Skynet Wireless

Skynet Wireless Employee Reviews

All the employees are very cooperative and supportive. I really enjoyed my tenure with skynet wireless specially those traveling opportunities helps to add on more skill in my resume.
There is no communication and feedback providing at all and evaluations are hidden from you instead of using to empower you which is the worst issue. There is not any well organized training for the job and no proper way for staff growth. Mostly students who need the job can tolerate it and right after graduation they leave...Worst working culture and stressful I had ever seen.
The company as a whole is really a great company to work for. As a general rule your co-workers are good people that are fun to work with and most everyone gets along. There is a bit of a division between the Island and mainland stores which leads to frustrations on both sides, but it really isn't something you have to deal with excessively. Lots of potential with the commission and Bonus Structure to make a lot more than one would expect from the outside looking in. You can earn trips to Mexico, Las Vegas, etc, new phones and other products as well. You do get a lot of support form upper management but sometimes the targets do seem a little high and not exactly divided in a way that makes sense between all the stores which can lead to some frustrations for the stores that seem to be given the unrealistic targets. The targets can also have a lot of changing priorities in them as to what the important metrics are depending on what the Provider decides to target. All in all though a great company who does promote from within for Management positions as opposed to hiring from the outside as a general rule so advancement is completely possible.
Pros
High Earning Potential
Cons
Changing Priorites
really easy job and fun to work. really professional and barely had hard days at work, i loved dealing with customers and fixing their issues . work was usually 8 hours
good plae to start .. does not offer good salary... no scope for advancement.. they just keep student on job and then we dont get enogh hours .....................
Had an amazing team to work with and the hours and flexibility was great. Was a great environment to work in. Learned a lot about sales and customer service. Enjoyed every day working with this company.
• Accountable for Retail Store (Skynet Wireless- Fido Dealer) in Vancouver, Canada with involvement in various operations like acquisition of new customer • Giving complete solution to the customer for the complete life cycle • Responsible for profitability of store by monitoring opex of the store and controlling the cost • Increasing the revenue of the company by bringing high ARPU customers on board • Primary Targets of Smart Phones for customers
Cons
Busy schedule
A typical day at Skynet would be to open up the kiosk, check for any merchandise changes, make sure the kiosk looks presentable, and begin to greet customers as they walk by. We stand outside of the kiosk and we make sure we smile and look approachable. What I have learned the most from working at this company is how to stay on your toes and be prepared for every and any situation that comes your way. Emotionally, mentally and physically I have been subconsciously trained to assert myself with co-workers when needed and to appropriately deal with customers in every circumstance. My experience with Skynet Wirelesses management has been up and down just like any other management team. It is a new company and we are all still learning the do's and do not's of the company as a whole. Being a newer company and a high turnover in staff it has been a struggle to find a solid foundation within management. With dealing with those struggles I have realized we are all doing the best we can. I have high hopes for this company as it grows into the CEO it is meant to be. My co-workers have all been great. I have had the opportunity to train most of them. majority of the people who I have worked with have taught me lots about the industry and I have been able to pass it all on to my own staff. They are all great people. The hardest part of the job, especially being a manger. Was to make sure the store targets were getting hit, the operations of the store were being taking care of and the employee were growing in their position and not falling behind. The main struggle was with - more...
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
No support
If you're seeking a job at Skynet its probably one of the places I enjoyed the most, the budgets are being cut so that means hours are going down if you're not selling. When things go your way like they did for me alot in my worst times personally if you take a down you will suffer. If you're looking for a way to make a quick buck and learn some stuff along the way its good. I'm looking for a career choice so its not the best fit for me.
Pros
Good fun place to work
Cons
No career advancement