Play YouTube video button

Canada65 reviews
Featured review
Sleep Country Canada selected this as a representative review
Great work environment
Great company to work for, A typical day includes opening up the store, printing reports for deliveries, calling customers to confirm those deliveries.

In a mall environment we speak to several customers daily.
A talent to influence people and gain friends.
I have always been a pleasant and outgoing person. A good listener and a team player.
Sales has been my career for the past 35 years and have notched up an impressive track record. Have the capacity to adapt to new environment and come out sucessful. Determination and hard work is my strength.
competitive
Good place to work but sales management is weak. Very little leadership at the local level with a lot of task managers. Upper management is great. Compensation is good and training is strong. Long hours and they are always asking for more. Sometimes you have to work alone. Good people.
Overlabour of warehouse staff at achieving set target with no support.
The organisational structure and management staff are wonderful and down to earth but the over labour and understaffing tend to put more undue pressure on warehouse staff fulfilling task of working on forklift, order picker without support on picking heavy items (adjustable base et al) lonely and this usually bring about injury at work and wear out @Pointclaire branch I worked.
Employee review
Working at sleep Country is overall a good experience. However, as a commission-based company selling is the key to the kingdom. Otherwise you're working for minimum wage. The overall atmosphere is calm and it is definitely a better company to work for then most corporate companies.
Work Life Balance
Great place to work at, great people and company culture.
Flexible with work life a balance understanding management,

great opportunity for growth advancement.
Long hours, commission base employment
Responsible for loading customer's orders, store maintenance, assisting with customer service and selling
Constant learning and growing with the company while continuously adapting to change
Pros
Enjoy winning trips, great benefits
Cons
Challenges include loading customer's orders on my own, long hours
alot of mattresses and heavy machinery
Everyday i went to work i reached at approximatley 6:45-7am. Then i would drink some hot chocolate in the morning so i felt nice and ready to work. i learned how to work smart and not hard so i dont damage myself.
Declining standards of a once great culture
SCC have declined in regards of it respect the needs of employees in favour of shareholders interest the management don’t care anymore sad but true.
The website is taking vast amounts of the income of the 100% commissioned sales associates and every year the majority of associates incomes are decreasing and will continue to do so.
Delivery Is Not a Good Idea
Working at Sleep Country Canada has its ups and downs. Like any company, there are good departments to work in, and vice versa. I would recommend that you look into a sales position (nothing on the delivery side), or you will feel under appreciated and overworked. Company policies benefit those who make the sales.
Pros
Paid one hour lunch
Cons
Back breaking work
Collaborative team environemnt
I have enjoyed my stay at SleepCounty. The environment is collaborative and very team oriented most of the time. Management is very supportive when needed and they will do everything in their power to keep you. This is however not a job for someone with a young family. The hours are long (11 a day) and you have to be willing to work weekends every week. I can see this being a great job for older individuals that don't have young children and some savings as it takes a bit of time to build a book for business. There is a guaranteed minimum but its not very survivable
My review
Not good if u have kids or newly married. Also if u or ur spouse have any health problems during training they will do whatever they can to fire u. They hate paying your salary out of their pocket n expect u 2 generate profit within 4 to 7 weeks. Will take u out for lunches but expect immediate return. Also I saw reps that knew less than me as a trainee which made me wonder why there still working there
Better for a single person
Wouldn’t recommend this job for a person with a family. Been working here a while now and I don’t get much time with my kids. Working every weekend and double digit shifts. Benefits are good but targets can be a bit difficult to reach.
The company still offers stability and a decent benefits package.
Sleep Country Canada began as an excellent work opportunity for me because I was recently married and had my first child and needed stability, benefits and a decent remuneration which I achieved..
The company was new and exciting with the potential of ongoing opportunities for financial improvement which again was accomplished.

Unfortunately in more recent years things began to deteriorate for the sales staff. It seemed to have happened after the company went public.

Management became increasingly intolerant to the point of being abusive and dishonest only to be given free reign and fully supported by HR and thus my exiting the company after 23 years.
great staff and culture
awesome place to work depending on the store you work out of long hours but great commissions difficult to multitask when many people are in store sometimes
great company culture
It was like you were part of a family working there, everyone made you feel welcome. The managers would do a lot to ensure a stress-free environment. The celebration of many different holidays are a big thing there, this shows the company has a lot of character.
Providing excellent customer service and getting the correct product for the client is an important task.
Everyday starts with customer handling, typically finding the best product for clients. On a regular different day customer comes to store with different need and requirement, what needs to be addressed in a professional way.
Don't like the way they treat me.
I work with dormez-vous/sleep country in Montreal. I intend to move to brampton, I went through the interview stage. I got a mail from brampton office asking me when to resume of which I told them june 1st 2019.Unfortunately, the declined my offer at the last minute after I transferred my lease apartment to someone else and ready to move to brampton.
Really painful and annoying.
Productive and diversive place
I enjoyed being part of Sleep Country Acct team. The Manager was amazing. I miss that place. The VP of the Accounting was very knowledgeable and she was a team player. She always was smiling even in peak times and making the whole team very motivated especially on monthly end closures .
Pros
Collaborative staff
Cons
Further away
Great place to work. Must be able to adopt to change, constantly bounced to different stores. Training is great as ling your with an experienced trainer
Pros
Free lunch on meeting days
Cons
Extra long hours
Good money, higher up management is awesome basic managers blah..
I very much enjoy the regionals and higher management very reasonable. lower end management is harder to deal with. To much drama in the lower end management. To much favoritism for associates that have been with the company longer.
Your never lieing to customers. You will make decent money if you exorb and listen to your training sessions. Training is provided and you do get paid while doing it. Also very helpful. You only will make no money if you don't try and or your terrible sales person.
Pros
Excellent training, great benefits, decent money, great product to sell
Cons
High school Drama (ignorant associates), long days.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sleep Country Canada. Our community is ready to answer.