Skylon Tower Employee Reviews

Job Supervisor did not interactive with employees.
Customer Service (cashier) (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON14 March 2018
Opened and closed the store. I loved Interacting with customers to provide them with an optimal shopping experience. I also enjoyed stocking the store with new items and repeats of the popular most asked for products. We constantly had to keep the store tidy and clean.
Pros
bad free coffee
Cons
no full time work, lay offs every year; no benefits.
productive
Receptionist / Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON8 February 2018
skylon is a great place to work. interesting place to meet great people all over the world. enjoy working with different people and leaning new things
Busy,stressfull Photographer
Supervisor for photo crew (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON5 January 2018
Don't get me wrong I LOVE taking photos, it's just hard to push people to buy them for too much money. Yet your paycheck relies on them and the sales you make. Management is decent here, you make sales, your in the good books, you don't and you get the cold shoulder. If your good at your job it's pretty easy to make an advancement. Alot of stairs if your taking the photos upstairs. Beautiful view daily and lovely to meet tourist.
Pros
View and people
Cons
Selling
Good starting job
Greeter/Photographer (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON7 December 2017
typical day at work is standing and welcoming customers and taking their photos. I've learnt better people skills and time management. The management is alright, can be very hectic at times. It is a very multicultural place. Enjoyable place to work. Hardest part of the job is standing long hours when it is not busy. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendly staff.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Long hours of standing
not friendly and not welcoming
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON6 July 2017
cleaned bathrooms, patio, dishes, food preparation area. cook bread, prepare vegetables and meats for the day and next shift or the following day. help customers create their choice of sandwich.
Great first job!
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON2 May 2017
If you are looking for your first job especially, this is the place to go. Very good work environment and little employment turnover. You will learn a lot about how to talk to customers which has served me well.
Fast Paced and Fun Work Environment
Barista (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON16 September 2016
While working at the Skylon Tower I really enjoyed how friendly and accommodating the management staff were. I learned how to work in a fast-paced, busy tourist area which I really enjoyed.
Fun enviroment to work in with friendly people
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON4 May 2016
The skylon is a good enviroment to work in with great managers and friendly staff members. A typical day at work involves a lot of tourists.
Pros
long breaks, friendly managers, great staff
Cons
Bulding in need of repair
Good Environment with an Overall Good Staff
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON18 April 2016
You can't go wrong with the variety and overall pleasantness from the fellow employees and management. I was always able to book off times when I needed it, even during the busy season, weekday or weekend.
it was a good place
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON10 November 2015
i didn't mind working for this company the hours were great and the pay at the time was alright..the people i worked for were very fair
fun workplace
Sales Associate/ Photographer (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines22 March 2015
I really enjoyed working in an arena for a big league hockey team. It was always fun and loud and there was always something happening. I met a lot of great people and i was always looking forward to going into work
A Great Place for Summer Employment
Guest Services (Ticket sales, reservations) (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON22 May 2014
Amazing people to work with in a fast paced environment. Managers are helpful, supportive, and accommodating.
great steakhouse
Line cook/Prep cook (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON6 March 2014
great tourist place to work in niagara falls great food great staff and great and experienced foh staff
feel top of the world
Post Graduation Internship (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON14 December 2013
>learned about team work and managing operations
> great view from the work place always keep a smile on your face
Productive place to work with supportive staff
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON14 December 2012
A typical day of work would consist of me being a half hour early to prepare for my shift. When I worked line cook shifts I would show up a half hour early and prepare food before we start to serve our dinner menu. I learned how important it was to be able to keep up with other staff during our busy hours. I had very good co workers around me many of them were supportive of each other and never really had any disagreements. I think the hardest part of the job would be keeping up with a busy rush.
Pros
free meals
Cons
busy hours
It was a relaxed environment, with 4 star food
!st Cook (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, Ontario30 November 2011
I enjoyed working here, the people that worked there are very friendly and a joy to work with. I love to cook food so it was a good job for me. I am looking outside the box now
Pros
free diunner with every shift
Cons
pay was not very good