SKYLINE LIVING Management reviews

Terrible work environment and no organization. Avoid
Employee (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON8 December 2018
Incompetent management, long hours, unrealistic expectations, employees are disrespected and treares as disposable.

If you want to keep a sense of self worth avoid this company. Skyline Living has been hands down my worst working experience I have ever encountered. Head office provides no guidance but expects your operation to run without issue.

Tenants are also lied to regarding the state of the building. I was told to accept rental applications for a building that was in the process of being sold (application included a void cheque).

Avoid.
Pros
Being talked down to
Cons
No help, low pay, unrealistic
lacking of administration
Resident Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 July 2018
Lot of rotation, terrible administration. HR never helps. The company expects so much from employees but they never provide the proper training or tools to get things done. Upper management just judge instead of helping.
Pros
No paying rent
Cons
company expects you to work 24/7
Property Management Administrator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON31 May 2018
Wonderful place to work! Great people and management. I loved working at Skyline. They treat their employees very well. It was hard to leave. I did it because I was moving to a new location.
Pros
work environment, work life balance
Cons
salary
Don't Bother
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON13 March 2018
If you want respect and security look elsewhere. You are treated like a disposable commodity and will be overworked and underpaid. You will be disrespected by management and some tenants.
Pros
weight loss
Cons
Stress
told to treat tenants badly
hard worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 October 2016
this building was bought up and getting rennovated. At first told tenants that they could get repairs, then cutbacks and no repairs. We had to tell tenants that they would have to refile a complaint and we would see what we could do. Some had complaints from 2 years earlier. The elevator had to be replaced so tenants where told groceries would be carried up...nope, no one hired. I felt so bad for tenants on upper floors. We were told that we could take away parking even though it was in their original lease. Most people didn't know any better. This is a rotten company that could not care less for tenants.
Loved skyline but turned for the worse
Former property manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario27 June 2016
Horrible not recommended. Work hard get nothing but a kick in the butt. No matter what you do means nothing. Not a good company
Great experience gained
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 October 2015
Skyline Living is a burgeoning company throughout Canada.

The Alberta region needs more attention and better qualified staff to reduce the mismanagement of Skyline Living's growth in the province as well as Skyline Living's standing with Albertans.
Management will mess you over
Resident Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines15 June 2015
And then tell you it's your own fault, salaries are terrible and they force you to work longer and harder hours without compensation. Would avoid
Pros
'free rent'
Cons
no it's not and they'll mess you over that way too, also terrible hours that just get worse
Busy, productive but very demanding and difficult to keep work and personal lives balanced, pay not very substancial
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tecumseh, ON10 December 2014
A typical day at worked involved cleaning the common areas of the building; assisting manager with support staff, viewings of available apartments, answering the telephone when covering for the manager 24 hrs/day, and assisting tenants with immediate concerns and emergencies.
What I learned was time management and problem-solving as I often worked alone on weekends or week days when the managers had the day off. My resources were often called upon. I honed my interactions with all kinds of personalities and sharpened my people skills
The hardest part of my job was staying motivated despite making very little money. It was a very demanding job in many ways and I was very responsible and the pay was not reflective of this.
The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with many lovely tenants every day. Serving them and making their residence more homey was an honour.