Sleep Country Canada

Sleep Country Canada Employee Reviews

Featured review
Sleep Country Canada selected this as a representative review
Great company to work for, A typical day includes opening up the store, printing reports for deliveries, calling customers to confirm those deliveries. In a mall environment we speak to several customers daily.
I worked at Sleep Country Canada for 10 years as a Distribution manager and a regional Distribution manager. A iconic Canadian company with integrity and character. A responsible corporate citizen with true values and mission statement. A place that cares about its most important assets, it’s people. And the people care about the success of the organization. Hats off to the senior leadership team for creating and maintaining a true value driven culture
Pros
Lots to list
Cons
Salaries could be amended to match the industry
I’ve only worked with sleep country a year and there are more benefits and perks to this job then I realized, entirely customer service focused so it never feels like I’m a sales shark, but while still making a really good paycheque. I love sleep country and can’t recommend them enough!
Their is alot of good training and teamwork at the company I found that they were fair to the employees and did try and do alot of team events. The salary in operations tend to be a bit lower then the average but they do pay well at the sales level which does make sense since these are the people that keep the maching running as they say
Pros
team events go karting, shooting range. barbecues etc
Cons
little advancement at the management level.
They have the bones for a great company to work for but management needs to be monitored. Lots can go on the wayside. Everyone wants to get ahead, including the managers and if you are a top selling salesperson, they are insecure about possibly losing their job to you one day. Its the way it is there. No work/life balance. Shift changes last minute and holidays are scheduled by seniority. And the older ones make sure you know this.
Pros
If you are skilled, you can make $$$. Discounts on products you sell.
Cons
no work/life balance. Favoritism
I won't be going back as the work-life balance was poor, really it wasn't there at all. The job came first and anything else didn't matter. You would arrive at work and that is pretty much all you did, granted that is a job but you were expected to work whenever they called you in.
Overall great place to work, great team to work with. Sometimes, day goes very fast. Great income and lots of opportunities for growth within company and departments.
Pros
Lots of opportunities for growth. Good income.
Cons
Its retail so bye bye weekends.
I have always been a pleasant and outgoing person. A good listener and a team player. Sales has been my career for the past 35 years and have notched up an impressive track record. Have the capacity to adapt to new environment and come out sucessful. Determination and hard work is my strength.
Good place to work but sales management is weak. Very little leadership at the local level with a lot of task managers. Upper management is great. Compensation is good and training is strong. Long hours and they are always asking for more. Sometimes you have to work alone. Good people.
The organisational structure and management staff are wonderful and down to earth but the over labour and understaffing tend to put more undue pressure on warehouse staff fulfilling task of working on forklift, order picker without support on picking heavy items (adjustable base et al) lonely and this usually bring about injury at work and wear out @Pointclaire branch I worked.
Working at sleep Country is overall a good experience. However, as a commission-based company selling is the key to the kingdom. Otherwise you're working for minimum wage. The overall atmosphere is calm and it is definitely a better company to work for then most corporate companies.
Great place to work at, great people and company culture. Flexible with work life a balance understanding management, great opportunity for growth advancement.
Responsible for loading customer's orders, store maintenance, assisting with customer service and selling Constant learning and growing with the company while continuously adapting to change
Pros
Enjoy winning trips, great benefits
Cons
Challenges include loading customer's orders on my own, long hours
Everyday i went to work i reached at approximatley 6:45-7am. Then i would drink some hot chocolate in the morning so i felt nice and ready to work. i learned how to work smart and not hard so i dont damage myself.
SCC have declined in regards of it respect the needs of employees in favour of shareholders interest the management don’t care anymore sad but true. The website is taking vast amounts of the income of the 100% commissioned sales associates and every year the majority of associates incomes are decreasing and will continue to do so.
Working at Sleep Country Canada has its ups and downs. Like any company, there are good departments to work in, and vice versa. I would recommend that you look into a sales position (nothing on the delivery side), or you will feel under appreciated and overworked. Company policies benefit those who make the sales.
Pros
Paid one hour lunch
Cons
Back breaking work
I have enjoyed my stay at SleepCounty. The environment is collaborative and very team oriented most of the time. Management is very supportive when needed and they will do everything in their power to keep you. This is however not a job for someone with a young family. The hours are long (11 a day) and you have to be willing to work weekends every week. I can see this being a great job for older individuals that don't have young children and some savings as it takes a bit of time to build a book for business. There is a guaranteed minimum but its not very survivable
Not good if u have kids or newly married. Also if u or ur spouse have any health problems during training they will do whatever they can to fire u. They hate paying your salary out of their pocket n expect u 2 generate profit within 4 to 7 weeks. Will take u out for lunches but expect immediate return. Also I saw reps that knew less than me as a trainee which made me wonder why there still working there
Wouldn’t recommend this job for a person with a family. Been working here a while now and I don’t get much time with my kids. Working every weekend and double digit shifts. Benefits are good but targets can be a bit difficult to reach.
Sleep Country Canada began as an excellent work opportunity for me because I was recently married and had my first child and needed stability, benefits and a decent remuneration which I achieved.. The company was new and exciting with the potential of ongoing opportunities for financial improvement which again was accomplished. Unfortunately in more recent years things began to deteriorate for the sales staff. It seemed to have happened after the company went public. Management became increasingly intolerant to the point of being abusive and dishonest only to be given free reign and fully supported by HR and thus my exiting the company after 23 years.
awesome place to work depending on the store you work out of long hours but great commissions difficult to multitask when many people are in store sometimes