SkyHive Technologies Inc.

SkyHive Technologies Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada5 reviews
At SkyHive, everyone fully believes that in order to achieve the company's mission of alleviating global poverty, 140% of each team member is required. As a result, you've got a high-performing, rockstar team of developers, designers, and thinkers working towards the same goal, and everyone's utmost commitment and accountability to one another makes it easier than imagined.

Many things that might be considered as 'overcommitment' by typical corporate sheep are inherent in SkyHive's culture. But don't let that intimidate you - if you've got the right mindset and the right skillset, you are in for the ride of your life.
Pros
Personal & career growth, ownership, excitement
Cons
New hires might experience a steeper learning curve due to SkyHive's unique culture, long hours
I have had the pleasure of being with SkyHive from the beginning. Since then we have grown substantially and there are no signs of slowing down.

To put it simply, we are building something that has never been built before and hard work comes with the territory. We operate on a “customer comes first” basis. Meaning, all of our decisions are made with our customers in mind.

At SkyHive all employees are asked to be as transparent as possible. Being transparent allows our team to mitigate operational risk and realize new opportunities.

I love working at SkyHive and I am extremely excited to see where we go from here.
As SkyHive's very first employee I am incredibly proud of the place I work.

Life at SkyHive:

Do the work that is expected of you.

If you say you're going to do something, do it.

Stay true to our values.

After that, it's up to you what you do with your time. You are free to make the experience however you'd like. You are encouraged to step outside your comfort zone and try new things.

If you want to learn about another department or help out in a field that you’re unfamiliar with, go for it. If you have a new idea, jump into it. It's incredibly important to our culture that team members follow their interests and build an experience that fulfills them.

We work hard, we are transparent and we have fun.
Skyhive is a new tech company that is growing everyday, it's full of extremely talented and passionate people who are all super knowledgeable in their respective fields.
It's fairly laidback and easy going with the ability to go up and chat with anyone about anything you might have a question about including the CEO who is very easy to get a hold of and very present.

Typically day can range from meetings and discussions about new products or existing issues, working on multiple projects for clients and partners and more.

I learn something new almost everyday from either a business side or relating to the nature of HR and labour markets.

For me the hardest part is to keep up with everything because there is so much going on in terms of partners, deals and new requirements that it can be tricky.

The focus on company balance and growth is top notch and as far as a start up goes this is the most organized i've ever seen it....documents, values and goals are all very clear and easy to see.
I absolutely love working for SkyHive.

Like with any start-up there's a lot of work to be done and everyone wears many hats. There is no hierarchy and everyone has a seat at the table but this type of environment is certainly not for everyone.

However, if you're looking for an amazing growth opportunity, a place to really make a difference and want to work with a hardworking fun team then this is the place for you!
Pros
Team members, trust, autonomy, transparency, generous vacation policy, benefits, msp coverage
Cons
None really
Ask a question about working or interviewing at SkyHive Technologies Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
SkyHive Technologies Inc. Reviews by Location