SKYLINE LIVING Employee Reviews

Terrible work environment and no organization. Avoid
Employee (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON8 December 2018
Incompetent management, long hours, unrealistic expectations, employees are disrespected and treares as disposable.

If you want to keep a sense of self worth avoid this company. Skyline Living has been hands down my worst working experience I have ever encountered. Head office provides no guidance but expects your operation to run without issue.

Tenants are also lied to regarding the state of the building. I was told to accept rental applications for a building that was in the process of being sold (application included a void cheque).

Avoid.
Pros
Being talked down to
Cons
No help, low pay, unrealistic
Very none appreciated in job
Resident Manager (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON9 September 2018
This company simply takes advantage of people when they are down on their luck. They pay very little and tell you that you are getting a free apartment which is not true because of the salary that they pay you.They have a weekly new item to add to your curriculum and they expect you to have it all done. They constantly badger you with emails and expect everything to run smoothly but yet we have a hard time to get the proper companies in here to fix items.
Pros
Cons
Extreme long hours
Time consuming and impossible expectations
RESIDENT MANAGER/ASISSTANT RESIDENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON3 September 2018
Always something different
Impossible work/life balance
Lack of holidays
Impossible to do job correctly due to outside factors (contractors, changes in administrative tasks, etc
Pros
Little oversight
Cons
Very little time off
Best Property Management Company to be Apart of :)
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 August 2018
Skyline Living Treats you like Family. If you work hard, you get results. We have a great team at Skyline who supports and appreciates your Hard Work. They invest alot of time in Training and working towards being the best in providing excetional customer experience and branding the business. Skyline has grown exponentially and give you the tools and resources to be sucessful.
Pros
Family Treatment, Loyalty, Appreciative, Supportive.
Cons
N/a
lacking of administration
Resident Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 July 2018
Lot of rotation, terrible administration. HR never helps. The company expects so much from employees but they never provide the proper training or tools to get things done. Upper management just judge instead of helping.
Pros
No paying rent
Cons
company expects you to work 24/7
Property Management Administrator (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON31 May 2018
Wonderful place to work! Great people and management. I loved working at Skyline. They treat their employees very well. It was hard to leave. I did it because I was moving to a new location.
Pros
work environment, work life balance
Cons
salary
Productive and room for advancement
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Tecumseh, ON2 May 2018
paperwork
leasing apartments
deposits
inspections
cleaning
tenant complaints
ordering supplies
This is a great place to work with lots of room for advancement. You learn lots while working for them.
Don't Bother
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON13 March 2018
If you want respect and security look elsewhere. You are treated like a disposable commodity and will be overworked and underpaid. You will be disrespected by management and some tenants.
Pros
weight loss
Cons
Stress
La gestion immobilière a besoin d'une sérieuses restructuration
Gérante d'immeuble (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QC18 December 2017
Les employées de la plupart des départements ont une charge de travaille mal évaluer, trop peu payé pour la charge excessive. Les tentatives d'organisation change trop souvent. Je crois que le personnel est vraiment trop poussé avec des échéancier impossible dû à une désorganisation total.
Pros
Une très bonne firme
Cons
Une direction immobilière croiyant au surcharge travaille non payé
Good work, easy job, barely any pay and long hours
Assistant Resident Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON30 August 2017
A typical day at work consists of cleaning the laundry room, lobby, vacuuming the halls, cleaning the boilers, maintaining building appearance. Handling tenant needs, assisting with tenant needs and managing the building along with answering emails and phone calls
Pros
work at home
Cons
barely any pay
professional
Assistant Resident Manager (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON22 August 2017
good company, willing to train there employees. willing to work with people to make ends meet and satisfy the customer. would recommend this company to anyone who wishes to rent from them.
Pros
fellow workers
Cons
stressful
told to treat tenants badly
hard worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 October 2016
this building was bought up and getting rennovated. At first told tenants that they could get repairs, then cutbacks and no repairs. We had to tell tenants that they would have to refile a complaint and we would see what we could do. Some had complaints from 2 years earlier. The elevator had to be replaced so tenants where told groceries would be carried up...nope, no one hired. I felt so bad for tenants on upper floors. We were told that we could take away parking even though it was in their original lease. Most people didn't know any better. This is a rotten company that could not care less for tenants.
Loved skyline but turned for the worse
Former property manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario27 June 2016
Horrible not recommended. Work hard get nothing but a kick in the butt. No matter what you do means nothing. Not a good company
Renting and Collecting Rent
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON6 June 2016
Looking after tenants, concerns about maintenance, rental issues and making them feel better no matter what the problem.
I learned alot about rentng and collecting rent.
The Landlord n Tenant Act , what you are able and not able to do within the Act.
Hardest part of job was dealing with a co-worker that was very unhappy and uncooperative.
Most enjoyable part of my job was the Tenants. Wonderful people who I had no problem with in any sense. Tenants of all ages and cultures, I loved them all. From those who have lived here for years on end to those who I helped get their new homes.
Pros
Learning more everyday
Cons
at times Long hours
Professional employer.
Property Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON3 February 2016
Enjoy the professional atmosphere fostered by Skyline Living.

Plenty of opportunity for training and advancement.

Flexible schedule and can work independently or in a team setting.
excellant
Resident Manager (Current Employee) –  edmonton25 January 2016
good sourse of information and lists of immediate openings. Very Useful and informative. Use it alot when searching for jobs
Great experience gained
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 October 2015
Skyline Living is a burgeoning company throughout Canada.

The Alberta region needs more attention and better qualified staff to reduce the mismanagement of Skyline Living's growth in the province as well as Skyline Living's standing with Albertans.
Management will mess you over
Resident Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines15 June 2015
And then tell you it's your own fault, salaries are terrible and they force you to work longer and harder hours without compensation. Would avoid
Pros
'free rent'
Cons
no it's not and they'll mess you over that way too, also terrible hours that just get worse
Busy, productive but very demanding and difficult to keep work and personal lives balanced, pay not very substancial
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tecumseh, ON10 December 2014
A typical day at worked involved cleaning the common areas of the building; assisting manager with support staff, viewings of available apartments, answering the telephone when covering for the manager 24 hrs/day, and assisting tenants with immediate concerns and emergencies.
What I learned was time management and problem-solving as I often worked alone on weekends or week days when the managers had the day off. My resources were often called upon. I honed my interactions with all kinds of personalities and sharpened my people skills
The hardest part of my job was staying motivated despite making very little money. It was a very demanding job in many ways and I was very responsible and the pay was not reflective of this.
The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with many lovely tenants every day. Serving them and making their residence more homey was an honour.