Skynet Wireless

Skynet Wireless Employee Reviews

Canada12 reviews

Skynet Family

A typical day at Skynet would be to open up the kiosk, check for any merchandise changes, make sure the kiosk looks presentable, and begin to greet customers as they walk by. We stand outside of the kiosk and we make sure we smile and look approachable. What I have learned the most from working at this company is how to stay on your toes and be prepared for every and any situation that comes your way. Emotionally, mentally and physically I have been subconsciously trained to assert myself with co-workers when needed and to appropriately deal with customers in every circumstance. My experience with Skynet Wirelesses management has been up and down just like any other management team. It is a new company and we are all still learning the do's and do not's of the company as a whole. Being a newer company and a high turnover in staff it has been a struggle to find a solid foundation within management. With dealing with those struggles I have realized we are all doing the best we can. I have high hopes for this company as it grows into the CEO it is meant to be. My co-workers have all been great. I have had the opportunity to train most of them. majority of the people who I have worked with have taught me lots about the industry and I have been able to pass it all on to my own staff. They are all great people. The hardest part of the job, especially being a manger. Was to make sure the store targets were getting hit, the operations of the store were being taking care of and the employee were growing in their position and not falling behind. The main struggle was with -

Pros

Flexible Schedule

Cons

No support

10/10 don’t recommend

worst “salary” structure, no stats or holiday pay. Vacation pay derived from “bonus”- no overtime or owed hours but docked despite after work or day off expectancies - no support to a repetitively needed location- day one was working towards building a structure for a dying location- systems that are 5 steps that could easily be incorporated into 1 with integration - commission structure beyond questionable as to BC employment standard- lunches mandatory and docked whether able to take lunch or not. Had to take screenshot of BC employment standards when there were no staff or ability to take unpaid lunch.- mandatory mental health courses but no understanding however lack of applying this.- very little in pay as management despite being pulled away for redundant tasks that take away from comission incentive.- docked commission- every seasoned employee left before or during my on-boarding due to the above mentioned or things I’m not aware of.- no training in tech/ that’s 75% of customers without any commission and being tied up. Within sales you make less than any walk in waitress on average for several hours of work per customer.

Pros

- staff

Cons

Stated above.

Insights into Skynet Wireless

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Don’t waste your time!

Don’t even bother wasting your time with this very poorly run company. You get drug through the mud with their “senior staff” there is no appreciation and they’ll kick you to the curb at the drop of a hat if you question them

"No communication, No transparency"

There is no communication and feedback providing at all and evaluations are hidden from you instead of using to empower you which is the worst issue. There is not any well organized training for the job and no proper way for staff growth. Mostly students who need the job can tolerate it and right after graduation they leave...Worst working culture and stressful I had ever seen.

Bad communication of managers and HQ with Employee.

Nice working Environment

All the employees are very cooperative and supportive. I really enjoyed my tenure with skynet wireless specially those traveling opportunities helps to add on more skill in my resume.

Fun Co-workers, Lots of potential

The company as a whole is really a great company to work for. As a general rule your co-workers are good people that are fun to work with and most everyone gets along. There is a bit of a division between the Island and mainland stores which leads to frustrations on both sides, but it really isn't something you have to deal with excessively. Lots of potential with the commission and Bonus Structure to make a lot more than one would expect from the outside looking in. You can earn trips to Mexico, Las Vegas, etc, new phones and other products as well. You do get a lot of support form upper management but sometimes the targets do seem a little high and not exactly divided in a way that makes sense between all the stores which can lead to some frustrations for the stores that seem to be given the unrealistic targets. The targets can also have a lot of changing priorities in them as to what the important metrics are depending on what the Provider decides to target. All in all though a great company who does promote from within for Management positions as opposed to hiring from the outside as a general rule so advancement is completely possible.

Pros

High Earning Potential

Cons

Changing Priorites

really easy job and fun to work. really professional and barely had hard days at work, i loved dealing with customers and fixing their issues . work was usually 8 hours

good place to start

good plae to start .. does not offer good salary... no scope for advancement.. they just keep student on job and then we dont get enogh hours .....................

Great flexibility and great team.

Had an amazing team to work with and the hours and flexibility was great. Was a great environment to work in. Learned a lot about sales and customer service. Enjoyed every day working with this company.

Good customer service learning enviroment

• Accountable for Retail Store (Skynet Wireless- Fido Dealer) in Vancouver, Canada with involvement in various operations like acquisition of new customer • Giving complete solution to the customer for the complete life cycle • Responsible for profitability of store by monitoring opex of the store and controlling the cost • Increasing the revenue of the company by bringing high ARPU customers on board • Primary Targets of Smart Phones for customers

Cons

Busy schedule

Friendly place

If you're seeking a job at Skynet its probably one of the places I enjoyed the most, the budgets are being cut so that means hours are going down if you're not selling. When things go your way like they did for me alot in my worst times personally if you take a down you will suffer. If you're looking for a way to make a quick buck and learn some stuff along the way its good. I'm looking for a career choice so its not the best fit for me.

Pros

Good fun place to work

Cons

No career advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Skynet Wireless. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement