Sleeman Breweries Employee Reviews

Great people to work with
Delivery Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON12 February 2018
I worked as a delivery driver helper with a very kind co-worker I enjoyed my time there, Although I don't know how the job is in the long term as I only did temporary work there.
Pros
Positive Employees
Cons
Very Hot during summer
Bon avantages sociaux
Manutentionnaire (Current Employee) –  Anjou, QC1 February 2018
Bonne experience de travaille formation pour sorte d appareilles et sur la sante securiter
Enjoyable work, but management weren't so enjoyable
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON21 December 2017
The employees themselves were great and the work was fast-paced and enjoyable. But no matter how hard employees worked we were continuously told how we weren't' working "hard enough".
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON6 August 2017
I've been there for 2 years and I have loved my time with the company so far. The people, culture and environment is very good. The management promote continuous learning and are supportive of new initiatives you take on to make internal processes better
Tough start but good job
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Vernon, BC25 April 2017
It's tough to get on full time but if you can make it through the on call time and into the union its a great paying job with great benefits. Company doesn't seem to have any loyalty to staffers though.
Pros
Union job great pay
Power trip
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC5 April 2017
I worked there for an entire year. Long story short: Management is the absolute worst! They treat their entry level employees like they're disposable rather than coaching them to move up within the company.
Pros
pays decent
Cons
everything else
Fantastic Culture
BUSINESS ANALYST, IT and Project Management (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON29 May 2016
Excellent place to work! Fantastic culture and wonderful people. Very skilled individuals working collaboratively.
Équipe très dynamique et agréable
Aide-livreur (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC19 April 2016
Une des plus belles équipes de travail avec laquelle j'ai pu travailler!
L'emploi était dynamique, demandait une certaine interaction avec les clients et a fait de mon passage une expérience mémorable!
Great
Sales (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 April 2016
From the time you get in to when you leave there is always something to do, staff is friendly and helpful. Ive learnt that patience is key while working here, as someone who is consistently go go go I love to stay busy, when their is down time I will go and find other things to do to ensure I am staying productive.
Poor management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC20 October 2015
Horrible current manager who is covering a mat leave position. Swears, does not communicate well, no scheduling skills, not reliable and very speaks very rude .Overall the company has too much favouritism.
Pros
N/a
An environment where everyone throws each other under the bus
anoymous (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON2 October 2015
Overall this is one of most political companies to work for. All senior management are men. Boys club mentality and immature egotistical managers that have no clue about their subject matter.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Management is an absolute joke
productive workplace
Human Resource Technician (Former Employee) –  Lachine, QC5 February 2015
It pays well and people are very nice. The coworkers are professional and approachable people. The schedule was also fair.
this was a fast pace productive job,,,
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS20 September 2014
a typical day would start early morning ...the first thing was to clean the equipment before the production, I was to have everything up and running by the time the clean bottles came out of the soaker (machine that washes the glass) ,now run the fast pace filler machine ,filling whatever our production was for that day, do checks and data sheets every hour or as required,, working 8 hr shifts and overtime as needed I enjoyed this job very much the coworkers and management were all great to work with ,no issues of any kind ,,also did the monthly inventory on product I lost my job after the plant closed down ..November 2013..
Great company overall
Territory Manager - GTA West (Former Employee) –  GTA12 June 2014
As with most companies in the Alcohol Industry, pay is very low for Sales reps
Pros
Beer
Cons
Pay
Productive fun place to work with flexable hours
Was head brewer (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth Nova Scotia5 December 2013
My day started at 3am or 10 am. I always got along really good with the management we were close. I worked with all kinds of different people who made the place really easy to come to. The hardest part of my job was getting up at 2am and working in very hot conditions. I've learned working there that it takes a good team of people to make a business succeed. The most enjoyable part of my job was I had a lot fun with the people I worked with and 16 years just flew by.
Pros
free beer
Cons
Always feared the place would be closed and it did
Positive enjoyable place to work.
Material Handler/Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Warehouse/ guelph ontario.21 November 2013
A typical day consists of loading and unloading of beer and materials neccesary to perform the production of beer.
I've learned how to multi task and work in a fast paced environment, with safety as the first priority.
I work with a great crew of people who respect each other, safety and the company.
The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing Sleeman Brewries care about there employees and there well being, unfortunatly due to business decisions related to logistics they have had to make some personnel cuts.
Pros
free beer
A Great Start
Receptionist/Accounts Receivables Assistant (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC20 September 2013
I enjoyed my job at Sleeman Breweries. My job included a variety of different daily tasks that kept me on my toes. It allowed me to learn a lot of skills that i can take to my next job. I know how to use Oracle R12, Moneris solutions, I have a knowledge in the sales department, and customer service department. I had wonderful co workers and we all helped eachother out. The hardest part of my job was managing reception duties while performing accounts receivable duties in front of customers, however i believe i was able to balance these duties the longer i was employed there. I liked being busy and efficient. I really enjoyed working with so many wonderful people and gaining relationships with customers. There is however, little room for advancement at this company and i look forward to taking what i have learned, and advancing at my next role.
Pros
wonderful co workers, introduction into the sales world
Cons
no room for advancement
Good place to get hands on experience for millwrights
Red Seal Millwright (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON26 April 2013
Every day is different and like working with a group.
There is more time off when working twelve hour shifts.
constant change for improvement - great beer benefits
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON13 February 2013
good team enviroment. very fast paced and had to adapt to change in a hurry. Very stressful need a better work life balance. good company benefits. Free lunches every month!
Pros
good beer allowance' benefits and free lunches
Cons
long hours depending on what dept. you worked in