Skyline Group of Companies
Happiness score is 44 out of 100

Skyline Group of Companies Employee Reviews

Toxic environment with no direction

There is no learning curve no mentoring you will lose the skills you came in with.Upper management is awful. It’s too bad the owners are not more involved.

Cons

competitive, low pay, minimal sick days, no direction, no training or mentoring

Room to advance and encouraged.

I made my way from ARM to RM and then to Senior Resident Manager in 5 years.I stayed a Skyline teammate for a total of 6 yrs.I was a professional Mover for 35 years and can honestly say both places of employment are top notch.I an now in a Skyline building as a tenant because of the quality of the group.

Pros

Team atmosphere from the owners all the way to field staff. Very close.

Cons

No longer employed by Skyline. Miss the full team that shares P.R.I.D.E.

One step up,two steps back.

If you looking to work for a company where communication,respect and the resources to do your job are non-existent, this is the place for you."Front line and essential employee's" are treated like yesterday's trash.

Pros

if you have a heart beat, they will hire you.

Cons

Completely un-realistic job expectations.

Amazing Place to Work

You come for the job and you stay for the people. A really down to earth culture, with rapid growth allowing you to continue to expand your experience and grow in your career.

Horrible disrespectful company

This company will leave you broke and or homeless. Regional directors and property managers don’t have any respect for their on-site staff, and they treat everybody like they’re beneath them. Your job will be threatened daily, and you’ll get paid the absolute bare minimum for working well over 80 hours a week.

Pros

Cons

Long hours with no pay

Don't do it.

Management is absolutely horrid, feels more like a dictatorship. Extremely disorganized, no communication or team work. Archaic system processes. Regional director is absolutely ignorant along with the property manager and senior management . Staff do not get back to tenants, people constantly leaving. Sites look horrible. If you want a job where you have to do tedious tasks assigned to you by senior management with no follow up and you want to hear your tenants complaining everyday about how no one assists them with their problems or answers the phone then this job is for you. 10/10 don't do it.

Cons

Under paid for what is required

the company is extremely hit and miss you are guaranteed to work a minimum of 8 hours a day up to 24 with no extra pay or benefits. Pay is not worth the job at most buildings unless you are lucky enough to have a high end building. If you have the plumbing and electrical skills to do this job you can make fare more elsewhere as the salary ends up being around $500 cash a month plus free rent. Management is at least helpful but often powerless to remedy the situations.

Pros

Reduced rent

Cons

Long hours, under paid

Great coworkers and management!

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Skyline and would recommend anyone who is personable, hard working and can think on their feet, to this job. From team lunches to routine fire drills to last minute rental applications, I always had a funny story to tell at the end of the day. My manager and coworkers made the tough job days better, and were always there for support. Unfortunately, my career path pushed me into a different direction but I will always miss the crazy, fun, Skyline days!

It was a challenging work place with appropriate rewards

HR manager was very accommodating to solve any problems. Flexible regarding any time off as needed. (Appointments) family situations etc... I would recommend to work for this company to anyone.

Pros

Really enjoyed the 1/4 monthly staff meeting.

Cons

Limited opportunity for advancement.

Do not recommend

They fire you for no reason with no idea that it is even happening. They also hire you then tell you that you are not good enough. wouldn't recommend to anyone, they break your spirit.

Jobs at Skyline Group of Companies

See more jobs

Poor property managers and company

I just quit working for this company after being harassed by the property manager and they want you to do way more work then what they will pay you for and company will lie to you

Pros

Cons

Management, long hour's no pay

good company, fast paced

Good experience with this company. Lots of training, Co workers were good, lots of laughs and good times. Could have better communication from higher management when ordering was done.

Pros

nice buildings, good co workers

Cons

on call, need better communication

Skyline speaks Volumes!

Having been an Team Member in a Family of co-workers at Skyline Living, I Proudly display my awards in my home and promote the people and the PRIDE in the Skyline name.

Pros

Too many to list but Awesome 1st!

Wouldn’t work here

I was bullied and harassed by the resident manager at my building. Head office wouldn’t do anything to help, they just allowed it to happen. My particular site gave me this horrible experience, I wanted to switch sites but the property manager never looked into it for me like she said she would.

Great Company!

Skyline Living is an exceptional company to work for. Lots of training provided along with a fantastic welcome package that truly makes you feel part of the team. Excellent on site staff and management willing to help when needed and always available to talk to or ask questions. It’s a busy 24 hour job when you’re on call but you know that going in and the company reminds you to take breaks and find the balance so you don't get burned out. I love being a Skyliner!

They used as much possible they can !

Was very bad experience , I had to work a lot of over time with no pay ( for free ) , most of the time I worked from am till pm ! & I had the emergency phone that I had to take the after midnight calls & I had to drive after midnight to fix any emergency incidents at no Xtra pay ! & they never appreciate my work and my time !

What started out as an excellent, team and family oriented company quickly deteriorated into poor leadership and high turnover

Not much to say. Built an excellent team from a group of individual properties. Someone with no knowledge of the local economy or situation decided that the results weren't positive enough High turnover and wrong people allowed to influence their direction

Skyline Living

Great people working together. Staff was great. Management not so much. But the Maintenance staff along with the resident managers were great to work with. Nothing bad to say about staff. Management on the other hand, need to listen to the Maintenance staff more and learn from them as well. 2 new people trying to run a big area. Not good.

Roofing Company Out in the Boon Docks

Skyline used to be a decent place to work. Pretty strict. Field and Office kept separate like it was against social stature to be amalgamated with each other. Then they kept bringing in Executives.

Great work environment

I love working here. Great environment. Management is easy to talk to about anything. Overall it is a very positive and motivating work environment. That celebrates their employees well and various times of the year. Unfortunately the salaries are low and the medical benefits are pretty poor compared to my last employer.

My review is stated below

Great group of people to work with. Upper management is still trying to learn their jobs. Not pleasant. Keeping our tenants happy is second, filling units is number 1. Supplies are now very limited and makes our maintenance work just a little bit harder to do. Overall really enjoyed working there as work was non stop. Always something to do. That's at all Skyline Living properties.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Skyline Group of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8