team. They tout that it is a team environment but it really means "Just do as we say" You cannot question or try to innovate any processes. Tow the line or get out.

Stay far away from this company

Very poorly managed company. The previous posts of people being pushed to tears is true. This place will ride you like a rented mule until you break. Leadership, which is a dismal failure, is run from the 90's Japanese business plan and whatever psychology book happens to be popular that week. It is irresponsible and blames employees for it's own shortcomings. If you want to be a scapegoat then this is the place for you.

No hard work here. Go to work to sleep

One of the worst places to work if you are a hard worker. No incentive to do anything above and beyond the call of duty. Managment is poor. Benefits are lousy. Work is mind numbing.

Pros

No lifting

Cons

Managment

Easy work, terrible management

To put it bluntly, it’s all smoke and mirrors, the work is easy, wages are good, benefits are far from great, very basic, poor communication between mgmt and staff (lying to drivers) management changes things as it suits their needs. Dismissing people because they can, If the positive reviews were accurate the person would not have departed, with the work being easy is the only reason I’m staying there.

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Everything else

Respect, Fairness and Excellent Compensation

What I like most about working for Slingshot is from the top down employees are treated with respect. Management does their best to create a team oriented environment making sure employees are supported each day. Slingshot focuses on results and hiring good people but also believe part of the work day is to have a little fun to let off some steam. It is a relaxed atmosphere in what can be a very serious industry. I am very happy working for Slingshot and plan to continue for many years.

Pros

Team Environment, Above average compensation

Cons

Can be stressful

Fun Workplace and Great Staff

The staff are great and everyone gets along. If you come to work and work you will have no issues. Management are great! If you ask questions they will help you. Pay and work life balance id fairly good. I would recommend this place to work.

Pros

Pay and work life balance

The best job I've ever had

I have been in the transportation industry for 50 years. 3 years ago I retired from another company. After a year I wanted to get back into driving. I found Slingshot in September of 2017 and I am currently still employed here. I wish I would have found Slingshot 20 years ago I would have worked here until I retired! The dispatch team here are wonderful and go out of there way for there drivers. They are very accommodating and respectful to there staff. The equipment here is clean, well maintained and very safe. If I write something up dispatch and safety will make sure its repaired.

Pros

flexable dispatch and respect

Cons

nothing I can think of

Terrible Place To Work

This company is very shady to there emoloyess. They just keep people around long enough to use them and then let them go when the find someone they can pay less. They constantly lie to there most loyal employees. The management is very lazy at main office and just pile more work on the hourly employees while they stay on there phones. Do not work here unless you want short term employment.

Great Place to work

Great place to work! Very open door policy. When I started I wasn't familiar with the software and the management team helped me with additional training. They state "Open Door" like a lot of companies do but this company really means it. If you have questions they are there to help. Its nice to see a company thrive to see there staff succeed. Good job Slingshot - its awesome to see team work in a workplace.

Pros

Management, work life balance, salary, workload

Cons

can's think of any right now

Great atmosphere, great people

Great atmosphere with an open office concept. Management is always thoughtful and friendly. The organization is based on exceptional team work and values family and team bonding.

Pros

Work hard, play hard

Excellent culture, just do your job!!

I loved working at this company. The people are great, the management team wants to see their employees succeed. The only issues I've seen have been with lazy employees that don't last long; if you're coming to work here, make sure you do your job.

Pros

Loved the people I worked with.

Cons

Can be stressful during busy times.

Great Place to work

all staff are very friendly. Good pay - excellent employee moral. Management are awesome. Lots of perks to working here. Management care about there staffs well being.

Pros

good pay and benefits

Cons

cant think of any

This is not a healthy work place.

Official response from Slingshot Transportation, Inc

29 September 2017
It is always important to focus on facts; our explosive growth i.e. 80% over a 2 year period was challenging and exciting at the same time. This growth required rapid response and direction and some people had difficulty due to a lack of understanding, rigid thinking and the fact that it was not their way. Slingshot is focused on a team approach which has allowed us to be successful despite many challenges. The team environment is not for everyone.

Small company that cares.

The company is small enough that they are fantastic with working with you to form the job to your strengths and provide help to work around your weaknesses. They are very fair and treat the employees well.

Pros

small enough to feel like a team

Cons

Very high stress working under quick deadlines

Great team

A fast paced environment, with many moving parts. Company has policies and procedures for all aspects of the job, training was designed with personal input and with my learning curves in mind. Upper management has motivating and inspiring outlook on both professional and personal growth. Co-workers are very team oriented and have a culture that is different from any other work setting that I have ever worked in. The most challenging aspect thus far has been remembering all of the policies and procedures, they will take time to fully comprehend. Its a great accomplishment to see a job from start to finish, its satisfying to see the results by a tracking system provided by the company with a close 100% fulfillment rate.

Pros

great team

Fantastic people oriented company to work for

One of the best transportation companies to work for. Treat their people like they matter, not like numbers! Great place to learn and grow.

Runs are few and far between and paperwork is heavy and redundent

Can be on call weekends and weekdays.Issues with workplace hazards and paying for items for trucks and not getting reembursed.

Pros

good runs when available

Cons

lost alot of good runs

i liked working for slingshot they r the best

incompairable with the rest until i will find somewhere better

a very good company to work for

a good place to work and my boss was exceptional i liked it there alot

Pros

very good environment

Cons

no complaints

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Slingshot Transportation, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement