Sleeman Breweries

Sleeman Breweries Employee Reviews

Canada56 reviews

Amazing benefits! Work atmosphere is excellent

I would recommend working at sleeman breweries and wild rose breweries. They have treated me so well and I had amazing training! Work is fast pace and key attention to detail

Toxic management

Pros: co workers in other departments were nice to work with and very helpful. Free beer. Pay and benefits were good. Cons: management in legal department was toxic, micromanager. I missed the red flag the person in the role before me was only there 5 months before they left.

Good low-stress student summer job

You mostly just press a couple of buttons and write some stuff down but if something goes wrong it can get a little stressful. However, the rest of the team is always available to help you and the supervisors are great. You get discounted beer which is awesome. You also get extended breaks when it gets really hot outside which is really nice.

productive environment. management is helpful in getting you started with your job and everyone is willing to help.

Good work culture. I started as Maintenance Co-op student. I came from different background so there was a steep learning curve. However, everyone around you are experts like maintenance planner, senior electrician, plumber, pipe fitter so you can get help and they are very helpful.

Pros

free beer, engaging environment (always in production for beer)

Cons

can be very busy sometimes but rewarding, can be placed in a portable (pretty cold)

Collaborative, Actual Work-Life Balance, Fun!

This organization wants to see their employees thrive, and puts time and energy into developing their employees. Management understands that life happens, Sleeman prioritizes family and work-life balance. It's also a fun industry! Everyone is very passionate about what they do; they work hard and are willing to help each other out.

It was a good place to work as a AZ driver

I worked for 10 1/2 years as AZ truck driver. Things have turned around quite a bit in the last 4 years. New management with new ideas and with new budget.

Fun collaborative environment

Company treats employees very well. Everyone worked as a team. Great benefits.I would have loved to get on permanentEveryone seemed very happy to be there.

Benefits

Cons

Interesting business to be in.

Good place to work, can be a challenge at times but I am sure that is common. Some of the shift work can be challenging but they are good at letting you know what you will be working so you can properly prepare.

Good experience

I worked on a short term contract at Sleeman but the experience was fine. The work environment was relaxed and I had good support from managers Nothing negative to say

Très agréable

J'ai bien aimé travailler avec l'équipe , super bien

Great atmosphere!

Great atmosphere. The people were a joy to work with and the beer allowance was quite enjoyable! The pay was very good as well. Having the ability to change the areas I worked in kept the work challenging which I enjoyed.

Productive, fun, yet competitve at the same time

I enjoyed my time working at Sleeman Breweries, management was very kind to me. Any issues or questions that came up would be handled very professionally. My co-workers were very respectful and made sure i understood what the job entailed and that I was properly trained. They looked out for as if I had been there for years.

Amazing summer opportunity for students

I really enjoyed working here in the packaging department the last 2 summers.It was fun and I learned a lot about the process and different stages to package beer

A growing company with historical roots

When I worked at Sleeman they were transitioning their systems to amalgamate Sleeman with the Sapporo group. There was some great talent on board but still experiencing the growing pains of combining very different organizations and leadership styles. Employees seemed to enjoy working in the plant - beer tastings were a nice perk as well as an allotment of beer for employees to enjoy on an annual basis.

Pros

Free beer and sample days

Cons

Disjointed administration processes

Fun workplace

Everything about my job was enjoyable from my colleagues and the rewarding work itself.

Great company to work for

Enjoyed my tenure at Sleeman, fun atmosphere. Great teams to be engaged with and like their products. Workplace culture was great to be involved with.

Poor leadership

The management in AR Is not the best, the ability to communicate and lead is very poor. The team itself is small, the office is also small. On the plus side you do get beer.

Great Place to Work, Great People.

It was an absolute joy to work here, the work-life balance was superb, management was competent, and the benefits were very good. The workplace culture is centred around an attitude of continuous improvement.

Pros

Occasional Free Lunches, Free Coffee, Great People

Honest people with respect at all levels of employment.

Productive, clean plant with a positive atmosphere. Rewarding place to work, management is experienced and intelligent. Recommended place to work for certain.

Pros

People

Cons

Relaxed atmosphere with really friendly people

Always able to feel comfortable, friendly manager who was really relaxed. As long as the work got done there was never any issues. Would definitely go back if commute wasn't an hour bus ride.

Pros

Really relaxed

Cons

No cons

Friendly Work Environment

Departments work well together. Departmental leaders are level-headed and trustworthy, and support one another when needed. Solid organization, that respects its employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sleeman Breweries. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement