Sleeman Breweries

Sleeman Breweries Employee Reviews

Canada38 reviews
I worked on a short term contract at Sleeman but the experience was fine.
The work environment was relaxed and I had good support from managers

Nothing negative to say
J'ai bien aimé travailler avec l'équipe , super bien
Great atmosphere. The people were a joy to work with and the beer allowance was quite enjoyable!
The pay was very good as well. Having the ability to change the areas I worked in kept the work challenging which I enjoyed.
I enjoyed my time working at Sleeman Breweries, management was very kind to me. Any issues or questions that came up would be handled very professionally. My co-workers were very respectful and made sure i understood what the job entailed and that I was properly trained. They looked out for as if I had been there for years.
I really enjoyed working here in the packaging department the last 2 summers.It was fun and I learned a lot about the process and different stages to package beer
When I worked at Sleeman they were transitioning their systems to amalgamate Sleeman with the Sapporo group. There was some great talent on board but still experiencing the growing pains of combining very different organizations and leadership styles.

Employees seemed to enjoy working in the plant - beer tastings were a nice perk as well as an allotment of beer for employees to enjoy on an annual basis.
Pros
Free beer and sample days
Cons
Disjointed administration processes
Everything about my job was enjoyable from my colleagues and the rewarding work itself.
Enjoyed my tenure at Sleeman, fun atmosphere. Great teams to be engaged with and like their products. Workplace culture was great to be involved with.
The management in AR Is not the best, the ability to communicate and lead is very poor. The team itself is small, the office is also small. On the plus side you do get beer.
It was an absolute joy to work here, the work-life balance was superb, management was competent, and the benefits were very good. The workplace culture is centred around an attitude of continuous improvement.
Pros
Occasional Free Lunches, Free Coffee, Great People
Productive, clean plant with a positive atmosphere. Rewarding place to work, management is experienced and intelligent. Recommended place to work for certain.
Pros
People
Cons
Always able to feel comfortable, friendly manager who was really relaxed. As long as the work got done there was never any issues.

Would definitely go back if commute wasn't an hour bus ride.
Pros
Really relaxed
Cons
No cons
Departments work well together. Departmental leaders are level-headed and trustworthy, and support one another when needed. Solid organization, that respects its employees.
always on the go
was able to learn and operate every machine in the plant

overall the management was good there

they started becoming very safety conscious just as was leaving
Pros
free beer
Co-workers were very supportive. Largely self-directed training through the use of manuals. Workplace culture was changing during my employment from a "small family company" feeling to a large corporation culture.
Pros
Beer allowance
Cons
Job training was largely self directed through manuals - not hands on
I worked as a delivery driver helper with a very kind co-worker I enjoyed my time there, Although I don't know how the job is in the long term as I only did temporary work there.
Pros
Positive Employees
Cons
Very Hot during summer
Communications faciles avec tous les niveaux et opérations.
Bonne experience de travaille formation pour sorte d appareilles et sur la sante securiter
The employees themselves were great and the work was fast-paced and enjoyable. But no matter how hard employees worked we were continuously told how we weren't' working "hard enough".
I've been there for 2 years and I have loved my time with the company so far. The people, culture and environment is very good. The management promote continuous learning and are supportive of new initiatives you take on to make internal processes better
L'oie du nord n'existe plus.
Elle a été crée comme division breuvage de ID Foods lorsque la distribution des bieres a été obtenue pour le Quebec.

Puis en 2000, Sleeman Breweries a acheté sont distributeur L'oie du Nord (et ses employés)

Vous comprendrez que de 1992 (ID Foods) @ 2006 (Sleeman) il s'agit pour moi d'un travail continue sans perte d'emploi.
Pros
Grandes possibiltés d'avancement dont j'ai profité
Cons
Quitter suite a l'achat de la compagnie, une entreprise que j'ai en plus haute estime et avec laquelle j'ai gardé contact.